The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

20201022_221327.jpg
Hi, is there a solid partition between these balconies? Can you see the neighbor? Which rooms are these?
Thanks.

Yes there is a solid partition between the two. See the picture below. Looks like that may be rooms that end in 34 and 36 based on this map. So rooms 8734 and 8736
That pic is so helpful! So you could peer around and barely say hello maybe but don't need to be worrying about people peering in your bedroom window.

Good afternoon neighbors! My 11-month booking window for Riviera opens up in about 10 days. I've been reading opinions on room views. The consensus seems to be that preferred view isn't really worth it and that a standard on a high floor is just as good or possibly better. Do you all concur? I need to make up my mind!

I'm staying in a Studio on cash through a regular Disney reservation in January - I was in a Tower, Studios but with the discount - which didn't apply to Tower Studios - my TA emailed and said for a little less she could get me into a Standard View Studio or about $100 more for the whole trip a Preferred View Studio. I personally opted for the Preferred View because I'm not getting in until about midnight, which gives plenty of time for them to take a room assigned to me and give it to someone else fussing about their view leaving me with a low-floor parking lot. (The times my rooms have been nothing close to my requests (I know, they are only requests but with earlier arrivals I've been much closer) have been when I've gotten in close to midnight - and until that room number is sent they can change it, so while I have no proof it just feels like the later arrivals risk having their assigned room given away and getting stuck with less desirable ones.) I'd rather have a so-so Preferred View if what initially gets assigned gets given to someone fussing than a crappy Standard View. Even if it's a little more. (Initial budget was a Poly Studio before that mess started, so even the $100ish more is well within my budget.)

Just returned from a long weekend at RR. We paid cash because my points are tied up in a March res at VGF. We just needed a break from work. I had a preferred studio book on cash. Upon arrival I asked the cost of upgrading to a 1 bedroom preferred. We were given 8732 with pixie dust - no charge. Great room not too far from elevators but quiet. Don't know how we will go back to studios! If anyone has any questions I will try to answer.

Just returned from a long weekend at RR. We paid cash because my points are tied up in a March res at VGF. We just needed a break from work. I had a preferred studio book on cash. Upon arrival I asked the cost of upgrading to a 1 bedroom preferred. We were given 8732 with pixie dust - no charge. Great room not too far from elevators but quiet. Don't know how we will go back to studios! If anyone has any questions I will try to answer.
OO - the 32 room location is like where I want to try the most - and a high floor! You got a primo one bedroom it seems. Pixie dust indeed - so happy for you!

Don't have a question but could your pixie dust rub off on me? Staying in a 1 bedroom in 37 days. Don't need an upgrade just would like to have a similar high floor room. :tigger:

OO - the 32 room location is like where I want to try the most - and a high floor! You got a primo one bedroom it seems. Pixie dust indeed - so happy for you!
Same here! Especially the highest floor. We can rock/paper/scissors for it if we happen to be checking in at the same time 🤣
Of course, we'll then be told by the front desk that it's taken because the lurkers on this site are attentive to these details and will have arrived earlier lol

Don't have a question but could your pixie dust rub off on me? Staying in a 1 bedroom in 37 days. Don't need an upgrade just would like to have a similar high floor room. :tigger:
Me too!!! pixiedust: Right after you in 52 days And have a one bedroom preferred view booked. I only requested a high floor. With the way things are going in this world I’ll just be happy to get there — the high floor will be a bonus! 😍

How long do you recommend allowing to Skyliner to EP now that everyone gets their own car?

How long do you recommend allowing to Skyliner to EP now that everyone gets their own car?
We actually only went to EPCOT on arrival day so it was after it had already opened (around noon) so I really don't know how long the line was. Anytime we rode this there was no line waiting. As for HS I will say we did not take the skyliner from the resort for park opening. On day 1 we ate breakfast at Ale & Compass at 7am and walked to HS arriving around 8:10. Got in the far left lane ( two lanes formed of groups) and they took that line over around 8:40 to wait for temp checks. They probably started checks at 8:45 and we went right into the parks. We went straight into MMRR and were off by 9am and the line was already long. The 2nd day at HS we walked over to the CBR skyliner station and arrived before the people that had been waiting at RR skyliner.

Epcot was easy for us to get to in September From Riviera. No wait. Loved the sky liner experience. Then we went to Hollywood studios - I got cranky. I did. We had to get off and get in a long line (about 30 minutes to change lines). We left 8 am and got to Hollywood studios by 9 - so really not that bad - just need to have the right expectations and stay calm 🙂.

Epcot was easy for us to get to in September From Riviera. No wait. Loved the sky liner experience. Then we went to Hollywood studios - I got cranky. I did. We had to get off and get in a long line (about 30 minutes to change lines). We left 8 am and got to Hollywood studios by 9 - so really not that bad - just need to have the right expectations and stay calm 🙂.
Now that people won’t have to be in the park before 10 to get BGs, I think the lines for the Skyliner to DHS for opening won’t be as bad as they have been recently.

We currently have a 1 bedroom preferred view booked. We’re a family of 4 and we’re traveling with our 17 &19 year old daughters. We were originally booked in a 1 bedroom standard view and I changed to the preferred view. Now I’m seeing a 2 bedroom standard view is available for just a few more points. Should I change to the 2 bedroom for more space (mostly the 2nd bathroom)? I’m torn. I’m really looking forward to the view but the extra space would be nice. We’re doing a split stay and moving to a 2 bedroom preferred at SSR for the 2nd half of our stay.

We currently have a 1 bedroom preferred view booked. We’re a family of 4 and we’re traveling with our 17 &19 year old daughters. We were originally booked in a 1 bedroom standard view and I changed to the preferred view. Now I’m seeing a 2 bedroom standard view is available for just a few more points. Should I change to the 2 bedroom for more space (mostly the 2nd bathroom)? I’m torn. I’m really looking forward to the view but the extra space would be nice. We’re doing a split stay and moving to a 2 bedroom preferred at SSR for the 2nd half of our stay.
Extra space is great with teenagers - Its why we are DVC, we value our personal space. But if you are only there for a couple of days and then packing up and moving I bet the girls will just live out of the suitcase.

I vote yes! I just stayed in a 1 bedroom with just me and my DD24 and we released we don’t travel just the two of us in a studio any longer, Lol

We moved to the 2 bedroom. My husband and kids voted more space over view. We bought in to DVC when the kids were little and a studio was fine. The past few years we’ve been in a 1 bedroom. We own at BLT and CC so the 2nd full bath in the 1 bedroom at BLT has been great. This will be our first time staying in a 2 bedroom. I think it will soon be time to add more points or leave the kids at home. I’m hoping this stay convinces my husband we need a RR contact!

Hello everyone! We are here now and LOVING the RIV! I was beyond estatic to try that glorious monte Cristo from Bar Riva and it seems to have completely disappeared from the menu as of yesterday! I am hoping it is a glitch! We had dinner at Topolinos and it is a gorgeous restaurant! The room is lovely. This resort might be our new favorite!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter