*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

We will check in 8/31 for our FD bounceback at CBR. Fingers crossed the gondolas are running by then, but if not it is still a beautiful resort and we are excited to return!

We will check in 8/31 for our FD bounceback at CBR. Fingers crossed the gondolas are running by then, but if not it is still a beautiful resort and we are excited to return!
Added to the list . . . do you have an end date?

Added to the list . . . do you have an end date?
We are checking out 9/7. When school calendars came out we *might* tack a day on in the beginning but too early to tell yet. Thanks for keeping the list updated Tom!

We will be going back to WDW with the awesome magical deal we do every August! Our dates will be 8/17 to 8/26 staying at The Poly most likely, 2nd choice will be Contemporary!! Count us in for following this thread, never to early to plan!

All updated. I might need to sort through that list shortly, and put it in chronological order before it gets too long to do.

Roll call has been updated, and put into chronological order. If you see any errors, let me know.

Our first time going in August and I hope I don't melt. LOL! ;)

2018 was our first August trip - the advice to take a long afternoon break was the best we got. And I took that to mean a couple hours but next trip we probably won't return to the parks until 5 or so, have dinner then enjoy the park (yes I know it is still far off but I am trying to make sure I remember the helpful hints ;) )

2018 was our first August trip - the advice to take a long afternoon break was the best we got. And I took that to mean a couple hours but next trip we probably won't return to the parks until 5 or so, have dinner then enjoy the park (yes I know it is still far off but I am trying to make sure I remember the helpful hints ;) )
We have a Google document. It is shared with everyone in our travel group. We use it for literally every bit of information there is regarding our trips. We keep track of the money we have put aside, the costs of things as we book them, reservation numbers, our daily itinerary, packing lists etc. Any "tips" we intend to make use of are added to that document. Stuff that we would need to act on before we leave home is on a page labelled "before we leave." Stuff that applies to our time in the parks is in our itinerary for the days we will be in the parks, etc.

That document is probably my number one tip. ADR's including time, and confirmation number, FP+ (this is a GREAT help when MDE has gone on vacation), shopping lists for before the trip, and for when we get there, anything that friends / family have asked us to bring home for them, anything we want to get for ourselves, or for someone else.

I have a Disney vacation google spreadsheet but I never thought to share it with the older kids and my husband - good idea!

Thanks! We’ve been in June/July and September (in addition to the winter months), and we’ve always been break-takers. I don’t think we could ever NOT take breaks, even when it’s cooler. It’s just nice to refresh, relax, and get away from all the people. And watch more Stacey. LOL!

August 2019 will be our 5th trip this time of year! Breaks in the afternoon are a must. Drink as much water as you can!! We always feel better when we keep drinking water. I also bring portable fans, lightweight and they fit in our backpacks. I got them on Amazon, very reasonable.

We always eat our larger meal midday in a sit down restaurant, this really helps as well! There is always one day a trip I question myself for traveling at this time, haha! Overall we do love this time, after all we live in cold northern Minnesota so the heat is actually welcomed most of our trip.

Early morning is also a time we get park time in. It is less crowded, less hot, and more enjoyable. We then go back later in the day around 5-6pm.

We tend to stay in the park all day, from open to close. We do drink plenty, and take advantage of long indoor attractions during the hottest part of the day. We take our time at lunch, to cool off, rest up, rehydrate, and just kind of recharge a bit. Generally, our table service meal is supper, and again, we take our time eating, and use it as an opportunity to cool down, rehydrate, and get ready for the evening.

We will likely come back in late August on a magical deal. This would be our 4th year doing so, so I have no reason to think we won't. I'm thinking Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht Club this time.

Joining in! We haven't booked yet but were thinking end of August till Labor Day, maybe 8/23-9/1. We have done Nov, Dec and July the last couple of years. We're giving August a try because our kids don't start school till after Labor Day and all of the day camps in our area our closed that week. I'm hoping to book soon. I would love to do the Beach Club but have to see what the prices are. Also considering a split stay.

I will be at Beach Club August 6-13, 4 adults! It will be my birthday.

We are considering swapping to an AoA Nemo room though.

We have our trip booked from August 6 - 13. We'll be doing a split stay between Fort Wilderness and The Swan. I'm nervous about the heat!

Joining in, please add me to the Roll Call at your convenience!

August 11-17 at the Polynesian Village Resort!

Very excited to plan with you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!