The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is any positive out of this, hopefully they can kinda get the center part of EPCOT done while things are closed or at least make it seem like less of a mess.

There are attractions and things to occupy people. Even just in the Land pavilion there is a lot to do and a lot of things in good shape - heck, if crowds are down maybe they just keep that side of Future World open and let them finish Guardians and Space 220 and stuff, while not taxing Test Track which always has issues
Weren't there reports about most construction work halting as well to protect the workers? Maybe they could get a 1-2 week head start if they have subcontractors with smaller groups of workers but its not safe to flood the site with workers either.

Weren't there reports about most construction work halting as well to protect the workers? Maybe they could get a 1-2 week head start if they have subcontractors with smaller groups of workers but its not safe to flood the site with workers either.

yeah, definitely halted for now ... just thinking that can start up sooner than they would be able to welcome guests

Disney is already cutting things to save money. They aren’t going to leave a theme park empty that could bring in money.

Like I said then you have either redo your tickets or discount them which tickets is something disney rarely discounts. They would have to get rid of and/or refund people who bought the four day magic tickets too. Those give you one entry to each park. It’s a messy thing if they were to do such. I guarantee you it would hurt the Epcot resorts too. DVC members and cash guests stay in those rooms many times specifically for Epcot. Keeping it closed is a slippery slope I don’t think disney wants to deal with.

I just don't agree with this and I guess that's fine. Let's say for a crazy example, there are only 100 people willing to visit Disney the first week they are open after all of this. If all 4 parks are open, 25 people visit each park and they have to pay the operating costs to keep all 4 parks open. If 3 parks are open, 33 people visit each park and they save an entire parks operating costs. Those 100 people are still going to eat and purchase merchandise, it just may be in the different parks. Obviously this is an oversimplified example. You really only lose the people that were going there specifically to visit Epcot alone. 98% of those visiting would just go to other parks the day they had planned on going to Epcot.

And the 4 park ticket thing is really simple. They make the 4th day good for any of the 3 other parks.

People are going to understand that coming off this pandemic all businesses need to react and recover in different ways.

I might go as far to say that if Disney reopens all 4 parks at the same time, with the limited travel and financial budgets the average families around the world would now have, it would be a colossal mistake.

I just don't agree with this and I guess that's fine. Let's say for a crazy example, there are only 100 people willing to visit Disney the first week they are open after all of this. If all 4 parks are open, 25 people visit each park and they have to pay the operating costs to keep all 4 parks open. If 3 parks are open, 33 people visit each park and they save an entire parks operating costs. Those 100 people are still going to eat and purchase merchandise, it just may be in the different parks. Obviously this is an oversimplified example. You really only lose the people that were going there specifically to visit Epcot alone. 98% of those visiting would just go to other parks the day they had planned on going to Epcot.

And the 4 park ticket thing is really simple. They make the 4th day good for any of the 3 other parks.

People are going to understand that coming off this pandemic all businesses need to react and recover in different ways.

I might go as far to say that if Disney reopens all 4 parks at the same time, with the limited travel and financial budgets the average families around the world would now have, it would be a colossal mistake.
Disney might as well just keep all 4 parks closed if only 100 people are going to show up. Yes I know its just an example but when they reopen more than 100 people are going to show up.

I said this earlier and I will say it again. I will eat my words if Disney opens only 2-3 parks when this is all over but I just simply can't see it happening. Magic Kingdom of course is the most popular park so that would likely be a given to open. Epcot while under major construction gets lots of money from food and beverage. Just having world showcase open would be advantageous. Like I said before also with this, you have DVC and deluxe resorts with an exclusive benefit to Epcot. You also have the brand new skyliner which operates to Epcot for the brand new Riviera resort. Hollywood Studios has the most anticipated and largest land expansion is WDW history with SWGE. You think they would want to keep that closed after spending $1 billion on it? And Animal Kingdom probably has some of the highest costs to operate due to animal care.

What I do expect is limited hours of operation whether if be the parks or individual attractions, I expect more entertainment cuts, I expect other operations to change as well. This is much more likely.

Disney might as well just keep all 4 parks closed if only 100 people are going to show up. Yes I know its just an example but when they reopen more than 100 people are going to show up.

I said this earlier and I will say it again. I will eat my words if Disney opens only 2-3 parks when this is all over but I just simply can't see it happening. Magic Kingdom of course is the most popular park so that would likely be a given to open. Epcot while under major construction gets lots of money from food and beverage. Just having world showcase open would be advantageous. Like I said before also with this, you have DVC and deluxe resorts with an exclusive benefit to Epcot. You also have the brand new skyliner which operates to Epcot for the brand new Riviera resort. Hollywood Studios has the most anticipated and largest land expansion is WDW history with SWGE. You think they would want to keep that closed after spending $1 billion on it? And Animal Kingdom probably has some of the highest costs to operate due to animal care.

What I do expect is limited hours of operation whether if be the parks or individual attractions, I expect more entertainment cuts, I expect other operations to change as well. This is much more likely.

I suspect this is what will happen - open like usually but with reduced hours (so, like how it has been for the most part).

But there is like 10% of me that thinks this is just unchartted waters and anything is on the table and if they think it is more cost effective to delay brining back the cultural representatives and just let EPCOT be a construction zone for 6 months and only open the other 3 parks, I don't think it is impossible. I think just about everything will be on the table

I suspect this is what will happen - open like usually but with reduced hours (so, like how it has been for the most part).

But there is like 10% of me that thinks this is just unchartted waters and anything is on the table and if they think it is more cost effective to delay brining back the cultural representatives and just let EPCOT be a construction zone for 6 months and only open the other 3 parks, I don't think it is impossible. I think just about everything will be on the table
I’m sure everything is on the table but that doesn’t mean it’s the option they will go with,

Rumor flying around about a new attraction coming to Stitch site in Tomorrow land in MK - WiR updated(budget cut...) idea. Some insiders are not discounting it, but not really saying its happening either. I find it hard to believe we would get any new added scope with the way the economy is looking

Rumor flying around about a new attraction coming to Stitch site in Tomorrow land in MK - WiR updated(budget cut...) idea. Some insiders are not discounting it, but not really saying its happening either. I find it hard to believe we would get any new added scope with the way the economy is looking
Yeah I would be surprised to see things green lit at a time like this. Permits of course could be started ahead of this but I don't see any work starting on this anytime soon if its happening.

Yeah I would be surprised to see things green lit at a time like this. Permits of course could be started ahead of this but I don't see any work starting on this anytime soon if its happening.

yeah, saw some of this too. Wonder if they might see this as a "quick/cheap" change to make and do this instead of something larger? All the info / rumors seem to indicate it would leverage the same set up so might be a pretty inexpensive change to make and get some "bang for the buck"

i wonder if meets cost less then attraction construction in that case gut it out and make a tomorrowland equivalent of fairytale hall/town square theater

I remain skeptical of the source, but this is significant if true.
I know I said I wouldn't be posting anything during the pandemic, but I received some information about the severity of cuts coming for projects at WDW. I thought I'd make a brief post about that, although there are much more important issues in the world today. I likely won't be checking in often for conversation, but I may reply from time to time.

What's Likely to Be Completed:
  • Tron Coaster
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster
  • Cinderella Castle Retheme
  • Ratatouille
  • Space 220
What's Likely to Be Delayed:
  • Innoventions Demo
  • MFSR Update
  • Harmonious
What's Currenty Being Looked at for Abandonment:
  • Mary Poppins Expansion
  • Moana Expansion
  • Unannounced Journey Into Imagination Upgrade
  • Star Wars Hotel
  • Galaxy's Edge Expansions / Upgrades
  • Spaceship Earth Refurb
  • Wonders of Life Pavilion Retheme
  • Coco Attraction
  • Reflections Lakeside Lodge
  • Every other potential addition not listed here
Furthermore, Disney is currently working on a plan for what re-opening WDW looks like. Every week it is shut down, it becomes more difficult to reopen. In the best case scenario where WDW can be reopened in May, while still taking massive precautions during a global pandemic, this is the general outline:

Magic Kingdom reopens with 50% capacity. No parades, no fireworks, no indoor theaters, significant number of rides down.
Epcot not currently planned to reopen with the other parks.
DHS reopens with 40% capacity. No parades, no indoor theaters.
Animal Kingdom reopens with 50% capacity. No indoor theaters.
No plans to reopen Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon in the near term.
All ride vehicles would require mandatory wipe down once in station.
No character meets.
Distancing encouraged.
And Martin’s response when asked if he’s heard any of this:
The bones, yes. But to be honest I’ve been a little preoccupied as have people I know to check myself.

Half opening probably loses them a lot less money than staying closed. Wonder how they’d manage crowds though.

If it has to happen like that, then that's what it is.

I'm most disappointed - weirdly enough - about the Moana water feature, it sounded beautiful.

Frankly, rather happy to see Spaceship Earth may still be there May 2021!!!

I’d be skeptical on the Star Wars hotel. Maybe they change the concept but the infrastructure and building it there much like tron or guardians.
Scaling back wouldn’t be a surprise at all. I imagine they’d cut the entertainment aspects of it first, leaving the hotel operational as a more standard themed hotel before cutting it entirely.

Half opening probably loses them a lot less money than staying closed. Wonder how they’d manage crowds though.
I actually think the opposite. People lost their ever loving minds when they walled up The Castle in DLand CA last year. I know hundreds of people who cancelled all because the castle was covered.
I know people who cancelled for May because of the Big Thunder Refurb!
I think there will be a lot of people who would be super unhappy with this outcome and would cancel or reschedule just the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter