*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Am I the only one waiting on a magical deal for the end of August??

We're hoping to go August 18-27, but hotel (and perhaps dates) will be determined by the deal. Fingers crossed that it comes through soon!!!
I am anxious to book!

We're hoping to go August 18-27, but hotel (and perhaps dates) will be determined by the deal. Fingers crossed that it comes through soon!!!
I am anxious to book!

I’m waiting too. I have a bb booked for Pop, but I may change it.

Got my airfare today!! Jet Blue just opened up their fares through our dates today. That part is done!
Just got mine this morning, and a small change in my travel dates. We will be flying down on August 6th instead of the 4th, and returning home on August 20th instead of the 18th. Airfare was significantly less expensive those dates :)

Just got mine this morning, and a small change in my travel dates. We will be flying down on August 6th instead of the 4th, and returning home on August 20th instead of the 18th. Airfare was significantly less expensive those dates :)

Most years I end up having to change dates because of airfare. So hit or miss, BUT, our dates next year are firm, so I had to take what was offered. :confused3

Most years I end up having to change dates because of airfare. So hit or miss, BUT, our dates next year are firm, so I had to take what was offered. :confused3
The only thing about our dates that was firm was our need to be there on the 10th for the DIS Pandora Party, and our need for our last park day to be the 19th, as that is the last day that my AP is valid. As it turns out, having my last day BE the 19th, and flying home on the 20th works out very well for us price wise.

The only thing about our dates that was firm was our need to be there on the 10th for the DIS Pandora Party, and our need for our last park day to be the 19th, as that is the last day that my AP is valid. As it turns out, having my last day BE the 19th, and flying home on the 20th works out very well for us price wise.

Perfect!!! :cool1:

Sorry, I’m jumping ship. We’re going in November instead. You can take me off the roll call. Thanks!

Have a great trip, everyone!

I am anxious to book!

I’m waiting too. I check my email 100 times a day looking for the deal to pop up.

I had a minor panic attack when I saw that people had booked their flights. :scared: If I miss that window I'm in such trouble.
Luckily for me, SW hasn't opened up the end of August yet so I'm still ok. Glad others have been able to find flights that work well for them!!

I’m waiting too. I check my email 100 times a day looking for the deal to pop up.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I've been stalking the website too, because in my head it seems logical that maybe they will post it there 30 seconds before they send me an email.:laughing:

I'm also hoping at least one thing that is "rumored" to open in Fall 2019 opens early enough for us to see it- Remy, Mickey, SOMETHING!

Thinking of switching our end of Sept/Oct trip to August since we now want to do a road trip and drive. It will be mid August. For those that go in August, will my husband melt in the heat because apparently he thinks he will. We will be staying most of our vacation at Poly and doing the MK and Epcot most of the time so can go back to the room mid day if needed.

Thanks! We’ve been in June/July and September (in addition to the winter months), and we’ve always been break-takers. I don’t think we could ever NOT take breaks, even when it’s cooler. It’s just nice to refresh, relax, and get away from all the people. And watch more Stacey. LOL!
That's the problem I have if we go in the summer. We usually go later in the fall and we never take breaks. I always feel like we are missing out if we are back at the resort as if if we miss the mid day parade that we have seen over 20 times we might miss out. Our mentality is we can swim and sleep back home. I'd love to plan for rope drop mornings and back to the resort to swim, rest, shower around noon and back to the parks for 5 but I never pull the trigger. I bet it would call for a more relaxing end of the trip because we are usually numb from over doing it by the end of the trip

Thinking of switching our end of Sept/Oct trip to August since we now want to do a road trip and drive. It will be mid August. For those that go in August, will my husband melt in the heat because apparently he thinks he will. We will be staying most of our vacation at Poly and doing the MK and Epcot most of the time so can go back to the room mid day if needed.
Well, it is possible that he will sweat so much he will think he is melting. Really, though, it depends on the year. Sometimes it feels miserably hot every day, sometimes it doesn't. This past August, it cooled down so much a couple of evenings that I actually felt a bit cool, and that is not the norm for me by any means. We do August every summer, and I've managed to survive it.

That's the problem I have if we go in the summer. We usually go later in the fall and we never take breaks. I always feel like we are missing out if we are back at the resort as if if we miss the mid day parade that we have seen over 20 times we might miss out. Our mentality is we can swim and sleep back home. I'd love to plan for rope drop mornings and back to the resort to swim, rest, shower around noon and back to the parks for 5 but I never pull the trigger. I bet it would call for a more relaxing end of the trip because we are usually numb from over doing it by the end of the trip
I have tried that, and for the most part, we didn't really get any rest, or relaxation, and felt as though we had expended just as much energy as if we had stayed in the park, with little or nothing to show for it.

Now don't get me wrong, there have been days when we did the mid day break thing, and it felt right, but usually, not so much. As a result, when we go to the parks, we spend the whole day. We do try to schedule at least one non park day, and this coming summer, we will have 3 non park days.

I am anxious to book!
We always do this deal so I am also waiting to book. We will be going 8/17 to 8/27. We are hoping to stay at the Poly, it will be our 3rd time!

Aug 16th, either POFQ or BCV (waiting on AP discounts to be announced). Taking our little one for his second trip but this time with both sets of Grandparents :scared: (we went this year just the 3 of us)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter