*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I am soo excited. We just planned a trip to surprise our girls 7 and almost 5. We got a grat deal and will be at the GF from 8/11- 8/17...this is the shortest trip we have taken so I am hoping we can do all we want to! I had no problem getting my ADR's even though I didn't reserve at 180 days like I normally do.

We had a glorious week in the World last week. The temperature was SO perfect and we loved everything about our stay at AKL. I can't wait to get back there in August!

All of our ADR's are done; and now I can just sit and stress over whether I'll get a slinky dog FP or not. :rotfl:

That Friday is SO is a MNSSHP night!

We 'tried' for a Plaza ADR that night too (just in case it was not a party night), but NOTHING is available at 6 pm. Are you going to MNSSHP?

This is also our 3rd family trip too. We stayed at CSR our first trip and I, personally, loved it (DH and kiddos all preferred POR - 2nd trip). We were tucked into the back corner of the resort in bldg 6A, Rancheros. It was so peaceful, close to the pool, and view had a view of a pond standard room) and close to bus stop 3. The pool is incredible!

We are going to MNSSHP, we went back in 2016 when they first started doing August dates and all of us really loved it! We did the dessert party as well and liked that too. If they end up opening dinner ADRs for that day later on, I'll try again, if not, it will just mean more party time for us.

Good to hear about CSR, the past two times we stayed at CBR and really liked it there, but the construction at CBR sounds like it's more invasive than at CSR and they were the same price, so we figured we'd try something new. I'll be sure to join the facebook group as well, thanks!

Edited because 2016 is a different year than 2017.

We are going to MNSSHP, we went back in 2016 when they first started doing August dates and all of us really loved it! We did the dessert party as well and liked that too. If they end up opening dinner ADRs for that day later on, I'll try again, if not, it will just mean more party time for us.

Good to hear about CSR, the past two times we stayed at CBR and really liked it there, but the construction at CBR sounds like it's more invasive than at CSR and they were the same price, so we figured we'd try something new. I'll be sure to join the facebook group as well, thanks!

Edited because 2016 is a different year than 2017.

I will just throw out that we were in Disney last week, and though we stayed at AKL, our magical express bus went to CSR...there is ALOT of construction there as well. Just something to keep in mind.

Hey Y'all! We are booked for the 20-25th at Pop! Just Hubby and I for my "Practically Perfect 50th Unbirthday"! We are for sure doing MNSSHP. And when I called to try and make BOG adr's (No luck because of the renovation that week) the CM said that the 21st (my actual birthday!) very well may be a date as well. I've seen some say it may be a buy out, but MK is closing at 6pm, and No fireworks are scheduled and I've seen that is an indicator as well. #crossingfingers

After what will be a 2 year break (a long time for us!) we will be back at BWV August 16-24! We are looking forward to a slow-and-steady to beat-the-heat vacation!

I have made a change to our resort. I moved us from BWI to GF. I have wanted to get back to the GF since our stay in 2016. I am so very excited!!! So now we are GF 8/20 - 8/29. :cloud9:

Officially booked for a short trip Aug 1-3 at All Star Movies, preferred rooms, with just one day at MK. Traveling with 5 adults, a 6 year old, a 2 year old, and an almost 1 year old! I'm excited, but I keep having to tell myself "We can't do everything, we can't do everything!":rotfl:

It'll be the first time to Disney for the 2 youngest, and the first time the 6 year old will actually remember! This trip was an impulse add on before we head to our beach condo for a week. Should be a lovely vacation! :thumbsup2

Heading back to Shades of Green August 12-22. We've never been to MNSSHP, so we have fingers crossed it will happen during our vacation!

Last edited:
Booked airfare yesterday.
When SW released flights, the ones I wanted were over $600 EACH round trip. This is from Grand Rapids, Michigan. We wanted evening flights.
I waited a while as we got a new SW Visa and were waiting for the points to apply.
When I checked again, the flights had gone down to about $350 each RT. We were able to buy tickets for all 4 of us with points. Yay!
Arriving 11:15 PM August 30, departing 6:20 September 8.
We've never arrived late at night before. Hopefully it works out well!!

I got back from Disney on Saturday, and officially booked our bounceback. We are staying at Art of Animation - Cars Suite August 16-20. Excited to stay there for the first time.

Still working on our plans and thinking about changing plans around. I am finding it hard to work a midday break. We usually don't take breaks, but I know we will need to in the August heat and because my parents are joining us.

We were just at the World in Feb for DD Birthday and now we are planning a trip for 8/26-9/1. A bit bummed Lilo's playhouse and all the childcare centers are closing since our little one LOVES spending an evening there so the adults can have some time.

We were just at the World in Feb for DD Birthday and now we are planning a trip for 8/26-9/1. A bit bummed Lilo's playhouse and all the childcare centers are closing since our little one LOVES spending an evening there so the adults can have some time.

Have you seen reports that they are opening an option at the contemporary. It reportedly will include character interactions and dinner. Time is shorter and I think $65 a kid 4-12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter