The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still to see Brave but I'd rather have the IP there rather than more Alice in Wonderland or sword and the stone. I'd still rather have Mary Poppins though, more staying power of an IP
I am no insider, nor an expert.

But one wonders, as hard as it was for Walt to get rights to first movie, and the amount of time it took to get family agreed to this second movie. I really wonder how much reality is there for a ride to happen? No idea of what rights WDW has on the ability to create rides from IP, but to me it may be a bit much to assume they can just go and create some type of ride just because of the movie. I may be reading waaayyyy to much into it, but considering how long it has taken to get the second movie, my gut says a ride wasn't really happening. Yes, they thought about it, but not thinking it was ever close to being a real ride.

that being said, I love the idea of another under used IP in Brave being used. I would have much preferred Sword in the stone. I also wonder, IF Scotland does separate from UK, what that might imply as well

It seems that Dis has given some thought to how many more guests will be entering via IGW once the gondola is running. New rides immediately upon entry, to appease the masses, with one to the left and one to the right to keep from everyone going the same way around the showcase.

I am no insider, nor an expert.

But one wonders, as hard as it was for Walt to get rights to first movie, and the amount of time it took to get family agreed to this second movie. I really wonder how much reality is there for a ride to happen? No idea of what rights WDW has on the ability to create rides from IP, but to me it may be a bit much to assume they can just go and create some type of ride just because of the movie. I may be reading waaayyyy to much into it, but considering how long it has taken to get the second movie, my gut says a ride wasn't really happening. Yes, they thought about it, but not thinking it was ever close to being a real ride.

that being said, I love the idea of another under used IP in Brave being used. I would have much preferred Sword in the stone. I also wonder, IF Scotland does separate from UK, what that might imply as well

that's a fair point ... and I am sure that at a minimum when they are deciding which option to go with the potential for, let's say, legal challenges would be a negative strike against that choice

I'm wondering if we'll hear any confirmation of the U.K. ride as EPCOT's 35 year anniversary is quickly approaching.

I am hoping we get some more information about Epcot in October. Even better concept art of Future World/whatever it will be called.

On Brave at UK. A very touchy political subject nowadays. Disney shouldn’t risk getting involved with international/regional politics.

While the UK is leaving Europe, I think the desire for Scotland to also go independant is pretty much faded but I do agree, Disney should be mindful

WDWMagic.com user WDWtraveler reported that the new Grand Ave area will open on September 29th. I'm not sure how reliable this user is so I decided to put this in rumor thread.

WDWMagic.com user WDWtraveler reported that the new Grand Ave area will open on September 29th. I'm not sure how reliable this user is so I decided to put this in rumor thread.
The area is supposed to open by the end of the month so it makes sense.

From what I've heard there's a cast preview on the 29th and 30th I believe so my guess would be the following week as that is what they did with Flying Fish if I remember correctly

Nobody is leaving Europe, they're leaving the European Union. The UK will still be in Europe.

Before Brexit, Scotland voted to remain in the UK. Post-Brexit there's been talk of Scotland wanting to leave the UK again, since the main reason they voted to stay was to remain in the EU (there was no guarantee if they voted for independence that they would've been able to be in the EU).

I've heard from an inside source that the intension is to replace Dinosaur with Indy. They told me that when Dinosaur went down, the track had been restructured a little bit that could reroute the ride into a new building that is to be built behind the current one. Supposedly they want to work on part of Indy while Dinosaur is still operating and then close once they need to connect and retheme the already existing building

I've heard from an inside source that the intension is to replace Dinosaur with Indy. They told me that when Dinosaur went down, the track had been restructured a little bit that could reroute the ride into a new building that is to be built behind the current one. Supposedly they want to work on part of Indy while Dinosaur is still operating and then close once they need to connect and retheme the already existing building

Interesting - doesn't seem to be much room behind it unless they want to go messing with the retention ponds. Just for fun I tried to measure the two show buildings and if anything the Dinosaur one seems a bit bigger

Maybe not all the area inside Dinosaur is being used so they can work with that or something - sort of like you would reroute a highway while you work on parts of it and then change which parts you reroute?

Dinosaur vs Indy show building.jpg

That doesn’t make much sense. The ride track layout is almost the same as Indy right now. The only thing they would really need to do is retheme it.

I was confused myself when I heard this because of the retention pond, but apparently they would be relocating the pond and fill in the current one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter