The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

I did catch a small nap on the plane, enough that I was able function at a low level when we landed. I left Fran with the luggage curbside at the terminal while I took the shuttle to the rental car depot. It took forever, and this is THE LAST time I use Budget, ever. But soon I was on my way back to the terminal with a Mitsubishi Outlander. I had to You Tube the process for making the seats flat, but finally after great difficulty we were loaded up and on our way to the hotel. We did grab a hot dog and cheeseburger from a Sonic Drive through on our way since it had been a long time since the pepperoni pizza we got for breakfast at LAX.

Love how we can just youtube any instructions nowadays. Which makes me wonder how I ever survived without it because I hate reading instructions for anything!

q18LGBA052403.jpeg

Nice room! It looked so big!

Yum, your BBQ pictures make everything look so good! I'm ok with BBQ, but I guess I haven't had Kansas City BBQ which is probably something I should do to appreciate BBQ!

The prices here for breakfast weren't all that bad. However for every other meal it was crazy. And the next day, my Americano was actually Six bucks!

Yikes! That's more than like, NYC!

q18LGBA052407.jpg

And a Kansas City Strip. It totally hit the spot, just enough to get us through rehearsal, but not enough to make us sluggish.

q18LGBA052408.jpg

Yum looks delicious for hotel food!

This was the morning that I spent $6 on a cup of coffee at the hotel restaurant. Little did I know that they had a full coffee set up in the delegates room. Lesson learned.

Argh.

In case you’re wondering about the “old fart” ribbon, this was sort of a backlash to the ribbons that they give out reading, “First Timer”. One guy thought it would be funny to recognize people who have attended like 10 or more of these events. Hence the “Old Fart”.

Haha this is really funny!

Wow impressive hall! Love the rainbow!

Back at the hotel, I was starving and had researched places that were open late (between 1-3AM). But no one wanted to go out with me, either too tired, not hungry, or both. So I ordered a cup of onion soup from room service and a side of potatoes gratin. I let my ribs and brisket leftovers come to room temp (no microwave in the room) while I waited for the order to arrive. When it did arrive Fran had enough of an appetite to eat half the soup. I ate a little brisket, a rib and half and about three bites of the potatoes. They were gross. They were a grayish purple color as if the cook had let them sit out and they had oxidized before cooking. But between all those other items I had enough in my belly that I wouldn't go to sleep hungry, and soon I drifted off to sleep. It had only been about 54 hours since our first rehearsal, but it felt like almost forever. We barely had any time to stop and think while we were awake!

Good mixture of room service and leftovers to make a complete meal! The potatoes sound terrible though!

By this time it was close to the time when our new room would be ready so we headed towards the new hotel. I'm going to save the rest of that trip and my BBQ quest for future bonus features!

Yum, more food pics!

Great balls of

:laughing:

This is good...

...but this is not so good.

Good Lord! Yes, please keep us posted.

Nothing new to report. We will make an appointment when we get home. He's been receiving two different inhalers, so they'll check him again about six to eight weeks after his last check up.

:goodvibes Drank the Disney cool-aid did he?

Evidently!

Really!

Good for her!! Congrats!

She's quite into it. I would try to post a pic, but too hard from my phone, although PB is back to $20 per year, so I may use that again for on the fly posting.

:laughing: Oh dear...

Yeah and you remind me that I have not bugged them for a while about where we will have dinner on night #2.

That sounds interesting. Have you been before?

No, and still haven't. Fran nixed that one.

mmm.... Plaza fried chicken...

Mmmmmm....

I really like this. :)

It is cute. I can't do this stuff in my house with the kittens.

If only they'd still had that Yule Log cake in April!

It would be pretty stale if they did!

Man that sounds good.

They've started to change the beignets up every season. I can't remember what flavor they are for Pixar Fest.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're in there somewhere.

;)

The one doing the peace sign whose face is obscured by the guy with the big head.

Decisions, decisions....

:laughing: Why am I not surprised?

You know us....

Interesting. They look pretty tasty.

1. I think that might be something I'd like.
2. Interesting weigh to spell slay. :rolleyes1

The beans are very good bar food. Do you like whiskey? You know how those Imagineers are...

That's a pretty cool mug. ::yes::

::yes::

I have heard of Tri Tip (and not just from you), but I didn't know that's where it was made famous.

I had to look it up a few years back when I brought some to WDW for a cookout and no one knew what it was. It has always just been something you grill to Californians.

I can see that as a recipe for preventing fires.... and creating a lot of unhappy cookers/diners.

Most people are cooking right on the flame so they'd see it go off, but we were using indirect heat. The lid was closed so we didn't notice.

Sounds like it was a delicious day!

It sure was!

Hmm...I would say basket case was pretty fitting. :blush: :lmao:

I hope that's not the case anymore. :rolleyes1

Fran says I fell asleep before we left and I believe her, but I never changed out of my clothes from Tuesday before we left. I was in such a fog that I don't remember much about the airport check in, security or boarding process.

Always a good feeling to be totally exhausted before the travel even starts!

I had planned to go there that night, so we had a change in plans, we ended up at the place which came recommended by @jedijill, Joe's Kansas City BBQ. I got the ribs and brisket, while Fran got a pit boss salad.

801hUTARfODxXkxTdtAve121QCbaCiirCIxjY9vMH5APuilX3fIf3e_sLIvUdemocCUFEKk5iQbhcDJWama6WX23VVM_RgPTdCKJaz47ZTpNLPD06UrK6YMDwu8ivJ1uTtuIxIXASpqRtZIW9R45LsgtwN-jt9PsGyBMkNn-B3-kIVZxG9wh5GuVNR6oVn1esKlsZkM91THgbavU2v-lWGNsCPmRMiMY6KLTE_FR9pZ7j17XAs-Pc8FRNlPuQHzFX_y1JI95RsPQTynnGvHdPSu0kGyblZ2lQ_Zx6MWmGJil0MKRSdLRRH1zv5R-3InJ5PtA7Psl6ZQBPGb7_iKUri6aM98G72WZE4CxV4turHAQCt0DPSrV5B27nRCKB8kJWWI91IExItbQxA9Upqg__IgVsunF_ko4ixOTuFNRSsNpTw0_sYQV53Cjat2ajl492_VGe-2GIiTEJNB54xk1vjqcWUGiRk8abRpaDUhXhy6foYfHxs1whp6-Ie2fYbxVoSc_nxemXYf8i3OQuIo7ghcsTGsXkhV7uS2V22rmwg__ZerOmhMP0uRq5dcp4oYOyqmRzOnlAxword4BT3KpzBxUwUK1gToZD2aBG1w=w279-h320-no

The brisket from Joe's was my favorite thing I had in Kansas City. So good!

And the next day, my Americano was actually Six bucks! @Steppesister.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm sure it was worth every penny, though. :rolleyes:

I think after breakfast we just kicked it in the room mostly. Check out our view.

Not too shabby.

Fran is the one whose head is in Justin’s belly. :laughing:

:scared1:

This was the morning that I spent $6 on a cup of coffee at the hotel restaurant. Little did I know that they had a full coffee set up in the delegates room.

D'oh! That makes it worse!

In case you’re wondering about the “old fart” ribbon, this was sort of a backlash to the ribbons that they give out reading, “First Timer”. One guy thought it would be funny to recognize people who have attended like 10 or more of these events. Hence the “Old Fart”

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's awesome. More conferences should do this.

Nice photo! That looks like a really cool building.

The concert went great! The audience loved it and we sounded pretty good as did the other band. We even got this review.

https://kcmetropolis.org/article/no-place-like-home/

Looks like a nice write-up. Glad it went well!

Then when they were sampling key lime pie, I'd been saying that I needed to try it, we came home with a lot more than we intended!

Easy to do that with pie.

You still need to try really good Key Lime pie. Store bought just ain't gonna cut it.

What he said.::yes::

Oh dear, poor little guy. Hopefully he will make a full recovery soon.

Me too. We need to make him an appointment when we get home.

Yay for a new ticker.

:banana:

That sounds like fun.

But it didn't happen, other stuff did though.

This looks amazing.

It was very pretty!

I hope they will be in this costume this holiday season.

Remind me of your dates again?

I love those.

They're a perfect snack because they give you the illusion that you're eating something healthy!

That sounds delicious.

Most definitely was!

I think I would be in Fran's condition and napping after so many drinks at Trader Sam's. Your food description left my mouth watering even without pictures.

Technically she only had two, it was Jill and I who had three!

Keep us posted on the kitty - hoping he makes a quick recovery! :hug:

Somehow I think it might be slow going but he's due for a checkup at the middle to the end of the month.

Oooh, I sure hope you're able to do Marceline. That's on my bucket list! :thumbsup2

Well spoiler alert, it didn't happen, but plenty of other stuff did.

That was such a fun weekend! Still LOL'ing about the gas timer!

Jill in CO

At least we all liked our meat rare to medium rare!

Fun band weekend minus the no sleep at the beginning. Glad the concert went so well :)

Yay for the March trip :cool1:

Looks like you got there! :)

My turn now...

And now I'm back where I started, but you're next on the list! It's hard to keep track with you since you don't put freshness dates on your updates.

Oh dear. Poor kitteh!

He seems fine, playful and all, but we'll have him checked out in the next few weeks.

I didn't! But see it now! My ticker's going up soon!

I'm imagining that it's already up. I can't see tickers from my phone.

We have an annual Iris Festival here too, and I was contemplating going this year. Alas, I think it's yard work until Mikki's graduation. But Iris will always remind me of my Grandma's yard.

That's cool!

Well, that would be fun!! I hope you get there!

Well, we didn't, but we got to other fun places.

I hope you can sell tons!

Me too. Not much sold while we were gone. :sad2:

I LOVE Minnie's spats with this outfit! :lovestruc

I didn't even notice until you pointed them out!

I dunno, this sounds like a toss up to me. A win-win!

Sam's had the slight advantage because we only had to wait once. At the kiosks we would have had to wait over and over. Plus we had a table. Actually the same one we shared a year ago-ish.

Good choice!!! :thumbsup2

I've always been intrigued by this. Need to try it someday!

Next time on your annual pilgrimage, just make sure me and Fran are there cause @pkondz says he's not a huge fan of guacamole.

Wow, that doesn't sound fun. Hope he recovers

Me too. He's not suffering and seems OK, but it's still there on the X-ray.

I could say the same for you!

Make sure you get some BBQ while you're there!

:rolleyes1 Maybe I did.....

Peppermint beignets! Julie would be in heaven.

They were very good!

This is true. Deep-frying makes just about anything better.

That's a cool mug!

Thanks, look for them on Ebay soon. :rotfl2;

You know, I think I actually do remember that from one of your earlier TR's.

Hey, this is great! Just add some exploding helicopters and it'll be just like one of my TR's!:thumbsup2

How about exploding guacamole?

Next time on your annual pilgrimage, just make sure me and Fran are there cause @pkondz says he's not a huge fan of guacamole.

Pretty much. I'll have some, it doesn't turn my stomach or anything, but not really a fan.
You guys can have it all.

Aw, hope he is doing better. Do you have pet insurance?

He seems like he feels fine, but we need to make the appointment for his follow up to really see. For him I wish we had had pet insurance, but when cats are healthy, it really doesn't pay off and with the number of cats we have it's just not feasible.

Yay! Flower and Garden, my favorite time! I think you should go with your gut and try for Al Forno.

I did get my parents to agree to the first night's dinner which will be at the Trattoria. Mom liked the idea of sharing calamari and having a caprese salad. Dad liked the idea of the creamery for dessert.

Or Yachtsman. Even if you don't want a heavy meal they have nice salads, appetizers and sides which could easily make up a meal without the steak.

I want to be up for steak when we go there! I'm thinking about that for Friday or Saturday night. But you're right my mom might just like to eat the apps and sides.

Have a great time! Remember, don't use the hot tub! :lmao:

I believe there is some reference that I am missing here.

Hope you make it to Marceline!

Fran mixed that one, but we did other fun stuff!

Somehow we all find ways to go on trips and cruises we don't really NEED but really WANT to be on, LOL.

Yeah, this is getting harder to find the means to finance it!

Oh yum! That looks like a perfect platter of food!

It was!

How cute! For the Star Wars After Dark event they had Red and Dark Blue sugar dusted beignets. I would have tried some but the line was too long!

The line is almost always too long!

That sounds nice and festive! Good to know that it went well with your long beans! Are the menus the same at both World and DL?

No the menus are very different. I like the Anaheim one better. They are both somewhat Asian inspired but I think the Anaheim one has better offerings, there is an Ahi tuna, the long beans, chicken lettuce wraps, and they do have a burger with pineapple.

I didn't know tri-tip was such a California thing. It's not too common here but I've seen it at some barbecue places and some sandwich shops. Good to know it feeds a lot of people! I'll have to think of it for family BBQs for my big Ohana!

I made it for a picnic we did at the Beach Club about 5 years ago. No one knew what it was so I looked it up and found out that it was originally called the Santa Maria steak because that's where it was made popular. A couple of those would be great for your family BBQs! It is easy to cook. I sear mine for 5 mins on each side (watch it closely when the fatty side is down, it can catch fire easily), and then let it go on indirect heat for 15-20 minus, and then rest for 5-10 minus wrapped in aluminum foil.

It seems I have been absent much longer than I thought. I hope he’s doing better and won’t need surgery.

Me too. He will have a follow up in about 2-3 weeks.

Great news about the apartment, sounds like things are moving along. Glad someone who appreciates antiques got the table.

I should post a picture of what she did to it. Not my cup of tea, but I showed it to some of my tenants and they loved it.

Fun weekend with the ladies! How cool Jenny’s DH is now at GCH!!!

Well things change, he'll be moving up in the scheme of things!

I believe there is some reference that I am missing here.

When you were telling us (Jenny and I) about your upcoming trip to KC and how all it's usually a big party in the hotel, and that all the guys were partying it up in the hot tub and you didn't want to know what happens there, and then we all said what hotel is this? Remember: don't use the hot tub! :laughing:

I made it for a picnic we did at the Beach Club about 5 years ago. No one knew what it was so I looked it up and found out that it was originally called the Santa Maria steak because that's where it was made popular. A couple of those would be great for your family BBQs! It is easy to cook. I sear mine for 5 mins on each side (watch it closely when the fatty side is down, it can catch fire easily), and then let it go on indirect heat for 15-20 minus, and then rest for 5-10 minus wrapped in aluminum foil.

Ooh sounds great! Now I just have to find a giant tri tip from a butcher.

Bet Liesa's happy to hear that. :)

I am, I am!!!

And now I'm back where I started, but you're next on the list! It's hard to keep track with you since you don't put freshness dates on your updates.

Looks like you're all caught up now! :) Well, except the update I put up last night. ;)

I'm imagining that it's already up. I can't see tickers from my phone.

Yes, and... pro tip: If you turn your phone sideways, I think the tickers will show up.

Well, we didn't, but we got to other fun places.

So a win-lose, then.

Sam's had the slight advantage because we only had to wait once. At the kiosks we would have had to wait over and over. Plus we had a table. Actually the same one we shared a year ago-ish.

Well, that's cool!! That was a great evening!

Pretty much. I'll have some, it doesn't turn my stomach or anything, but not really a fan.

I'd rather eat queso, but the guac makes chips and salsa a meal.

We've missed you!

Awww. Shucks.... :blush:

I'm seeing a pattern here... ;)

You're just NOW seeing this. : rolleyes1

Just be like me and forget who you used last and it won't matter. Mostly, they all suck anyway.

Next time I'm going with Alamo.

Heh, they took good lessons from $ixbucks!!!

I've actually never paid six bucks for any one item there.

9:30? I'd have been .. hangry.

Me too. If I hadn't had wine...

We have eaten at Joe's before and you are right it is really good.

I'm glad that we ended up there that first night. Had we gone to the place where we got the GC it would have set a different tone to my desire for BBQ for the rest of the trip.

Woot Woot! You are in my hometown! The Kaufmann Center is fairly new and really is a wonderful addition to KC. Hopefully it cools down before I go there in a couple of weeks!

Jill in CO

Yeah, I hope its cooler! It was mk o fun. We tried to stay inside!

Nice updates :) At work so just on for a brief minute. I'm sorry we didn't manage to meet up, it became apparent as our trip approached that my group would require constant monitoring (I was correct) so my apologies for not messaging you in the last few weeks to meet up :) I laughed out loud at your "old fart" ribbon :)

Nothing new to report. We will make an appointment when we get home. He's been receiving two different inhalers, so they'll check him again about six to eight weeks after his last check up.

That was about a week ago? News?

She's quite into it. I would try to post a pic, but too hard from my phone, although PB is back to $20 per year, so I may use that again for on the fly posting.

I saw that. Guess I'll keep using them.

It would be pretty stale if they did!

They've started to change the beignets up every season. I can't remember what flavor they are for Pixar Fest.

What?!?!?! Dang! Wish I'd known.

I had to look it up a few years back when I brought some to WDW for a cookout and no one knew what it was. It has always just been something you grill to Californians.

Huh. I don't even know if I could find any up here.

Most people are cooking right on the flame so they'd see it go off, but we were using indirect heat. The lid was closed so we didn't notice.

You should almost always cook on indirect....

You told me you were on facebook (and no, I haven't had a chance t look yet) so not quite off the grid. :)

I post more on FB when I'm on trips than I do at home! So I guess I'm never totally off the grid.

So no 20 hours of meetings. Considering what you've described in this update, it sounds like that was a good thing.

Yeah, if we were on the board we would have had to probably arrive a day earlier, so we had a day to chill before all the meetings!

What did you mean by this? That before you had no duties other than performing? Or you

For about 10 years, Fran and I were the only members from our band who would attend these things. So we were always the delegates. The last time that we were delegates was in 2014. We didn't attend the 2015 conference, 2017 was cancelled and someone else did it in 2016.

A big happy concert! Yay!

Actually.... after reading the article you linked... it sounds like that is exactly what it was! :goodvibes

The audience was quite exuberant!

Ugh! The worst.

After this trip we are having no more flights before 9AM!

Oh, I can help you out there.
You did check in. You made it through security and eventually boarded the plane.

You're welcome.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I did that or just apparated there.

What would "low level" functioning be?
Breathing and a heart beat?

Ability to speak in simple sentences, operate a motor vehicle for short distances, throw heavy objects into the back of a car.

Providing adequate directions and carrying on an intelligent conversation are certainly out of the question!

Hmmm... is it because the shuttle took so long? Or were there other issues?

No the shuttle was fine. It was an airport wide shuttle to one building with all the car companies. It was the fact that they didn't have any cars for me when I got there. They found me one and said, "No we can't give you that one,." And then made me wait another 30 minutes until they found one.

you knew them, then I'm sure they got what was going on, or... they didn't notice.

Well one guy I ran into said he hadn't slept in three days so he beat me for only one.

Did you ever get it?

Yes. I got it Saturday before the concert.

Dang.... I want to eat all of that.
I noticed the coleslaw in the photo. How was that? I'm a bit of a coleslaw snob.

I thought it was pretty good, but it was kind of the low thing on the totem pole. I was all about the meat that week.

That sounds good! Was it?

::yes:: excellent!

Never heard of that. Huh! And... why not? I might do that the next time I have oatmeal.

It's not a bad idea, sounds pretty good!

Just need to scrape the weeds off of it and it's good to go. :rolleyes:

I think that's what she did!

Not bad considering it came with lifetime free refills.

Yeah in your dreams!

Not too shabby!

No.

Someone reaches over with a spoon to "split" my French Onion Soup is going to pull back a stub.

That's not very nice. Fran and I usually split most all of our meals when we dine out.

The article mentioned that too.

You expect to play more challenging music at these events but this was probably among the most difficult we have played.

Very descriptive! I had no problem finding you both. :)

That was the idea.

So... water?

:rolleyes1 I was drinking that all day.

It doesn't matter what she got. Let's get back to the apple crumble!!!

:cloud9:

:thumbsup2

Riveting stuff.

Bet Liesa's happy to hear that. :)

Seems like it.

There ain't no such thing as a free... oh.

Nevermind.

Precisely. But we didn't have to go far, and it didn't cost us anything extra except maybe our time.

I did look at that photo for a bit and wondered about it.

I wore my old proudly!

So did you not eat anything that night

I had fruit. Well that may be a little vague, they were grapes. And maybe they were smashed. A bit.

It certainly is! Beautiful, too! That organ. Wow! Loved it even more with the colours. (read about it being usually grey, too.)

I didn't even notice the colors until we finished our half of the concert and got to go up in the audience to listen to the other band.

:faint: Too hot! Spontaneous combustion territory!

It's amazing how much different the sun felt in that midwestern heat. Much more glaring and intense.

Gorgeous building.

Also designed by Frank Gehry.

Nice looking group.

:goodvibes

Very nice review! What was your favourite piece? Fantasia?

Hard to say. A lot of the music was strange, to say the least. I'd probably say that the Wizard of Oz was my favorite.

Gross is right. Yuck.

I only ate a few bites.

You still need to try really good Key Lime pie. Store bought just ain't gonna cut it.

But at least the mystery of it was solved. I had no idea what it was like, consistency, etc.

Last edited:
Great update! Now I am starving!

Love the band photos.

Thanks! Just wait until I post the next update!

Love how we can just youtube any instructions nowadays. Which makes me wonder how I ever survived without it because I hate reading instructions for anything!

That was actually the first time I did that. I guess with my limited brain capacity, I couldn't figure it out on my own.

Nice room! It looked so big!

It was very large. We were spoiled as the second half of the trip our room was not nearly as big.

Yum, your BBQ pictures make everything look so good! I'm ok with BBQ, but I guess I haven't had Kansas City BBQ which is probably something I should do to appreciate BBQ!

They take their BBQ seriously there! But I'm glad we visited the places we did in that order.

Yikes! That's more than like, NYC!

I didn't even pay that much for the Iced coffee I bought at the airport on the way home.

Yum looks delicious for hotel food!

The hotel restaurant was actually quite good.

Haha this is really funny!

People need a better sense of humor for events like this. :laughing:

Wow impressive hall! Love the rainbow!

It's rather cool that our groups are starting to gain enough respect that we can play in such nice venues.

Good mixture of room service and leftovers to make a complete meal! The potatoes sound terrible though!

It worked out well since no one would go out with me. We were pretty tired the next day as it was, so going out would have just made it even harder getting up the next morning.

Yum, more food pics!

My next update is chock full of them!

I think I have mellowed a little......:lmao: :blush: :grouphug:

Ya think? :crazy: :lmao:

Yeah, if we were on the board we would have had to probably arrive a day earlier, so we had a day to chill before all the meetings!

Ah.

For about 10 years, Fran and I were the only members from our band who would attend these things. So we were always the delegates. The last time that we were delegates was in 2014. We didn't attend the 2015 conference, 2017 was cancelled and someone else did it in 2016.

So not your first kick at the cat.
(No offense to cats.)

After this trip we are having no more flights before 9AM!

:laughing: I can't imagine why not! Betting you needed a cat nap!
(No offense to cats.)

Thanks, I wasn't sure if I did that or just apparated there.

I was trying to keep your secret. Cat's out of the bag now!
(No offense to cats.)

Ability to speak in simple sentences, operate a motor vehicle for short distances, throw heavy objects into the back of a car.

Providing adequate directions and carrying on an intelligent conversation are certainly out of the question!

:laughing: Thanks for clarifying. Was curious. Curiosity killed the cat though.
(No offense to cats.)

No the shuttle was fine. It was an airport wide shuttle to one building with all the car companies. It was the fact that they didn't have any cars for me when I got there. They found me one and said, "No we can't give you that one,." And then made me wait another 30 minutes until they found one.

Not acceptable. At all. Not even close. Bet you guys fought like cats and dogs.
(No offense to cats.)

Well one guy I ran into said he hadn't slept in three days so he beat me for only one.

He wins. Definitely not the cat's meow.
(No offense to cats.)

Yeah in your dreams!

So... no?

That's not very nice. Fran and I usually split most all of our meals when we dine out.

Odd thing. Ruby and I never share. And I'm not against it. I'd gladly share with you if you'd like. Heck... I have shared with you! On at least 4 occasions that I can recall off the top of my head.

But.... anyone reaches for my French onion soup is going to be sadly disappointed.

I wore my old proudly!

I had fruit. Well that may be a little vague, they were grapes. And maybe they were smashed. A bit.

giphy.gif

I didn't even notice the colors until we finished our half of the concert and got to go up in the audience to listen to the other band.

Well, you did have your backs to it, so understandable.

It's amazing how much different the sun felt in that midwestern heat. Much more glaring and intense.

Well, it's because you're closer. Long beach elevation is 52 feet and Kansas City is 908. So that explains it.

:rolleyes1

Also designed by Frank Gehry.

I actually saw that. I was curious and looked it up. :)
(Dang... another cat killed. No offense.)

But at least the mystery of it was solved. I had no idea what it was like, consistency, etc.

Now you know. Now you need to try a good one.

Always a good feeling to be totally exhausted before the travel even starts!

Of course! That's why we always do it! :sad2:

801hUTARfODxXkxTdtAve121QCbaCiirCIxjY9vMH5APuilX3fIf3e_sLIvUdemocCUFEKk5iQbhcDJWama6WX23VVM_RgPTdCKJaz47ZTpNLPD06UrK6YMDwu8ivJ1uTtuIxIXASpqRtZIW9R45LsgtwN-jt9PsGyBMkNn-B3-kIVZxG9wh5GuVNR6oVn1esKlsZkM91THgbavU2v-lWGNsCPmRMiMY6KLTE_FR9pZ7j17XAs-Pc8FRNlPuQHzFX_y1JI95RsPQTynnGvHdPSu0kGyblZ2lQ_Zx6MWmGJil0MKRSdLRRH1zv5R-3InJ5PtA7Psl6ZQBPGb7_iKUri6aM98G72WZE4CxV4turHAQCt0DPSrV5B27nRCKB8kJWWI91IExItbQxA9Upqg__IgVsunF_ko4ixOTuFNRSsNpTw0_sYQV53Cjat2ajl492_VGe-2GIiTEJNB54xk1vjqcWUGiRk8abRpaDUhXhy6foYfHxs1whp6-Ie2fYbxVoSc_nxemXYf8i3OQuIo7ghcsTGsXkhV7uS2V22rmwg__ZerOmhMP0uRq5dcp4oYOyqmRzOnlAxword4BT3KpzBxUwUK1gToZD2aBG1w=w279-h320-no

The brisket from Joe's was my favorite thing I had in Kansas City. So good!

It was even better when I had it a few days later, so tender and good!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm sure it was worth every penny

:p. :sad2:

Not too shabby.

Better than the parking lot we were overlooking for the second half of the trip.

D'oh! That makes it worse!

::yes:: :sad2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's awesome. More conferences should do this.

I like when folks have a sense of humor!

Nice photo! That looks like a really cool building.

It was. It's a Frank Gehry building.

Looks like a nice write-up. Glad it went well!

I was surprised by the review, but it was nice that they were there and had such good things to say!

Easy to do that with pie.

Yup. We did it again at our Costco with another pie that we debated getting over the key lime pie.

What he said.::yes::

I get that, but the closest I'd had to a key lime before that was reading Julie's recipe on one of your TRs.

Fun band weekend minus the no sleep at the beginning. Glad the concert went so well :)

Yay for the March trip :cool1:

It was fun but exhausting. It always is.

I only like it when it's super fresh, like I make it, or they do it tableside.

When you were telling us (Jenny and I) about your upcoming trip to KC and how all it's usually a big party in the hotel, and that all the guys were partying it up in the hot tub and you didn't want to know what happens there, and then we all said what hotel is this? Remember: don't use the hot tub! :laughing:

Ah, now its coming back to me! I'm not sure I even saw if they had a hot tub.

Ooh sounds great! Now I just have to find a giant tri tip from a butcher.

Either that or get two! They were on sale here last week for $3.99 per lb.

I am, I am

Yay! You can come to our concert! As long as it's not the same weekend as the PNWMM!

Looks like you're all caught up now! :) Well, except the update I put up last night. ;)

I read it, just haven't had a chance to comment.

Yes, and... pro tip: If you turn your phone sideways, I think the tickers will show up

Yeah I know about that, but I don't like reading my phone in landscape, so thinking to turn it at the bottom of everyone's posts doesn't come naturally.

So a win-lose, then.

Eh, when I looked into what was there, it didn't sound nearly as exciting, and a couple hours drive each way made it less interesting.

Well, that's cool!! That was a great evening!

I'd rather eat queso, but the guac makes chips and salsa a meal.

I need the chips and guac as an appy. Need meat after that!

That was about a week ago? News?

In the first week of May they said they wanted to see him back in 6 to 8 weeks so we got time.

I saw that. Guess I'll keep using them.

I need to go make sure my account is paid up. I'll use them on the fly and this way my old TRs will still be alive.

What?!?!?! Dang! Wish I'd known.

Sorry...next time.

Huh. I don't even know if I could find any up here.

Let me know if you do find it. I'd be curious.

You should almost always cook on indirect....

Not for burgers and things you want to get a good sear. Or is this one of those times I'm missing your smart a$$ comments?

I only like it when it's super fresh, like I make it, or they do it tableside.

I actually saw them do that at the next table when I ate at the Santa Monica Pier. Was interesting. And, like I said, I'd have some... but not much.

In the first week of May they said they wanted to see him back in 6 to 8 weeks so we got time.

Okay. Hope the next visit ends with "He's good!"

I need to go make sure my account is paid up. I'll use them on the fly and this way my old TRs will still be alive.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Let me know if you do find it. I'd be curious.

Dang it! And I was just at my butcher's yesterday... and forgot to ask.

Not for burgers and things you want to get a good sear. Or is this one of those times I'm missing your smart a$$ comments?

No, you can do those indirect too. I heat the BBQ up so the grates are really hot, then put the burgers on. I turn the heat way down on that side. When I flip them, I'll transfer to the other side and reverse the levels on the burners. You get your sear and avoid flameups.
Hmm.... I guess it's not really indirect then. Just the burners that are going at the time, make it kind of like that? But you're right, it's not really cooking by indirect. It's still searing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!