***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We are looking to book at Jambo Oct 9, 2021. I’m having a hard time deciding on what view to get. I can either get a studio with a savanna view, or a two bedroom standard. I’ve heard you can ask for a partial savanna view for standards. Anyone have experience with this? I’m not sure if I want to give up my guaranteed savanna for the possibility of a partial two bedroom. What is everyone’s opinion?
If the option is a Studio vs a 2BR I really don't care what the view is personally....I'll take the 2 BR every time and take my chances on a view. There are many places around the resort to go sit and watch the animals if I want to do that. If the view is a must then do not take the chance though.

See I really want even just a partial view of the savanna. If I get the studio there will be 3 people in it, but 6 in the two bedroom.

We are looking to book at Jambo Oct 9, 2021. I’m having a hard time deciding on what view to get. I can either get a studio with a savanna view, or a two bedroom standard. I’ve heard you can ask for a partial savanna view for standards. Anyone have experience with this? I’m not sure if I want to give up my guaranteed savanna for the possibility of a partial two bedroom. What is everyone’s opinion?

With a standard view at Jambo there is a good chance of being on the savanna, but there is also a chance you will end up with pool view or even a roof view. The Standard room views are okay, but not the lush green savanna, they're more akin to dirt patches or people pens with the savanna beyond and the animals are less abundant. You won't see the animals running or playing, just eating or sleeping.

IMHO, savanna view is the way to go, but if you need the space there is nothing wrong with even a pool view.

Would the studio be real cramped with three adults?
It depends on the adults. I and my two adult kids fit fine, and the resort is large enough that there are places to go to get out of the room and just relax nearby if privacy is needed.

Although, I have to admit that Wilderness Lodge/Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek is superior for having pleasant areas to get off to within the resort.

What is the likelihood of being able to book a grand villa 7 months out. I have home resort points at AKV but not enough for all the nights I would like and you can’t borrow more than 50% so I need to combine it with my SSR points. Would it be better to book a couple nights and add on at 7 months if I can or just wait and see if they are available? Oh and it will be in December so the tough time to book!

We're in the same boat... booking Kidani 2BR standard Oct 19-27th. We're traveling with our family of four, my in-laws and their two young kids, and my brother-in-law. With the borrowing restriction, standard is the only way we can make the points work. We're considering adding on (either direct or resale) so we can upgrade to a GV at OKW, but the 7-month availability scares me a little... we'll see. We just got our member number yesterday, and AKV is our home resort -- we're excited either way!

Anyone at Kidani recently have a photo of the refrigerator case in the store off the lobby? Curious what is being stocked for food/drinks/beer with the limited dining options around.
Also looking to do a prime pantry order. They have beer which I don't remember from before. Will that require in person delivery? Or will bell staff do that? Sanaa is doing takeout and it looks like you can take drinks as well.

Basically trying to figure out a dinner option that would allow us to eat on our deck at Kidani with minimal prep and include adult beverages for our group. I don't really want to cook on vacation and Sanaa is not to our taste.
Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm on our day there so having dinner in our room works ok.
Also considering having CityWorks delivered via uber eats....anyone had good or bad luck with that?

it will be me, my husband, and 20yr old son
My DH, myself and also 20 yo son stay in a studio as well, and there is enough room - but he hates the pull-out sofa and says its miserably uncomfortable with the bars. I have taken to bringing a memory foam topper with us (Thank goodness for SW free baggage).

Is Sanna open right now? We are going in November and there are no ADR's open at all. Seems weird, or I guess the ADRs may just be super limited.

My DH, myself and also 20 yo son stay in a studio as well, and there is enough room - but he hates the pull-out sofa and says its miserably uncomfortable with the bars. I have taken to bringing a memory foam topper with us (Thank goodness for SW free baggage).
Housekeeping can usually dig up a memory foam or gel foam topper. However given how impossible it is to sterilize, I'd also ask for a set of extra sheets to seal it off from us.

Okay... now I'm going overboard cringing about the pillows... LOL. I need to stop.

We're in the same boat... booking Kidani 2BR standard Oct 19-27th. We're traveling with our family of four, my in-laws and their two young kids, and my brother-in-law. With the borrowing restriction, standard is the only way we can make the points work. We're considering adding on (either direct or resale) so we can upgrade to a GV at OKW, but the 7-month availability scares me a little... we'll see. We just got our member number yesterday, and AKV is our home resort -- we're excited either way!
I’d consider renting some extra AKV points rather than buying another contract just for this trip.

I’d consider renting some extra AKV points rather than buying another contract just for this trip.

We've thought of it. But we originally planned for about 350 points, and our current contract is 200. The plan was always to increase, for the right price :) I'm watching the resales that come up and haven't pulled the trigger yet, though. Our original pre-COVID, pre-borrowing restrictions was to bank/borrow our way to a GV at AKV every other year. We'll see what happens. I'm also considering adding on direct, too.

Just got back October 3 from AKL Kidani and a 2 Bedroom villa. Our room number was 7519, we had asked for a room close to the lobby and a higher floor. We got both, which I was happy about. Our room view looked out onto the parking lot, right next to the bus stop. I was fine with that, since we had paid for standard view. The best part about it was we were directly next to the elevator to the garage, and that was very convenient, since we had two cars.

It is a beautiful resort! Being able to see the animals up close, all the awesome sitting areas to relax and the warmth and beauty of the lobby was great. I was disappointed, of course, in the lack of food available and how tiny the store is. Jambo apparently-you all already know i'm sure-has a much bigger one. She said they weren't planning to open it until January. That really surprised me.

Anyway, wonderful resort. I would definitely stay here again!

Were both cars free parking? We are staying in a 2BR next year and taking friends. They may have a car as well. Just curious?! TIA

I can't speak from personal experience, but we are planning an Oct 2021 trip where we'll have two cars. I've done a bit of searching the boards and I believe there is no charge for the 2nd car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter