*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Just returned from an amazing late breakfast/brunch (11:30am sitting) at 1900 Park Fare. We've done this one before and it didn't disappoint. Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger and Mary Poppins were all amazing. Alice and Mad Hatter were bantering back and forth the whole time. My daughter was Disney bounding as Mary Poppins and she got a bunch of great photos with MP at the meal. The Mad Hatter made fun of how little her MP hat was compared to his giant hat. If you are going here, take a selfie with the Mad Hatter- hilarious. Food was great too - made to order omelettes, red velvet pancakes, cold strawberry soup, POG juice:-) Now an afternoon of pool time! Tonight, Disney Springs and Wolfgang Puck Express again.

Just returned from an amazing late breakfast/brunch (11:30am sitting) at 1900 Park Fare. We've done this one before and it didn't disappoint. Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger and Mary Poppins were all amazing. Alice and Mad Hatter were bantering back and forth the whole time. My daughter was Disney bounding as Mary Poppins and she got a bunch of great photos with MP at the meal. The Mad Hatter made fun of how little her MP hat was compared to his giant hat. If you are going here, take a selfie with the Mad Hatter- hilarious. Food was great too - made to order omelettes, red velvet pancakes, cold strawberry soup, POG juice:-) Now an afternoon of pool time! Tonight, Disney Springs and Wolfgang Puck Express again.
So happy to hear this! I am doing Park Fare for the first time on the 28th and can't wait. I am bounding as Alice that day (white skirt, pale blue tank. black headband and an Alice patterned scarf/shawl). Should be fun!

So happy to hear this! I am doing Park Fare for the first time on the 28th and can't wait. I am bounding as Alice that day (white skirt, pale blue tank. black headband and an Alice patterned scarf/shawl). Should be fun!
Alice is the star of the show IMO. My kids loved the Mad Hatter, but Alice was my favourite after I saw her interact with my dad. My 75 year old father was at the breakfast with us and she sat beside him, chatted with him, teased him. He asked for a picture to show his 'buddies back home because they wouldn't believe it' lol :rotfl:. He told Alice he wished he was 50 years younger:rotfl2: She was great with him and came by a few more times to say hi to him. He was tickled pink and I think that it just goes to show that Disney is for young and old (young at heart). This is why we still do character meals even though DD's are older because we all enjoy them.

I love 1900 PF breakfast! I did it on my birthday in March, and we took all the kids and grandson for breakfast in June. Alice visited several times, and sat down by the boys (son/grandson) and chatted nonsense with them- the pics are hilarious. ANd yes a selfie with the Mad Hatter is a must! You can get a recipe card with the strawberry soup too if you want. Good thing no calorie counts on it though!

At this time tomorrow, we should be in our room at All Star Sports.

Not too much to do tomorrow. Bags are packed (except my kids' stuffies that they have to sleep with tonight). Need to pick up postcard stamps. Get some $$ out. Drop one dog at my parents (one dog goes to them, she is more maintenance: older, needs meds; the other stays home with our son). I think that's it. We are flying out of Newark, NJ and the weather looks pretty good. A break in the rain! So hopefully no delays.

My kids are bouncing off the walls! I've had a couple glasses of wine, so I will sleep fine ;)

We leave tomorrow! Flight is at 6:55a and we should touch down at 9:45a in MCO - still not packed! Both DH and I are working from home today. We will take turns going upstairs to pack us all up because the kiddos still don't know. I am starting to feel very unsettled, the downside to surprises. :scared:

Oh boy! Almost time to take off!! Hope you got packed. How did you reveal the surprise?? Have a magical time!!pixiedust:

I really had wanted to do a PTR for this trip, but here we are with 3 sleeps to go and no PTR. So, please indulge me- here's my mini-PTR!
-Confirmed room request (upper floor first choice, near an elevator second choice) with a CM yesterday (and honestly I don't care too much if only one or neither is honored- we're not in the room much)
- Stalking the weather like it's my full-time job
- Trying unsuccessfully to accomplish anything at my real full-time job (don't these people know I'm busy looking for an Ohana reservation in September?!)
- Bags are packed. I refuse to pack one more thing. If I haven't thought of it or packed it by now, Amazon Prime Now will get it to me I'm sure.
- Instacart order prepared (PLEASE let them deliver Publix Subs to me on Friday!!!!)
- DH just called to tell me he booked me a nail appointment AND is going to pick up the children and deal with dinner Thursday night (I wasn't going to go because I have to pick up 2 yo at daycare Thursday and wouldn't make it in time to not rush plus I usually just do them myself). I am so excited about this that I could almost skip WDW at this point. Almost.
-

Aww, what a great guy you have!

Alice is the star of the show IMO. My kids loved the Mad Hatter, but Alice was my favourite after I saw her interact with my dad. My 75 year old father was at the breakfast with us and she sat beside him, chatted with him, teased him. He asked for a picture to show his 'buddies back home because they wouldn't believe it' lol :rotfl:. He told Alice he wished he was 50 years younger:rotfl2: She was great with him and came by a few more times to say hi to him. He was tickled pink and I think that it just goes to show that Disney is for young and old (young at heart). This is why we still do character meals even though DD's are older because we all enjoy them.

What a great experience for your dad! They really do go out of their way to make things special at Disney! The entire experience sounds like a real hoot! We'll have to go back!

Our MK day yesterday was all over the place. Arrived at the park after 9 and there was people everywhere especially waiting for the tram. So we decided to walk to TCT. Monorail was packed kids didn't want to do the boat so we took the bus from TCT. It was great because nobody was waiting for it. Went on got seats and ride was quick. Highly recommended.

We had a Great breakfast at BOG. Then we split up for our 1st 2 FP. Met back together for some of our favorite rides and shows Philarmagic, It's a small world, Carousel of progress. Unfortunately my daughter lost her magic band on its it's a small world she was very upset as it was her black one I purchased for Christmas for her. :sad1:

We had a few drinks to cool us down I had the Peter Pan Float it was amazing. My kids all had the Dash's Super Lemonade and the CM at Cool ship gave me a free Violet’s Force Field Punch. I liked my drink best it was balanced well the Dash was a little sour.

Headed out to the car at that point as it was really hot and we all wanted to head to the room for some down time. It also felt like the park was so busy at that point wait times were up. Decided to leave the car at the resort in anticipation of everyone leaving from HEA on the Monorail & launches.

We took the bus back after relaxing for about an hour. Used the Bus Times App from the room to tell us when to get to the Bus stop we got their in perfect timing. Got back to the park with time to spare for our 7D FP. The CMs were warning that they were going to have potentially close the ride do to rain. We got through the ride fairly quickly. Came out to see all the storm clouds so headed to our dinner early at 1900 Park Fare. Food was great. So were the characters. I loved the strawberry soup. There wasn't many desserts my sons could eat due to Allergies. Some how the rolls are cross contaminated for shellfish. o_O

Anyway was almost done with dinner and my Middle son had a bit of a melt down. He wasn't feeling well and was anxious. :( He wanted to go to the fireworks so we took a family picture and then headed out. It was still raining out and basically the kids all vetoed the fireworks in favor of heading back to the room. I didn't argue because frankly I was exhausted and I will be back in the spring.:flower1: Caught an Express Bus back to AOA and relaxed for the rest of the evening..

What a day.. Today is our Epcot day my little son has been begging to hit Soarin for a few days now so he will be happy. Not too many plans for today a few rides and snacks. A Mid day pool break A Cucumber margarita for me in Mexico. :rainbow:

Last edited:
Giving a quick update for our first park day at EMH DHS.
Walked over from Dolphin about a 25 minute walk, thru security at 6:31, waited on Sunset Blvd about 5 rows back. Let in shortly after 6:45, did SDD 8 minute wait, Aliens, TSM. Then headed to RR walked straight thru to limo! Then walked straight into twilight zone preshow and then directly onto TOT.
Met Mickey and Minnie at the red carpet, did ST all by 8:30. Took a snack break and then started our FPs. Watched frozen sing along.
Ate at sci-fi for lunch now lounging by pool until we head back for the rest of our FPs dinner at 50s and Fantasmic.
So far fantastic!!

I’m sure everyone is so sick of this by now but only you guys will understand!

We leave Friday- 2 more sleeps and I can’t even think about anything else!

We are completely packed and ready for this trip to start. Still stalking the weather (and now this board for current reports) like it’s my full-time job while accomplishing nothing at my real full-time job.

You may remember I was stalking the ADRs for an Ohana breakfast in September (which would mean maybe cancelling the one for this trip and instead only taking our 2 yo in September. Which would then mean saving $100 by not taking the two older kiddos -who have already expressed how much they would rather not go to Ohana and would rather have Tonga toast for $8 at Captain Cook’s). Well, I got a 7:30 AM Ohana in September, so it looks like everyone may get what they want for BOTH trips (no “baby breakfast” as the older kids call it at Ohana, and no extra $100 expense and I can still go with 2 yo in September).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter