<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

@Tatania Do you collect the cookbooks by chance? There is a new cookbook coming out Feb 2023 called The Official Disney Parks Cookbook: 101 Magical Recipes from the Delicious Disney Series. I don't know for sure, but it seems like maybe it's just a collection of previously released recipes from the other Delicious Disney cookbooks?

I am on a mission to collect every cookbook that has a recipe released directly from Disney for a dish from the parks/resorts. I've been trying to find a comprehensive list of them but haven't found anything that's been kept up to date. Just found out I'm missing A Cooking Safari with Mickey: Recipies from Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. I wonder what else I'm missing.

@Tatania Do you collect the cookbooks by chance? There is a new cookbook coming out Feb 2023 called The Official Disney Parks Cookbook: 101 Magical Recipes from the Delicious Disney Series. I don't know for sure, but it seems like maybe it's just a collection of previously released recipes from the other Delicious Disney cookbooks?

I am on a mission to collect every cookbook that has a recipe released directly from Disney for a dish from the parks/resorts. I've been trying to find a comprehensive list of them but haven't found anything that's been kept up to date. Just found out I'm missing A Cooking Safari with Mickey: Recipies from Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. I wonder what else I'm missing.
I have a lot of the cookbooks but not all of them - ie not the Cooking Safari one. The Epcot Food and Wine Festival used to publish a yearly cookbook and I have many of those - though there are always repetitions of the recipes. I have all the Delicious Disney books, including the Dessert cookbook and the latest ones - The Fresh Edition and the 50th Anniversary book. I have Kitchen Magic with Mickey; 2 different Cooking with Mickey books; plus Chef Mickey - Treasures from the Vault and New Favorites; Disney's Festival Cookbook; and my own 1644 page .doc with all the recipes I've collected from the chefs in the park (they used to be very good about handing out recipes), and online sources - and I try to make sure they're not "copy cat" recipes. For example - these 2 from the Safari Cookbook are genuine: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-this-spring-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-park/ and https://www.disneyinyourday.com/peri-peri-salmon-recipe-tusker-house/ .
The recipes keep getting more complicated so it takes too much time to transcribe them - esp. from books like Delicious Disney The Fresh Edition. I've made many of the recipes over the years and generally, the results are very good - which is why I keep using the books.

I have a lot of the cookbooks but not all of them - ie not the Cooking Safari one. The Epcot Food and Wine Festival used to publish a yearly cookbook and I have many of those - though there are always repetitions of the recipes. I have all the Delicious Disney books, including the Dessert cookbook and the latest ones - The Fresh Edition and the 50th Anniversary book. I have Kitchen Magic with Mickey; 2 different Cooking with Mickey books; plus Chef Mickey - Treasures from the Vault and New Favorites; Disney's Festival Cookbook; and my own 1644 page .doc with all the recipes I've collected from the chefs in the park (they used to be very good about handing out recipes), and online sources - and I try to make sure they're not "copy cat" recipes. For example - these 2 from the Safari Cookbook are genuine: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-this-spring-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-park/ and https://www.disneyinyourday.com/peri-peri-salmon-recipe-tusker-house/ .
The recipes keep getting more complicated so it takes too much time to transcribe them - esp. from books like Delicious Disney The Fresh Edition. I've made many of the recipes over the years and generally, the results are very good - which is why I keep using the books.

Oh interesting! I didn't know about the annual festival 1qcookbooks. Besides those it sounds like our collections are similar. All of my cookbooks are currently in storage (long story), but I also know I have the Black Spire Outpost cookbook. I agree with you in regards to the copy cat recipes. If it's not from Disney I kind of don't want it.

That .doc is very impressive. I reached out to Guest Services about the Spoon Bread we had at Garden Grill. They weren't able to get me that recipe but they did send me the Creamed Corn Spoon Bread recipe from Hollywood and Vine. Speaking of which:

Creamed Corn Spoon Bread
Hollywood & Vine
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Yield: Not provided

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
  • 3 cups Creamed Corn (heated)
  • 8 tbsp sugar
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 1.2 cups corn (frozen kernels)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
Directions:
  1. Add dry ingredients to liquid and mix together until well blended. Pour into a well greased pan (9"x13").
  2. Place into steamer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
  3. Top with heated cream corn mixture and serve.
Chef's Note: Most homes do not have a steamer - you will have to use a double boiler and still cook for 15 to 20 minutes.

Oh interesting! I didn't know about the annual festival 1qcookbooks. Besides those it sounds like our collections are similar. All of my cookbooks are currently in storage (long story), but I also know I have the Black Spire Outpost cookbook. I agree with you in regards to the copy cat recipes. If it's not from Disney I kind of don't want it.

That .doc is very impressive. I reached out to Guest Services about the Spoon Bread we had at Garden Grill. They weren't able to get me that recipe but they did send me the Creamed Corn Spoon Bread recipe from Hollywood and Vine. Speaking of which:

Creamed Corn Spoon Bread
Hollywood & Vine
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Yield: Not provided

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
  • 3 cups Creamed Corn (heated)
  • 8 tbsp sugar
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 1.2 cups corn (frozen kernels)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
Directions:
  1. Add dry ingredients to liquid and mix together until well blended. Pour into a well greased pan (9"x13").
  2. Place into steamer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
  3. Top with heated cream corn mixture and serve.
Chef's Note: Most homes do not have a steamer - you will have to use a double boiler and still cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
I forgot about the Black Spire Outpost cookbook - which I also have because a lot of those recipes aren't actually served at Hollywood Studios. Some of them look pretty strange and I haven't tried them yet. I'm debating writing again while they still have my dining reservation info and seeing if there's any other recipes I can get but I don't remember them being that outstanding and it was so hot that I ended up have mainly salads. The Creamed Corn Spoon Bread is an older recipe.
There's also this Spoon Bread from Crystal Palace.

Fire Roasted Corn Spoon Bread
Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom, WDW
6 –8 servings

1 fresh poblano pepper minced
1 yellow pepper, small, diced
1 red pepper, small, diced
1/2 red onion, small, diced
2 1/2 cups roasted or grilled corn
1/2 oz. butter
1 TB sugar
3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 TB black pepper
2 tsps. kosher salt
1 quart milk
1 quart heavy cream
4 cups corn meal
4 egg yolks
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
4 egg whites

In a pot over medium heat, sweat peppers, onions and chilies in butter. Add spices and stir to incorporate. Add milk and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Slowly whisk in corn meal. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until it thickens. Remove from heat. In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and buttermilk. Temper yolk mixture and add back to base. Completely cool corn meal mixture in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and break into small pieces. Leave at room temperature. Whip egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into corn meal mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.

Last edited:

The bartender at Sebastian's Bistro gave me the recipe for Caribbean Smuggler cocktail which was pretty good. His measurements were quite different from the version that was online posted by someone who had stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in 2017 and presumably got the recipe from the bartender as well. Give the amount of fruit juice I tasted in the drink it's probably somewhere in the middle of these 2 versions. I also had the Bespin Fizz at Oga's Cantina ($19.00) and though it was fun to have a drink that bubbled it didn't taste all that good. Kind of reminded me of cough syrup and wasn't worth it.

Caribbean Smuggler
Sebastian’s Bistro, Caribbean Beach Resort, WDW (from the bartender in 2022)

1 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1 oz. Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
1/2 oz. Cranberry Juice
1 oz. Pineapple Juice

Shake with ice and serve over ice.

Caribbean Smuggler
Sebastian’s Bistro, Caribbean Beach Resort, WDW (version from 2017).

¾ oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
½ oz. Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
4 oz. Cranberry Juice
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
A splash of lemon-lime soda.

Shake with ice, strain over ice in a hurricane glass and garnish with pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry

Attachments

• Delicious Disney - Walt Disney World.pdf
    364.7 KB · Views: 29

We have been making Le Celliers Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup for several yrs now, and kept honing the recipe until we felt we were as spot on as we could be. For a lot of those years we would buy Black Diamond white cheddar cheese and. it was always good with it. A few years passed and we found the Bus(I know, I know)had their own brand that was way less in price and just as tasty, but over the last couple times we have made it, it hasn't turned out as good. Nothing else was changed, except for the taste being a bit off from the cheese

So, Im asking, for those who make this soup, have you found any good cheese that works well with this recipe?

We considered going back to Black Diamond but its hard to find now, and beyond expensive

We have been making Le Celliers Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup for several yrs now, and kept honing the recipe until we felt we were as spot on as we could be. For a lot of those years we would buy Black Diamond white cheddar cheese and. it was always good with it. A few years passed and we found the Bus(I know, I know)had their own brand that was way less in price and just as tasty, but over the last couple times we have made it, it hasn't turned out as good. Nothing else was changed, except for the taste being a bit off from the cheese

So, Im asking, for those who make this soup, have you found any good cheese that works well with this recipe?

We considered going back to Black Diamond but its hard to find now, and beyond expensive
I've made it about 2 to 3 times, so don't have a standard cheddar I use, I do remember that the last time I made it, I picked a very good quality aged cheddar from a specialty gourmet store and the soup was very good. Any time something is a major ingredient, I think it's worth it to get as good a quality as possible, because that's what your dish is going to taste of.

Afternoon all. I'm looking for the recipe for the Peanut butter whiskey cocktail at Radiator springs. Contains PB whiskey, peanut butter syrup, Vanilla Ice cream, Almond milk, Cinnamon sugar, whipped cream and PB Drizzle. Any ideas?

Does anyone have a recipe for the marinated chicken or pork sandwiches at Kusafari in Animal kingdom?

Anyone know the recipe for Poly's pulled pork nachos. I found a copycat recipe, but it was very generic. Did not tell what kind of BBQ sauce for the pork.

Anyone know the recipe for Poly's pulled pork nachos. I found a copycat recipe, but it was very generic. Did not tell what kind of BBQ sauce for the pork.
Unfortunately none of the new cookbooks have that nachos recipe as they are mostly recycling older recipes. The latest Official Disney Cookbook - Delicious Disney: Disneyland: Recipes & Stories from The Happiest Place on Earth (2023) - has an older nacho recipe which you can maybe imrpovise on.

Nachos
Sgt. Preston's Yukon Salon, Disneyland Hotel
Serves 4

4 cups tortilla chips
1/2 cup refried beans
1 cup favorite cheese sauce
1/4 cup sliced jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish
1/2 cup favorite guacamole, for garnish
1/2 cup favorite salsa, for garnish

Preheat oven to 400°F
Spread an even layer of tortilla chips in the bottom of a 9 inch baking dish. Evenly spread refried beans and cheese sauce on top. In layers, add jalapeno peppers, black olives, diced onion and tomatoes.
Top with shredded cheeses and bake about 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven and top with scallions, serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!