The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am currently planning the following trips for Disney:
  • January - Universal Studios Orlando and a few days at Walt Disney World (already completed)
  • April - end of Food & Wine and beginning of Pixar Fest at Disneyland Resort
  • October - Disneyland Resort for Halloween stuff and birthday celebration
  • November - D23 Destination D at Walt Disney World
  • End of November through early December - ABD Southern California: Disney Backstage, Hollywood and Disneyland. Plan to also go to Universal Hollywood.
With the exception of the January and ABD trips, the others are more solo trips. But have some DIS friends to hang out with at my other Disneyland trips.

Disneyland def looks awesome. I am thinking about planning by first trip there for 2019. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Disneyland def looks awesome. I am thinking about planning by first trip there for 2019. It looks absolutely beautiful.

I agree that Disneyland is beautiful. It definitely has a more intimate feel than WDW. I like the fact that you can walk between parks and walk back to your hotel. While WDW is more of my "home" park, I am really starting to enjoy Disneyland a little more.

Hello everyone. First post here in this section of the DISboards. Have been lurking for a while

I have been going to Disney with family since I was 18 months old. I met my Disney skeptical husband in 2007. It took me until 2011 to get him to agree to a short trip to WDW, and now he might be a bigger fan than I am. Fast forward to today and we have two DVC contracts (working on a third), are pass holders and make at least 2 trips a year to the world. I think I created a monster, but in a good way. We were there in January for MLK weekend and the highlight of the trip was the DH getting to meet his favorite character, Dale. I wish I had videoed the entire interaction, but Chip was less than happy that Dale was getting all the attention. Disney is an escape from our daily lives where we get to go be a big kid for a few days. We love everything about it and I can't imagine that we'll stop going any time soon.

Hey guys, i thought id come introduce myself here.

My name is Simon, I’m 28 from Manchester UK. My first Disney holiday as an adult will be September 29-13th October. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we have two nights of MNSSHP booked and are going to book 2 nights are HHN Universal. I am a gamer bear, I like to crochet, I collect Ufufy (I have all the UK released ones). Im currently running through all the Disney movies I havent seen for a while.

Hey guys, i thought id come introduce myself here.

My name is Simon, I’m 28 from Manchester UK. My first Disney holiday as an adult will be September 29-13th October. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we have two nights of MNSSHP booked and are going to book 2 nights are HHN Universal. I am a gamer bear, I like to crochet, I collect Ufufy (I have all the UK released ones). Im currently running through all the Disney movies I havent seen for a while.

AKL is the best - you're going to love a nice long stay there. Welcome to the rainbow lounge!

Hi everyone! I think I introduced myself last year, but I don't remember. I'm a married lesbian in my mid 30s. My wife isn't really into Disney, besides watching the movies with me occasionally. I went to WDW as a kid when I lived in Florida, but my first real trip was last year with another lesbian friend and her family. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and also did a cruise on the Dream. This summer, we're doing a European cruise on the Magic- once again, with my friend and her family. My wife is little interest and that's fine- I think it's important to have separate interests and lives too! :) We've been married a year and together almost 14, so it's nice to spend time apart occasionally.

I thought I’d just vent here since I don’t really have anywhere else to place this but I don’t have any gay friends...it’s actually very weird and at the same time makes total sense to me.

When I was on my most recent crusie I met a plethora of hay couples ranging in different age ranges and backgrounds. They were all lovely people, but they don’t same the share values I have... I guess it’s hard to have an old school mentality while still relatively young.

However, I would say 9/10 of the couples I met were into open relationships, having sex with people as long s the other doesn’t know, and one actually having his “love buddy” accompany him with his husband. It was weird, but at the same time a familiar trend I see...

I get it as guys we are hard wired for intimacy and lusting for it. I just believe in kind of old school values where you meet one person, and ride the wave of life with them and only them. Is this a gay exclusive problem? No, hardly. It just, to me, seems more exposed and unshameful I got several shocked expressions when I told people I don’t “side play”.

Again I judge everyone as individuals, but can look at the faults in my community as well. I’m not blanket statement a group or community I’m just venting my personal experiences.

Again maybe it’s a problem with me? Could being closeted so long alienated me from the culture of the gay community? I’m not sure I guess I’ll have more stories as I tip my foot into the pool again hopefully with a more positive outlook.

Again thanks for a venue to vent and share

I just wanted to introduce myself into the LGBT area. Im Sean Faulk and Im on the DIS podcasts and am now a Travel Agent with Dreams. I have lurked on the boards since I started working here, but am taking a more talkative role on the boards now. As a younger gay guy, Im really enjoying reading and seeing what makes Disney special and important to LGBT people.

How has everyone been lately? I've been hiding in my corner, studying my face off. I missed chatting on the boards, soo...hi again!

Hi all! Planning a whirlwind trip to Shanghai Disney/Hong Kong Disney for November (2 days in Shanghai, 1 in HK) with my boyfriend who likes to travel but is pretty lukewarm on Disney. Has anyone ever been to either? Any tips would be appreciated!

It's been pretty quiet here lately. A shame it didn't take off like it could have. I'll be returning to the world in September.

I thought I’d just vent here since I don’t really have anywhere else to place this but I don’t have any gay friends...it’s actually very weird and at the same time makes total sense to me.

When I was on my most recent crusie I met a plethora of hay couples ranging in different age ranges and backgrounds. They were all lovely people, but they don’t same the share values I have... I guess it’s hard to have an old school mentality while still relatively young.

However, I would say 9/10 of the couples I met were into open relationships, having sex with people as long s the other doesn’t know, and one actually having his “love buddy” accompany him with his husband. It was weird, but at the same time a familiar trend I see...

I get it as guys we are hard wired for intimacy and lusting for it. I just believe in kind of old school values where you meet one person, and ride the wave of life with them and only them. Is this a gay exclusive problem? No, hardly. It just, to me, seems more exposed and unshameful I got several shocked expressions when I told people I don’t “side play”.

Again I judge everyone as individuals, but can look at the faults in my community as well. I’m not blanket statement a group or community I’m just venting my personal experiences.

Again maybe it’s a problem with me? Could being closeted so long alienated me from the culture of the gay community? I’m not sure I guess I’ll have more stories as I tip my foot into the pool again hopefully with a more positive outlook.

Again thanks for a venue to vent and share

Thanks for sharing. I think a lot of us are in the same boat as you. I have a couple of gay friends and it's great one on one but on the few times I attend a gay event, I feel like a fish out of water.

Last edited:
I’m Kelvin, 27, from Southampton UK. Went to WDW for the first time last November for 2 weeks with the ‘was’ fiancé...he left me so I now have no one to go Disney holidays with
Had the most AMAZING time ever there! Went to MVMCP on our last night. It was magical!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!