*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I am currently looking at mid August. Any idea how early they offer free dining? We have only been at the end of August and September before.

I am currently looking at mid August. Any idea how early they offer free dining? We have only been at the end of August and September before.
According to Mousesavers: https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#year2018

8/2/18-12/23/18 Free Dining for Canadian residents (blacked out 9/30-11/23, 11/28-12/6) 4/24/18, exp 7/7/18
8/2/18-12/23/18 Free Dining for Disney Visa cardholders (blacked out 9/20-11/23, 11/29-12/6) 4/24/18, exp 7/7/18
8/20/18-12/23/18 Free Dining for general public (blacked out 9/30-11/23, 11/28-12/6) 4/24/18, exp 7/7/18, 8/1/18

In the past, free dining mid August has been hit or miss. Some years we got it in mid August, some years it didn't start until somewhere around the 20th of the month. One thing to keep in mind is that free dining is not always a good deal. Free dining requires that you buy your tickets directly from Disney, it often requires the purchase of park hopper, or Memory Maker, or some other upsell, and you will be paying full rack rate for your room, plus you often wind up having to take a higher category of room, say garden view etc. There is often a room only discount offered at the same time as the Free Dining, and many times, you can get the room with the room only discount, buy your tickets at a small discount from a 3rd party ticket discounter, and pay either for the dining plan, or for dining out of pocket, for less than the free dining would have cost you.

317(316 if we add a day) until our family trip! Heading soon with my best friend for a short trip so that will have to hold me over lol

lol. I'm not that far behind you. 292 here. On the positive side, I just purchased 10 day base tickets for my wife and son prior to the price increase er um new date based pricing to make our trips easier to plan :)

Nice!!! We have a package with tickets, so I just need to not change it in order to lock in our price! We are going to upgrade them to AP's when we are down there, and those went up $50!! :sad:

I think we'll be going the last 2 weeks of Aug 2019! We'll be travelling with extended family and staying offsite (so we all fit in one house). I haven't done any planning yet because we'll be there in 50 some days with just my immediate family. Once that trip is done, I can focus on the next one! But I'm excited to see a thread going already!

The crazy hot September temps of this year really scared me off and so, for many reasons (not just the heat), we are going to be moving our trip to May. Please take me off the list. Thank you! Hope you all have magical trips and low crowds!! :flower1:

The crazy hot September temps of this year really scared me off and so, for many reasons (not just the heat), we are going to be moving our trip to May. Please take me off the list. Thank you! Hope you all have magical trips and low crowds!! :flower1:

I LOVED our May trip, would consider visiting May next time if it wasn't recital season for the girls. Have fun!

Nice!!! We have a package with tickets, so I just need to not change it in order to lock in our price! We are going to upgrade them to AP's when we are down there, and those went up $50!! :sad:

The AP's are SO worth it though. I upgraded my ticket to an AP this past August, rest of the family just used 10 day base tickets. That one AP saved us $200 in parking fees, more in merchandise discounts than I can figure out, plus the 10% off at most of our table service meals, and the Memory Maker for free. Great investment if you ask me. It has already more than paid for it's self, and I still get to use it for my August 2019 trip, and with parking being $25 a day now, I'll be saving even more!

Hope you have a GREAT trip in May!

The AP's are SO worth it though. I upgraded my ticket to an AP this past August, rest of the family just used 10 day base tickets. That one AP saved us $200 in parking fees, more in merchandise discounts than I can figure out, plus the 10% off at most of our table service meals, and the Memory Maker for free. Great investment if you ask me. It has already more than paid for it's self, and I still get to use it for my August 2019 trip, and with parking being $25 a day now, I'll be saving even more!

Hope you have a GREAT trip in May!

Oh I know! We were AP holders for several years, but not in the past 3 years or so, even though we've gone annually. However, with all of the new attractions coming between 2019 and 2020, we know we will be making multiple trips during that time period! I can't wait!

Well I just canceled our bounce back stay at CSR for the 3-11. We’ve switched to Contemporary the 6-11 for the DIS events.

Well I just canceled our bounce back stay at CSR for the 3-11. We’ve switched to Contemporary the 6-11 for the DIS events.
We were expecting to be in the area from the 4th through the 18th already, so we are looking forward to seeing the full lineup of events!

What kinds of events do they usually have?
I've never been there during one, but I recall that there is an auction to benefit Give Kids The World, there is a private party, which will be held in Pandora this year, and there are often smaller meet ups with members of the DIS at various times / locations throughout the parks. There may well be other things which I don't recall. There is a thread HERE which will have all of the pertinent details as they become available.

There is also some basic information about the event, and a link to the thread at the beginning of this thread, under the News / 20 years of Dreams event.

I don’t know how I missed this thread! We booked our bounceback at the urging of DH on our last day of our aug 2018 trip. FD at Port Orleans aug 14-24. There are six of us and ten days so kids are so looking forward to the 120 snacks...:rotfl2:
Glad you found us. Are you are Riverside, or French Quarter? There is also a companion facebook group HERE

I bet the kids will take care of those snack credits for you. I know my son would with no problem. One trip to the Churro cart, and they'd be half gone lol.

We'll be going from July 28-August 6, not sure where we're staying yet since we're doing DVC points, but I'm hoping for Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. Excited to chat with fellow planners (since my husband and kids are already so over listening to me!)!

We'll be going from July 28-August 6, not sure where we're staying yet since we're doing DVC points, but I'm hoping for Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. Excited to chat with fellow planners (since my husband and kids are already so over listening to me!)!
Welcome to the group. You have been added to the roll call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!