*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Ok Finally Finished my Fastpass Choices (actually had to call this morning to get my MK set done by a CM something about Ticket priority)

So my Plans so far are:

8/13 Arrival Day- Drivng up from FL; Targeting a mid morning Arrival at AOA with an early check in to our Nemo Suite (with Free QSDP) otherwise Lunch at Landscape of Flavor and then the kids can take a drawing class, then swimming in the The Big Blue Pool Party, and or Arcade. Then Dinner at California Grill and hopefully a View of the MK Fireworks.

8/14 MK Day- Early Breakfast (Gasparilla Island) Fastpasses (Peter Pan for Me & DOS; Space Mountain for DD & DYS), then (Buzz lightyear my Me & DOS; Big Thundermountain DD & DYS) Lunch-Columbia Harbor (unless we don't feel for seafood), hit up some of our favorite slower rides and then our 7d Fast pass at 5:15 then head towards the Monorail for our Dinner at 1900 Park Faire then I will leave it up to kids if they want to watch Happily Ever after in the Park or go back to the Resort to relax.

8/15 Epcot Day- Early Breakfast (Landscape of Flavor), Fastpasses all in the morning (Soarin, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth) also gotta hit Test Track and Journey to Figment. Still Figuring out Lunch might just use up my snacks in Epcot (I will be heading to Mexico for a nice tall Cucumber Margarita from La Cava De Tequila) After this will let the kids decide whether to stay in the park, to another park or head back to the resort for a bit to relax until our evening reservation for Akershus and Illuminations.

8/16 Moving Day Off to AKL-CL Early for Check In going to do the same thing as our Arrival day. Hope for an Early Check in let the kids head to the Pool and the AKL Recreation programs for the day. Enjoy the Lounge for the Day and Lunch (Mara). I will probably be doing the restaurant tours and might hit up the pool bar. Then in the evening Disney springs still deciding on Dinner but if I have a QSDP credit left we will probably go to DLuxe Burgers or something else and shop.

8/17 HS Day- Out Early to Rope Drop Alien Saucers and TSM; Breakfast; Fastpasses mostly in the Afternoon(Star Tours, Frozen Ever After, SDD) either a quick Lunch or Snack and then favorite rides we didn't fastpass. Then back to resort or hang around till our Early Dinner at Hollywood and Vine w/Fantasmic priority Seating in the evening.

8/18 AK Day- Boma Breakfast! Grab some snacks in the Lounge and head to AK Fastpasses in the Afternoon (Kilimanjaro safari for Me DOS; Expedition Everest DD & DYS, FOP & Lion King) If I can we will ride the Navi otherwise back to resort to relax and figure out dinner (contemplating going to POR or POFQ we loved the food at both or I'm sure the kids will want room service lol) and maybe return for River of light. Pack.

8/19 Check out Day & Fly home
kXrFHEGjqTPIv4OR2wMKfqD4jBT9J103O6sbb25N5uc8nrareaA1Pbfn8P2bC2gSuDeKmuoJXfc584gDkqqw82U36JUYI0KyFbVDNRZJbrzLu5zc6iEMiVjF9pj7-OuM6av2RJGf

I learned my lessons from last year of overscheduling, trying to surprise my kids with every plan and not building in enough resort time for them. So this year at least 2 resort days (especially for my Oldest Son who as you can see is not big on a lot of fast rides) and leaving room for them to change their minds about meals (Less TS Breakfasts etc) while still using up all our free dining credits.

Has everyone chosen their magic bands on MDE? I keep getting this message:

Error:We are unable to display certain MagicBand order details at this time. If some or all of your orders are not present, please refresh the page or try again later.

I marked all the past magic bands as inactive to see if that would make a difference, but it did not.

I was looking to do it a couple days ago and was able to get in but realized I didn't know what color magic bands my kids wanted. So didn't finalize.

Has everyone chosen their magic bands on MDE? I keep getting this message:

Error:We are unable to display certain MagicBand order details at this time. If some or all of your orders are not present, please refresh the page or try again later.

I marked all the past magic bands as inactive to see if that would make a difference, but it did not.

I did mine a couple of days ago with no issues. Maybe the system is having issues.

Ok Finally Finished my Fastpass Choices (actually had to call this morning to get my MK set done by a CM something about Ticket priority)

So my Plans so far are:

8/13 Arrival Day- Drivng up from FL; Targeting a mid morning Arrival at AOA with an early check in to our Nemo Suite (with Free QSDP) otherwise Lunch at Landscape of Flavor and then the kids can take a drawing class, then swimming in the The Big Blue Pool Party, and or Arcade. Then Dinner at California Grill and hopefully a View of the MK Fireworks.

8/14 MK Day- Early Breakfast (Gasparilla Island) Fastpasses (Peter Pan for Me & DOS; Space Mountain for DD & DYS), then (Buzz lightyear my Me & DOS; Big Thundermountain DD & DYS) Lunch-Columbia Harbor (unless we don't feel for seafood), hit up some of our favorite slower rides and then our 7d Fast pass at 5:15 then head towards the Monorail for our Dinner at 1900 Park Faire then I will leave it up to kids if they want to watch Happily Ever after in the Park or go back to the Resort to relax.

8/15 Epcot Day- Early Breakfast (Landscape of Flavor), Fastpasses all in the morning (Soarin, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth) also gotta hit Test Track and Journey to Figment. Still Figuring out Lunch might just use up my snacks in Epcot (I will be heading to Mexico for a nice tall Cucumber Margarita from La Cava De Tequila) After this will let the kids decide whether to stay in the park, to another park or head back to the resort for a bit to relax until our evening reservation for Akershus and Illuminations.

8/16 Moving Day Off to AKL-CL Early for Check In going to do the same thing as our Arrival day. Hope for an Early Check in let the kids head to the Pool and the AKL Recreation programs for the day. Enjoy the Lounge for the Day and Lunch (Mara). I will probably be doing the restaurant tours and might hit up the pool bar. Then in the evening Disney springs still deciding on Dinner but if I have a QSDP credit left we will probably go to DLuxe Burgers or something else and shop.

8/17 HS Day- Out Early to Rope Drop Alien Saucers and TSM; Breakfast; Fastpasses mostly in the Afternoon(Star Tours, Frozen Ever After, SDD) either a quick Lunch or Snack and then favorite rides we didn't fastpass. Then back to resort or hang around till our Early Dinner at Hollywood and Vine w/Fantasmic priority Seating in the evening.

8/18 AK Day- Boma Breakfast! Grab some snacks in the Lounge and head to AK Fastpasses in the Afternoon (Kilimanjaro safari for Me DOS; Expedition Everest DD & DYS, FOP & Lion King) If I can we will ride the Navi otherwise back to resort to relax and figure out dinner (contemplating going to POR or POFQ we loved the food at both or I'm sure the kids will want room service lol) and maybe return for River of light. Pack.

8/19 Check out Day & Fly home
kXrFHEGjqTPIv4OR2wMKfqD4jBT9J103O6sbb25N5uc8nrareaA1Pbfn8P2bC2gSuDeKmuoJXfc584gDkqqw82U36JUYI0KyFbVDNRZJbrzLu5zc6iEMiVjF9pj7-OuM6av2RJGf

I learned my lessons from last year of overscheduling, trying to surprise my kids with every plan and not building in enough resort time for them. So this year at least 2 resort days (especially for my Oldest Son who as you can see is not big on a lot of fast rides) and leaving room for them to change their minds about meals (Less TS Breakfasts etc) while still using up all our free dining credits.

Sounds like you have a good plan! Unfortunately we have also learned a hard lesson about over planning and surprises. The more we go the more lax I have gotten with the plans. We have a short stay this time, but have made very little plans. Looking forward to more pool time!

I did mine a couple of days ago with no issues. Maybe the system is having issues.

Sounds like you have a good plan! Unfortunately we have also learned a hard lesson about over planning and surprises. The more we go the more lax I have gotten with the plans. We have a short stay this time, but have made very little plans. Looking forward to more pool time!

Thanks

Yeah my boys were so upset when we moved to Pop last year and they didn't get any pool time. I did let them get a some pool time at POR which they loved. I also had scheduled so many TS breakfast last year we were always running in the morning somewhere or late because we hung out the night before late and we never used 1 credit each from our QSDP. So lesson learned they are so much more happier this year with the plans. Only surprise is where they are staying although if they going into the MDE app they can probably see lol

Last edited:

I had very, VERY good luck with FastPasses yesterday morning. Not only did I get everything I wanted within about 15-30 minutes of when I wanted it, I had no computer issues! Well, it took a minute to refresh and load, but once it did, I was off to the races. I used my Mac laptop on a Chrome browser, in case people are curious.

My Slinky Dog Dash FP is a little later than I wanted - 3:00-4:00pm at 60+3. With the 7am EMH, that makes for a long time before I can take a break. But I do have a lunch ADR at Brown Derby, so it might work out fine. I do want to come back for Star Wars fireworks. Seems like I might come back just for those instead of a little earlier for more park time. I'll keep checking for an earlier one, but I'm not banking on it.

I found FoP at 60+6 at 11:20am. Perfect timing as far as I'm concerned. Gives me the morning to cover a lot of ground before heading to Pandora. I did Na'vi River Journey in October and have no need to prioritize a revisit. I also got an evening FoP on 60+4. It's my day off from the parks with plans to see HEA in the evening. I might hop over to AK before and then back to MK for the fireworks. Because why not? Staying at the Contemporary, so ending at MK won't get me back too late.

Frozen Ever After was super easy to get around noon on 60+2. I didn't want it too early and have to backtrack to Future World. Or too late. I like to try for additional FastPasses as soon as possible. :)

We just booked our Garden Grocer order over the weekend to take advantage of their 10% off at 60+ days. Just a few perishable odds and ends and water since we aren't on the dining plan and w/o a rental car. Even though their prices have gone up they were still a little better than some other options we looked into and what we would pay onsite. WooHoo, it's getting closer and I love hearing about the FP booking experiences. We have 1 more week before out FP window opens up!

Has anyone had luck with SDD on/about 8/27 with their 60+ days? DHS is our 60+1 and we're hoping for either a morning FP for either TSMM or SDD and rope drop the other. I'm not sure how much luck we'll have getting that since we're a party of 9 and only 1 of us will be doing the booking. We're not so worried about MK (60+2) since we are doing EMM and don't have to worry about 7DMT or PP.

I got SDD at 80+2. This was this morning for August 20th. The only times available were 8:55 p.m. and later. I was originally doing HS 80+4 but I had to make my AK day later because FOP was not available at 80+2. Good thing I had a plan B so it all worked out.

I got SDD at 80+2. This was this morning for August 20th. The only times available were 8:55 p.m. and later. I was originally doing HS 80+4 but I had to make my AK day later because FOP was not available at 80+2. Good thing I had a plan B so it all worked out.
Keep checking over the next few weeks. I've seen a few 1pm ones pop up here and there.

Has anyone had luck with SDD on/about 8/27 with their 60+ days? DHS is our 60+1 and we're hoping for either a morning FP for either TSMM or SDD and rope drop the other. I'm not sure how much luck we'll have getting that since we're a party of 9 and only 1 of us will be doing the booking. We're not so worried about MK (60+2) since we are doing EMM and don't have to worry about 7DMT or PP.

If my experience is any indication, it will be much easier to get TSMM than SDD in the morning. I had TSMM on another day, so I didn't mind waiting for an afternoon SDD. Not yet sure if I'll be able to ride the Alien Saucer ride, but I'm not bothered about it. I rode Mater's in Disneyland, and while fun, I'm not planning my day around it. I'm more interested in trying for multiple rides on RnR and ToT in the morning instead. I'm sure others have the same idea, so we'll see how it goes.

Today was my FP day. I didn't have any system issues. I was able to get everything I wanted, but not all are at my ideal times. Overall, though, I'm pleased and definitely relieved to be able to cross this step off my list.

8/18 Arrival Day Tot, RnR, Alien Saucers
8/19 EMM HM, Splash, JC
8/20 Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin' Frozen Dessert Party
8/21 Typhoon Lagoon Everest (earlier than desired), Avatar FOP, Kali
8/22 Everest, Kali, Avatar FOP (later than desired)
8/23 ToT, RnR, SDD (Possible evening at MK trying for additional FP)
8/24 PotC, BTMR, SDMT MNSSHP
8/25 Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Test Track (and then we'll wing it at MK)

FP+ day is tomorrow! :scared:

I have my list but since I am on the West coast, there is really no way I am waking up before 4:00am to log on. DH is leaving on a business trip so he will be up at 5 and I'll likely get up then and start.

I have my list but since I am on the West coast, there is really no way I am waking up before 4:00am to log on. DH is leaving on a business trip so he will be up at 5 and I'll likely get up then and start.

I hastily made my HS and AK fp’s this morning. I’m going to do the rest of my park days later tonight. It’s too rushed in the morning for me. I’ll probably end up switching my HS and AK fp’s around too.

Me too! I am hoping the hotel has good WiFi. We have our global entry interview later that morning...o_O sleep is for the week, right?:P

Me too! I am hoping the hotel has good WiFi. We have our global entry interview later that morning...o_O sleep is for the week, right?:P

Global entry interview??? Is that new? We're in Victoria so the closest one is in Vancouver!

My fastpass day is tomorrow and we are also doing Hollywood studios on the 27th… I’ll let you know what it looks like

I am so stoked for my fastpass selection day tmrw. Not stressed because we have early morning magic two times during our stay and animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios are deeper into our trip. Doing 10 park days over 14 days total

FYI, Flight of Passage fastpasses just got released for the first couple days of August from 8-10pm since the hours were extended. If anybody is still wanting one, go now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!