The Official Dec Trip Report Thread

garneska

DIS Veteran
I could not wait to start this. We will actually be at Disney Nov 25 to Dec 9, looks like i get to span on two threads. It's been a while since we have been in Dec. We typically go for F & W festival. I may even decide to go to a MVMCP, will see about that one. For the record we may have to work a lot while we are there but working at Disney is better than going to work. The hope is if possible to even do half days, run then work and then hit the parks.

Who is going to be at the fort in dec?

Kris sorry we will miss you early in the month but looking forward to crossing paths in early Jan during your race week stay. We will leave here on 17 Dec and arrive at The Fort 22 Dec staying till late in Jan so we will be spanning 2 threads as well. Accompanying us ( DW Lucille and Me ) will be
The WOOKIEBEAR our big girl DSCN1438.JPG
The 2 kids SKY and KATIE Katie will be easily identifiable by the WIDE LOAD sign on her butt nowDSCN1446 (2).JPG

Katie before she needed the sign
DSCN1447 (4).JPG
We are booked in a Full hook up site. Hoping for 1800 or 1600 loops for easy access to dog walking areas. We are taking our time getting down to The FORT. With the kids needing to stop about every 2 hours to walk around and calm down plus fuel and potty breaks for us we try to keep our daily travel from 300 to 350 miles. So we will stop overnight in NC, SC and then spend 3 nights at Lazy Days outside Tampa where unless we find a new for us coach in the meantime we will do some shopping to see what they have in stock. Hopefully during our stay there I will be able to meet up with an old friend that had a major impact on my life and now lives in Clearwater Fl.

Who and when they will be there

1. GARNESKA carry over from Nov 1 to 9 Dec unknown site or type of loop
2. Beth and Pete Dec 3 x 8 loop type unknown
3. Cierese Dec 4 x 13 Tent Camping
4. Amber Williams 9 to 16 Dec loop type unknown
5. Lindsey 1 10 12 Dec again loop request unknown
6. Patricia H 1 to 22 Dec again loop request unknown
7. Ilovedisneymm 3 to 17 Dec requested full hook up site
8. Sweet Maxine 10 Dec request tent site
9. Dalir 16 to 21 Dec request preferred
10. FtW Mike 22 to 31 Dec request full hook up site hope for 1600 or 1800
11. jshulz1720 23 to 28 Dec premium site requested
12. Princess Pauline 23 to 28 Dec cabin
13. Tltay 2005 26 to 31 Dec request full hook up hope for 1700
14. amacc 27 Dec x 3 Jan loop request unknown

Last edited:

We are shooting for December 2018. DD21 (or she will be by then) is getting Married and they want to honeymoon in Disney. We will go too, but they will be staying at a resort and we will stay at the Fort. Even though it won't be RIGHT after the wedding, we are going to try for check-in around 12/27/17 (Have to be home for Christmas) and staying through the New Year. (Hopefully).

Kris looks can be deceiving Our vet determined on their first visit WookieBear and Maggie were HEATHEN HOUNDS these two are far worse A pair of SAVAGES is accurate. A month ago we went to an affair came home 5 hours later and they had played Tug of war and Eaten Lucille's slipper 2 weeks later we came home from a Rod Stewart concert and thought they tore WookieBear apart happily it was only the brown stuffing from a throw pillow But they are good with people and at begging for food and attention

We will not be there in December, but I wish we were. You will be there over my birthday- Dec 3rd- be a good friend and eat a mickey bar for me?

I just realized I will actually span three months of trip reports, end of nov, beginning of dec, and then back again in Jan for the marathon. No wonder I have no Disney for a while it all starts in November.

We will be there Dec 26 - Dec 31. I am also on the Nov thread, but it is two separate trips, I can only wish I could stay the whole time, lol. Christmas is my favorite time at the Fort, love to decorate our site and see everyone else's. No parks for us this trip as our passes will be in their black out period, so we will enjoy the Fort, Disney Springs and the resorts. We have a full hook up reserved and will request the 1700 loop.

We will not be there in December, but I wish we were. You will be there over my birthday- Dec 3rd- be a good friend and eat a mickey bar for me?
It will be a bit before we get there but I will bite the bullet and eat a second one for you on My Birthday which falls during our trip

We will be spanning 2 months as well - Dec. 27-Jan. 3. 7 nights will be the longest we have stayed at the Fort so very excited about that! No parks, just FW days.

We will be there Dec 26 - Dec 31. I am also on the Nov thread, but it is two separate trips, I can only wish I could stay the whole time, lol. Christmas is my favorite time at the Fort, love to decorate our site and see everyone else's. No parks for us this trip as our passes will be in their black out period, so we will enjoy the Fort, Disney Springs and the resorts. We have a full hook up reserved and will request the 1700 loop.
Love what you folks are planning We plan on spending a large portion of the early days of our trip following your plan and save park time for later. Pretty sure you will be able to find us in the Bark Park most mornings

We will span November and December too. Nov 28 - Dec 12. Then we will be back in January but at Wyndham Bonnet Creek with my parents.

Have a few ADR's already. Not sure yet on number ticket days yet - at least I have until September to decide. I am also looking at annual pass to Sea World since we will be back in January.

We will be there. Check in Dec 3 - Dec 17. I booked a full hook up site right after we got back from the January trip. We love the clover loops and hoping for the 1900 loop. Although we really like 1800 back by the canal too.

Never been in December, nor the Christmas party. Now I'm wondering if it is worth the extra cost. Maybe I should consider doing this with kids.

We will be there. Check in Dec 3 - Dec 17. I booked a full hook up site right after we got back from the January trip. We love the clover loops and hoping for the 1900 loop. Although we really like 1800 back by the canal too.

Never been in December, nor the Christmas party. Now I'm wondering if it is worth the extra cost. Maybe I should consider doing this with kids.
On our last trip we were in site 1811 directly in front of the canal entrance and our Maggie and WookieBear loved it Chester our special needs Orange Tabby loved it too as that was were the Turkeys crossed over every morning.
We haven't been this late in Dec either and it is to make up for last year when bucket list items ie Christmas and birthday at WDW were supposed to get crossed off only emergency repair caused us to cancel We do do MVMCP one year and enjoyed it, but I would consider doing it more like just after Thanksgiving again as crowds were lower and overall touring easier

Melissa, one thing we absolutely loved was visiting all the resorts, and looking at the displays. The grand Floridian, the Contemporary, Beach Club, Polynesian, and the Wilderness. A fun non park day. Go to the Beach club mid afternoon, then take the kids over to the Boardwalk so they can be entertained by the boardwalk street magicians. They will love it. Fun times.

@bjschil Because I have been in a so-tired-i-could-drool constant state for the past year, I haven't even thought about things like the Christmas party at Disney or touring the resorts for Christmas decorations.

I'm going to assume (without looking at a crowd calendar) that crowds are down the first two weeks and start to kick up somewhere starting on the 15th. We will be making our last park day somewhere before the 14th :)

Just checked for availability on the MVMCP, well I didn't get past the front page. I think I'll pass on the $89 extra per ticket. $400 for a special parade and cookies.....No. Besides, people are so darn pushes at parades, I don't even care to watch them anymore. I swear people get worse every year and they are breading a future generation to do the same.

What time do we have to exist the parks in the evening since we don't have the parade tickets? Is this something that goes on every night?

I prefer my fireworks from FW beach :)

My son just brought up something.....we can do the water parks though!!! They are open in December. I think everyone would enjoy that and I'm willing to pay for an upgrade on the tickets for the water park.

Just checked for availability on the MVMCP, well I didn't get past the front page. I think I'll pass on the $89 extra per ticket. $400 for a special parade and cookies.....No. Besides, people are so darn pushes at parades, I don't even care to watch them anymore. I swear people get worse every year and they are breading a future generation to do the same.

What time do we have to exist the parks in the evening since we don't have the parade tickets? Is this something that goes on every night?

My son just brought up something.....we can do the water parks though!!! They are open in December. I think everyone would enjoy that and I'm willing to pay for an upgrade on the tickets for the water park.

On the nights of a special event, the park closes at 7pm. And it only goes on select nights.

My kids 5-15 love the waterparks. We went for the first time a year ago and have been 6 times since and it has *almost* replaced the regular parks in their favorites list. It's as exciting or relaxing as you want to make it and I'm sure in December it's pretty uncrowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter