*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

See, I envisioned room service at The Grand to be push carts full of cloched meals and a glass of champagne with every plate.

Brown bags sound so... Pop Century! 😅
I know ! However we were just happy to get hot food, fresh coffee without leaving the room.

I could have ordered champagne but it was our Epcot day and I knew I was heading for the tropical mimosa right away😂

Two weeks until our very first stay as members! Truthfully, I haven't really been able to get excited with all the unknowns but with just two weeks to go I'm feeling like I can/should actually finalize our plans.

Is there anything you would tell a first timer to pack or prepare for? We are used to the hotel side of the resorts but have never stayed in a DVC room so I know there are probably things we will need that I'm forgetting about.

I am putting together a Garden Grocer order for some snacks and essentials. I read it would be a good idea to have our own coffee filters and coffee as we are big coffee people. Anything else that would be useful?

Would love any of your best newbie tips, tricks or advice. This is a very different trip than we imagined when we purchased last year but looking forward to getting away and getting a little Disney magic back into our lives.

Two weeks until our very first stay as members! Truthfully, I haven't really been able to get excited with all the unknowns but with just two weeks to go I'm feeling like I can/should actually finalize our plans.

Is there anything you would tell a first timer to pack or prepare for? We are used to the hotel side of the resorts but have never stayed in a DVC room so I know there are probably things we will need that I'm forgetting about.

I am putting together a Garden Grocer order for some snacks and essentials. I read it would be a good idea to have our own coffee filters and coffee as we are big coffee people. Anything else that would be useful?

Would love any of your best newbie tips, tricks or advice. This is a very different trip than we imagined when we purchased last year but looking forward to getting away and getting a little Disney magic back into our lives.

The real big difference between GFL and VGF is the ability to cook in your room. All DVC studios have a mini-fridge, a toaster, coffee maker and a microwave in your room, so making breakfast isn't that difficult. There might be a very small freezer section in the mini-fridge, but it won't hold much more than like 2 Mickey Bars, at best. But stuff you can zap in the nuker can be very useful for making breakfast in the morning while everyone is getting ready. Some of those "Add an egg" breakfasts can be quick and filling, oatmeal, soups, Pop Tarts. You can zap bacon, but MAN it stinks up the room!

1BR, 2BR and Grand Villas all have a full kitchen, so making food is easy!

Also, something people don't realize about studios vs a standard hotel room: The DVC studios only have one bed, but have a pull-out sofa. The hotel rooms have 2 beds. The first room type with two actual beds is a 2BR Lock Off.

All Villas have at least two showers, which helps a lot with getting ready in the morning!

Housekeeping is also a lot different. It's not an everyday thing. They will come in every day to do some VERY light touchups, like maybe taking out the trash, maybe. Day 4 will be towel service, Day 8 will be a full cleaning (at least pre-COVID). They will do the daily checkups, but don't expect much more than that.

I think that's a good start for a DVC newbie. I haven't stayed at VGF (yet), but I've stayed at OKW and PolyV, so these are the things that are similar between those two Villas, and are probably the same across all the DVC properties.

Nice job on the Board! Please add us as owners since 2015. Love everything about the resort. Although it is really sad to see that the Orchestra wont be there. They were so much a part of this resort, I truly hope to see them playing there again. Never second guessed my VGF purchase and really looking forward to the walkway! This is such a great resort!

Nice job on the Board! Please add us as owners since 2015. Love everything about the resort. Although it is really sad to see that the Orchestra wont be there. They were so much a part of this resort, I truly hope to see them playing there again. Never second guessed my VGF purchase and really looking forward to the walkway! This is such a great resort!

:welcome: Happy you found us! I completely agree with you on every point!! So excited for the walkway! I’m hoping sooner than later!! I added you to Page 1!!

Found you! Not official yet - early stages of ROFR but super excited to add our 3rd Home resort. For those that have multiple home resorts- what is it about VGF that sets it apart (or unique) to you? Do you favor a certain time of year? Do you always stay in same room category? Do your room request typically come
through?

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find out room numbers of dedicated 2 BR - Standard view? I'd like to request a room but not having luck with Google figuring out which dedicated 2br rooms there are. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter