*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Anybody else watching too many Disney vlogs these days, or is it just me?
The last 2 nights I've been showing DH Disney stuff from YouTube on the TV. He says I have an obsession. I tell him he benefits from my obsession too! :rotfl:

So bummed...someone reported in the MNSSHP thread today that they removed parade viewing from the Hallowishes Fireworks dessert party. :sad:
It was the ONE thing I was going to surprise DH with because he loved it so much last time. I don't get how Disney can't figure this stuff out before they sell these events to people.

I am with you - made the reservation and prepaid mostly because of parade viewing. We will just cancel our reservation if they no longer include the parade viewing as well. Not worth it for the desserts.

The last 2 nights I've been showing DH Disney stuff from YouTube on the TV. He says I have an obsession. I tell him he benefits from my obsession too! :rotfl:

It was quite the turning point when my husband started willingly sitting down to watch vlogs with us. :)

Heads up, fellow Labor Day week DISers:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/ultimate-fall-magic-package/

Kick off fall in the most exciting way of all with a unique 4-day/5-night package from September 3 to 8, 2018 at select Disney Resort hotels. With this limited-time offer, you’ll delight in an itinerary full of magical must-dos and exclusive experiences just for Guests on this package. You’ll also enjoy a 5-night stay at a select Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotel and 4-day Magic Your Way theme park tickets with Park Hopper Option!
For example, starting at $149 per person, per night, a family of four—2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—can stay in a standard room at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and delight in the enchantment of this offer for a total package price of $2,980.*

Here’s a peek at the what your incredible itinerary includes:

• Tuesday, September 4, 2018: an exclusive “Welcome to Fall” dinner at Epcot inspired by the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
  • Wednesday, September 5, 2018: a nighttime Kilimanjaro Safaris tour followed by an exclusive showing of Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park after park closing
  • Thursday, September 6, 2018: two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Friday, September 7, 2018: tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom park
Book now through August 19, 2018―and get excited for a vacation packed with adventure and spook-tacular memories!

*The number of rooms allocated to this offer is limited. The number of packages available for purchase is limited. Valid theme park admission required to attend theme park events on September 4, 5 and 6 included with this offer. Theme park tickets with Park Hopper Option must be used within 14 days of first use. First use must be by December 31, 2019. Special event tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only valid on September 7, 2018.
Walt Disney Travel Company CST# 1022229-50

Kick off fall in the most exciting way of all with a unique 4-day/5-night package from September 3 to 8, 2018 at select Disney Resort hotels. With this limited-time offer, you’ll delight in an itinerary full of magical must-dos and exclusive experiences just for Guests on this package. You’ll also enjoy a 5-night stay at a select Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotel and 4-day Magic Your Way theme park tickets with Park Hopper Option!
For example, starting at $149 per person, per night, a family of four—2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—can stay in a standard room at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and delight in the enchantment of this offer for a total package price of $2,980.*

• Tuesday, September 4, 2018: an exclusive “Welcome to Fall” dinner at Epcot inspired by the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
  • Wednesday, September 5, 2018: a nighttime Kilimanjaro Safaris tour followed by an exclusive showing of Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park after park closing
  • Thursday, September 6, 2018: two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Friday, September 7, 2018: tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom park
Book now through August 19, 2018―and get excited for a vacation packed with adventure and spook-tacular memories!

*The number of rooms allocated to this offer is limited. The number of packages available for purchase is limited. Valid theme park admission required to attend theme park events on September 4, 5 and 6 included with this offer. Theme park tickets with Park Hopper Option must be used within 14 days of first use. First use must be by December 31, 2019. Special event tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party only valid on September 7, 2018.

My exact dates are 9/4-9/8. I was looking forward to the decreased crowds but maybe not so much anymore. :sad: Hopefully I don't have any issues getting my HS FPs as Thursday is my planned HS night. Thanks for posting!

I just called and booked this deal. I had already booked 9/4-8 so it just added one extra day for us. FYI, there are no value resorts included in this offer, only moderates and deluxes that are low on reservations. And the ONLY dates are 9/3-8! We were originally booked at ASMu, but now we are at Carribean Beach, which I'm sure they are having a hard time filling because of construction. My daughter has never stayed there and I haven't stayed there in 26 years! We really prefer the value resorts for pricing, quick buses, and the big Disney theming. I just retired from teaching and thought I would splurge a little when I saw this package. We have APs, but the CM I talked to said that we can have the 4-day park hoppers applied to our AP renewal, or just save them for another trip next year. There are also 2 seatings for the "Welcome to Fall" dinner at Epcot.

So add us to the roll call for September! j2thomason + daughter at CBR

I just called and booked this deal. I had already booked 9/4-8 so it just added one extra day for us. FYI, there are no value resorts included in this offer, only moderates and deluxes that are low on reservations. And the ONLY dates are 9/3-8! We were originally booked at ASMu, but now we are at Carribean Beach, which I'm sure they are having a hard time filling because of construction. My daughter has never stayed there and I haven't stayed there in 26 years! We really prefer the value resorts for pricing, quick buses, and the big Disney theming. I just retired from teaching and thought I would splurge a little when I saw this package. We have APs, but the CM I talked to said that we can have the 4-day park hoppers applied to our AP renewal, or just save them for another trip next year. There are also 2 seatings for the "Welcome to Fall" dinner at Epcot.

So add us to the roll call for September! j2thomason + daughter at CBR
We stayed at CBR in 2015 (so before construction started) but we LOVED it. It's one of my favorite resorts. I wish I could book the new deal and stay there, since it's a great deal but I'm not giving up my free dining week stay bounceback at Pop lol.

Offer sounds fantastic; however, I feel the same as ^^^. I’m not willing to give up FD. I woke up way too early to snag my reservation and my family enjoys food entirely too much..., although the additions to the package are very attractive!

Last edited:
A poster in the Toy Story Land thread called and got some details. The TSL event is 9/6 from 10pm-midnight.
The 6th is our arrival day. After driving all night, we will be ready for bed pretty early. Our plans are arrive at 12:00, Chef Mickey's at 1:00 the HS. We already have our FP+ for SDD, AS2, TSMM, RnR, ToT and ST. We have an 8:30 ADR for Sci-Fi. It will be so cool to see TSL at night but we have to wait till Saturday the 15th for that. We booked our FP+ for TSL rides starting at 6:00 on the 15th.

Edit: My post was pointless lol. Just read, the TSL from 10pm-12am is only for the people purchasing the special package. Now I want to go to it lol

Last edited:
The 6th is our arrival day. After driving all night, we will be ready for bed pretty early. Our plans are arrive at 12:00, Chef Mickey's at 1:00 the HS. We already have our FP+ for SDD, AS2, TSMM, RnR, ToT and ST. We have an 8:30 ADR for Sci-Fi. It will be so cool to see TSL at night but we have to wait till Saturday the 15th for that. We booked our FP+ for TSL rides starting at 6:00 on the 15th.

Edit: My post was pointless lol. Just read, the TSL from 10pm-12am is only for the people purchasing the special package. Now I want to go to it lol

Saturday the 15th is my HS day as well!! I had originally chosen that day in hopes of seeing Club Villain, but obviously that never came to fruition.

Can’t wait to see TSL at night tho :)

Anyone having trouble modifying dining reservations for September? The option is available to change/cxl reservation; however, once I select change reservation I get Stitch every single time, grrrr!

Last edited:
81 days now.. 3 weeks until I can look at Fast passes.. and about 2 months until we tell the kids.

Anyone else nervous about getting FOP fp when your 60 days open? Like I am not worried about getting anything else, but the last couple times I try just looking 60 days out like today I did it and couldn't get anything (for July)

Double worried - my internet connection will be sketchy on FP day. Likely using a mid cellular connection.

Are u looking @ touring plans?

I have a subscription. Do they book FP for you? I have been planning for months. We had ADRs, Golf tee times, Spa reservations, HDDR, MNSSHP & Getaway Glen all in place. My park plans are set. Crossing fingers the site is up on the 60 day mark. Trip is longer than 10 days so I get two more bites of the apple.

I am with you - made the reservation and prepaid mostly because of parade viewing. We will just cancel our reservation if they no longer include the parade viewing as well. Not worth it for the desserts.

I also made the reservation for the HalloWishes Dessert Party because of the parade viewing. I received a voicemail from Disney today stating they were going to honor the parade viewing since I booked the reservation prior to them taking it off the website. I have to say, Thank you Disney! I would have cancelled if not. Last year we went and I couldn't even get close to the parade because I was checking in to the desert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!