The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Thanks guys. Diverticulitis. She is in transitional care unit and the plan is that she can return home after the course of antibiotics and regaining her strength. .

Glad they got an answer. Continued prayers. When my grandfather neared that age he had a diet primarily of beer and ice cream so digestive problems weren't much of a concern.

Our daughter's blood work came back yesterday for her liver enzymes and they are still elevated but have stayed the same (slightly higher than last time but lower than the worst they've been). They seem to fluctuate in a certain area but as of now we are holding off on doing more testing (mom and dad can't mentally handle anymore testing) and bloodwork will hopefully be extended from 6 weeks to now 10 weeks. So praying these numbers don't go up when we test beginning of November. She can't get an MRI that dr wants because she has a metal plate in because she broke her femur in may so praying we won't need one! Lord please allow us to finally figure out what is causing her elevated liver enzymes and if it's just how she was born and it's not causing harm to her body please make the dr be satisfied with the fact that nothing has come back bad besides those few numbers. I pray her liver function continues to be normal.
Thank you for the continued prayer.

Prayers for wisdom and peace all around. Sometimes it is good to have an MD that won't quit until they have exhausted all options, but then they need to just accept that people are different and sometimes have different numbers.

Glad they got an answer. Continued prayers. When my grandfather neared that age he had a diet primarily of beer and ice cream so digestive problems weren't much of a concern.

Prayers for wisdom and peace all around. Sometimes it is good to have an MD that won't quit until they have exhausted all options, but then they need to just accept that people are different and sometimes have different numbers.
Yes that is exactly what her pediatrician said. Thank you for prayers

...and looking at another possible surgery. :sad2: MRI was looked at and I have "several" tears in my rotator cuff. Consult in the big city at the end of the month. Needing some wisdom on how to proceed. Heard bad things about the surgery and recovery. For those it works for it is long and painful recovery and for those that it doesn't work for they end up worse than when they started. My pain isn't unbearable most of the time, but I just have to function as a one-armed man.

...and looking at another possible surgery. :sad2: MRI was looked at and I have "several" tears in my rotator cuff. Consult in the big city at the end of the month. Needing some wisdom on how to proceed. Heard bad things about the surgery and recovery. For those it works for it is long and painful recovery and for those that it doesn't work for they end up worse than when they started. My pain isn't unbearable most of the time, but I just have to function as a one-armed man.

Prayers For Your healing

Praying

I have had a number of surgeries, and am better for having them. I have not had a rotatory cuff one but I have had a total hip and knee replacement, Shawn. Pain in my hip before was unbearable, after none. My recovery from my hip was long, but that was on me. I didn't do enough exercising like I should have, and it took 3 months to heal. When I had my knee done, I knew what to do and I exercised all the time and was good after 4 weeks. Praying that the right choice comes to you.

I know two people that have had rotocuff surgery two years ago and they are doing great and have no more pain. Praying you make the right choice for your situation.

Met with the surgeon today and she is hoping PT will get me back in shape. She said to get the biggest, meanest, strongest therapist I can. :crazy2:

Thanks for the prayers.

My 9 year old got diagnosed with a genetic disorder called alagille syndrome that effects only 10 in a million people. That why her liver enzymes have been off. They are off because she was born with missing bile ducts. This disease effects your heart, liver, kidneys, spine and eyes. Though her enzymes are up, her liver is functioning beautifully and her biopsy showed no signs of disease. The bile ducts she has are supposed to be bad with this disease but hers are perfect. She had an echocardiogram that showed a perfect heart, her kidneys are perfect, no spine issues. The only thing that showed up besides the blood work is that she shows it in her eyes. It doesn’t effect your eyes but you get a line in your retina and that just confirmed that she has the disease. They have never seen a person show no clinical signs of this disease at her age but praise God her body is perfect! I am praying and believing that it continues to function the way God intended it to. Our other daughter is a year and she is showing no signs but we will most likely get her tested when she first gets blood drawn in the next couple of years. Believing in two healthy perfect children!

My 9 year old got diagnosed with a genetic disorder called alagille syndrome that effects only 10 in a million people. That why her liver enzymes have been off. They are off because she was born with missing bile ducts. This disease effects your heart, liver, kidneys, spine and eyes. Though her enzymes are up, her liver is functioning beautifully and her biopsy showed no signs of disease. The bile ducts she has are supposed to be bad with this disease but hers are perfect. She had an echocardiogram that showed a perfect heart, her kidneys are perfect, no spine issues. The only thing that showed up besides the blood work is that she shows it in her eyes. It doesn’t effect your eyes but you get a line in your retina and that just confirmed that she has the disease. They have never seen a person show no clinical signs of this disease at her age but praise God her body is perfect! I am praying and believing that it continues to function the way God intended it to. Our other daughter is a year and she is showing no signs but we will most likely get her tested when she first gets blood drawn in the next couple of years. Believing in two healthy perfect children!

Sorry to hear about the genetic abnormality, but you have an answer and it sounds like God has his hand on her. Agreeing with you for two healthy children.

Met with the surgeon today and she is hoping PT will get me back in shape. She said to get the biggest, meanest, strongest therapist I can. :crazy2:

Thanks for the prayers.

Great News from the both of you. Will continue to pray for you.

Thanks for the prayers.

Late to see this and prays the PT goes well. I have a partial tear in my meniscus (knee) that needs surgery, but i just play through the pain. Hope the treatment plan goes well.

Prayers for both your daughters.

Got an offer on the vacation :headache: house (AKA the house we couldn't sell when I got this job). Going to counter but our counter offer will still be lower than we paid for it 16 years ago. Since then we did a total kitchen and bath remodel, new roof last year, 3 year old heat pump, several dangerous trees removed, landscaping, new carpeting. Somehow I didn't expect to be worse off at 53 than I was at 37. Prayers appreciated, but not sure for what.

Got an offer on the vacation :headache: house (AKA the house we couldn't sell when I got this job). Going to counter but our counter offer will still be lower than we paid for it 16 years ago. Since then we did a total kitchen and bath remodel, new roof last year, 3 year old heat pump, several dangerous trees removed, landscaping, new carpeting. Somehow I didn't expect to be worse off at 53 than I was at 37. Prayers appreciated, but not sure for what.
praying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!