***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Jambo house!
In Jambo the standard view villas will be on the 5th floor on Zebra or Kudu trail.
Those on Zebra trail will have a pool, roofs or perhaps an obstructed Uzima savanna view. They are convenient to the pool, laundry and Mara (quick service restaurant.) Currently there are 2 baby giraffe on Uzima savanna.
The standard villas on Kudu trail will most likely have a partial Sunset savanna view.
The choices you have w/ online check in are so generic they aren't much help, so if you prefer Zebra over Kudu trail (or vice versa) or a specific trail/view it’s best to call and have it noted.

Last edited:
It's starting already... we've owned our DVC contract for 10 days and I just booked a weekend at AKV (got a value studio!!!) for Nov '18! My HS best friend will be at WDW for their first time and I really want to take my kids to MVMCP. Think I'll wait a few months before I mention it to DH :earboy2: (since we just booked Disneyland for July).

Just booked a Kidani Savannah View 1 BR Sept 9th-14th 2018 for my first DVC stay, so excited :) ... even though I just got back yesterday from a 9 day stay at AKV Jambo.

Hi again, I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favour and let me know if there is any availability for a savanna studio Aug 20-29? We are about to settle on Aug vs Dec and this is the deciding factor! Aug 19-28 or 21-30 would also work for us.

Huge, gigantic thanks to anyone who can help answer this for me!

Last edited:
Hi again, I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favour and let me know if there is any availability for a savanna studio Aug 20-29? We are about to settle on Aug vs Dec and this is the deciding factor! Aug 19-28 or 21-30 would also work for us.

Huge, gigantic thanks to anyone who can help answer this for me!

Actually board rules prohibit checking on availability. My guess though is that there is availability at Kidani and maybe at Jambo as those dates are a slower time of the year for DVC.

Whoops! I am so sorry!

I think there's just concern about too many posts ending up being about availability and since it's fluid and changing it just takes up board space. But like I mentioned I bet there will be availability especially since you have a little flexibility. The wait to close and look can seem like forever!

Just booked my first DVC AKL trip Thanksgiving week '18! We've gone to Disney every year the past 11 years, but this will be our first as an AKL DVC owner. We booked in the Studio Savannah view in Jambo, not sure how/when to make special room requests, etc., so any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Just booked my first DVC AKL trip Thanksgiving week '18! We've gone to Disney every year the past 11 years, but this will be our first as an AKL DVC owner. We booked in the Studio Savannah view in Jambo, not sure how/when to make special room requests, etc., so any tips will be greatly appreciated!

You can email your request at any time now to MS, just make certain to do it at least couple of weeks prior to your check in. Or you can call in to do it too.

You can email your request at any time now to MS, just make certain to do it at least couple of weeks prior to your check in. Or you can call in to do it too.

Speaking of this, anyone have a good suggestion for Kidani recommendation? I don't mind being close or far away from the lobby.

Speaking of this, anyone have a good suggestion for Kidani recommendation? I don't mind being close or far away from the lobby.
I always request Sunset Savanna as my first request. It has the zebra and giraffe.

Other considerations include:
Near elevator (handy easy access to a car you may have parked below)
Top Floor (for sweeping views)
Low floor (for a more isolated but closer feel to the animals)
Near Lobby (I find this is best when I'm in a studio without a car, and know I'll need easy access to the laundry room and transportation.)

Keep in mind, the animals will not be camped out in front of you all the time. They move about freely and you can go a day without seeing a zebra or giraffe in your area. Depending on the time of year and the amount of foliage on the trees, the high floors may allow you to see more action.

Just closed on a small resale add on at AKV-we closed on a resale purchase at GCV last month. Super excited! We stayed on rented points at a Kidani 2 bdrm a few years back for my first every DVC stay and I loved it so much. Except it was January of 2010 and literally freezing-we did not get to use the balcony for leisurely animal watching and wine drinking like I’d anticipated. Anyway, we mainly get to DL but am hoping to do every other year to to WDW-plan to add on as finances allow. So excited-and have to admit I’m excited to have a blue membership card and an official tote bag. Their marketing sure works :)

Does anyone know how many standard 1 bedroom views there are at Jambo? (or close to how many given that I don't think it has been verified how many reclassified views there are)

Just closed on a small resale add on at AKV-we closed on a resale purchase at GCV last month. Super excited! We stayed on rented points at a Kidani 2 bdrm a few years back for my first every DVC stay and I loved it so much. Except it was January of 2010 and literally freezing-we did not get to use the balcony for leisurely animal watching and wine drinking like I’d anticipated. Anyway, we mainly get to DL but am hoping to do every other year to to WDW-plan to add on as finances allow. So excited-and have to admit I’m excited to have a blue membership card and an official tote bag. Their marketing sure works :)
Welcome Home to AKV!
Those tote bags are wonderful. Been using mine as my under the seat carry on bag for the last 10 years. Haven't misplaced the car keys since then. :D

It's starting already... we've owned our DVC contract for 10 days and I just booked a weekend at AKV (got a value studio!!!) for Nov '18! My HS best friend will be at WDW for their first time and I really want to take my kids to MVMCP. Think I'll wait a few months before I mention it to DH :earboy2: (since we just booked Disneyland for July).

I made it 2 weeks before I told DH... and now one of his best friends is coming with us! Guess our little random trip just got a lot more fun! I *might* try switching to BRV at 7 months... but I doubt I'll be able to get in since it's the holiday season. I'd love the extra sleeping space with the two kids and the boat to MK since that's our only park on our agenda atm (although with DH's friend joining us... I can see that changing rapidly!). Luckily 7 months out is after 11 months to book our planned Feb 2019 trip - so I'll know whether or not I was able to get a value room for that trip. If I can't, then we won't have the extra points to change this one from value to something else. Love at least having the low-point option to squeeze in an extra weekend!

Does anyone know how many standard 1 bedroom views there are at Jambo? (or close to how many given that I don't think it has been verified how many reclassified views there are)

I couldn't get the link to open but I was wondering for a rough idea. Thanks!
Actually, I’ve read that there were originally 10 standard view lock offs (so 10 1 br.s + 10 studios) and the reclassification added 24 standard view lock offs which were formerly savanna views. Likewise there were 3 dedicated studio standard views before reclass and 11 dedicated studios were reclassified from former savanna views. How accurate this info. is, I don’t know, but based on reports of which standard villas posters have gotten through the years it seems pretty accurate.
If my research & reading of the AKV Jambo map is correct 10 of the current standard view 1 br.s are pool/roof pool views from the lobby/Zebra trail - which is consistent w/ the original classifications and the other 24 are partial Sunset or Uzima savanna view from the lobby, Kudu and Zebra trail.
I’m rolling the dice for my next visit and saved points by booking standard view but hope to get a partial savanna view :)

Actually, I’ve read that there were originally 10 standard view lock offs (so 10 1 br.s + 10 studios) and the reclassification added 24 standard view lock offs which were formerly savanna views. Likewise there were 3 dedicated studio standard views before reclass and 11 dedicated studios were reclassified from former savanna views. How accurate this info. is, I don’t know, but based on reports of which standard villas posters have gotten through the years it seems pretty accurate.
If my research & reading of the AKV Jambo map is correct 10 of the current standard view 1 br.s are pool/roof pool views from the lobby/Zebra trail - which is consistent w/ the original classifications and the other 24 are partial Sunset or Uzima savanna view from the lobby, Kudu and Zebra trail.
I’m rolling the dice for my next visit and saved points by booking standard view but hope to get a partial savanna view :)
I like the standard view. We have had pool and partial Savannah and I like both. The pool view is pretty and the location is great. I like to walk down and see the flamingos and other animals in the area. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter