The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Since I am the one who got us the table, I feel qualified to answer this: It sucks, but not as much as in DL. It is slightly larger, but not by much.

Thank you for answering and thank you for securing the table! It is easier to get one in WDW than DL, but like you said, not by much!

That did not sound good. I am glad that they had it before you left.

It was nice that I didn't have to walk that day.

This is just crazy.

The coffee grinder was less than $10. All the coffee they had just have been gourmet, and you probably had to buy several pounds.

This sounds great, but the menu would not have been a hit with me.

You need to be fairly omnivorous to enjoy these special meals. They only make substitutions for actual allergies not dining preferences.

When it's that early, does it matter?

Exactly.

:faint: Nothing beats an hour of going nowhere!

At least I was amused by my tablet so I didn't notice. Ignorance is bliss.

This falls under the Law of Airports. When you have to make a connection, it will always be at the gate that is furthest from yours.

Yup pretty much.

Well, I'm sure it was doing a lot of good in Houston!

Yeah, but maybe it would have been a blessing in disguise. :rolleyes1

And then we boarded our horse carriage.

Felt that way.

Your bus was going at warp speed!

:laughing:

That's always a pain at just about every resort.

Most DVC resorts have one central bus stop, but SSR is just so huge. I'll remember that for the future.

We're taking it for a joyride, Ferris Bueller style!:woohoo:

:lmao:

:faint: So they were giving you Disney prices.

I guess they knew where we were staying.

You'd think Disney would do a better job of controlling the temps for their guests.

That's what I was thinking as well!

It looks like a very nice napkin.

It was expertly folded!

Are you sure you guys don't plan it this way? Book your table with a couple of non-existent "guests"?:rotfl:

You may have something there....

After all that tequlia, few would.

::yes::

I see he's looking as handsome as ever.

Doesn't age a day....

So glad to find your newest report. I haven’t been on in quite a while and I always love your reports. I can’t even count how many years I’ve been reading them now!

:welcome:

I'm glad you made it over here!

It seems to have helped her, she's running around, playing and behaving like a kitten.

Yay!

Isn't pretty much everything nowadays?

Not mine!

And I should get some.
When I'm on my bike, listening to tunes, I pull them out of my ears when I turn my head too far. Then I can't put them back in without stopping and taking off my gloves and helmet.

I used to do that...this picture is without my purple one and my Marie one (which I pretty much used exclusively on this trip.)

z17FW1112MB01.jpg

You should bring them to the parks like that.

I have all the ingredients, well except for the vodka....

I might still have the two little bottles I'd originally brought.

Raccoons like Tartar Sauce? : confused3

They wouldn't have hissed if you'd brought it.
And some fine linens and perhaps a nice Chianti.

I'm surprised they didn't scatter when you initially approached them.

I think they were too young to do any scattering.
Then again, I didn't want to disturb them any more than I already had.

So you're going to show your old school paperwork when you could easily participate in the 21st century technology? :laughing:

I did! :laughing:

Since I only get green, it wouldn't help me to bring any others to accessorize with.

Not mine!

And I should get some.
When I'm on my bike, listening to tunes, I pull them out of my ears when I turn my head too far. Then I can't put them back in without stopping and taking off my gloves and helmet.

True. I do have a set of ear buds that also have a voice speaker on it and I use that when I talk to my mother on the phone so that I can chop veggies and work on dinner when I talk to her.

You should bring them to the parks like that.

Nah. I just wrap them around my purse strap.

I might still have the two little bottles I'd originally brought.

Bring em next year and I can try the drink!

They wouldn't have hissed if you'd brought it.
And some fine linens and perhaps a nice Chianti.

Somehow I think you might be referring to the movie "The Silence of the lambs" and I will not watch movies of that genre.

Since I only get green, it wouldn't help me to bring any others to accessorize with.

No, the question was "why do you always choose green?"

This morning, I woke up 5AM couldn't go back to sleep so I took a bath. After that I was able to go back to sleep until about 8:30

You do this quite a lot.
Would taking a bath before you go to bed help or hinder?

with some very weird dreams.

Are you sure they were dreams? Maybe mousekeeping snuck in and were tickling your tootsies.

We were prepared to go about our day without the other scooter, I would just have to walk, and I would probably be OK with walking until about the 3rd day of the trip.

But... I'm sure you would prefer not to do that.

I went to make coffee and realized that the coffee I had brought along with me was not already ground, but whole beans. So Fran quickly got online to see about ordering some coffee from Amazon Prime and it turned out to be cheaper to order me a coffee grinder than to order coffee!

Really! Surprising.
And... next day delivery?

At 10:15 we got a call that Bell Services had the scooter, but it was in the “barn”.

Get it out! Otherwise it'll smell like H + H.
(Horses and hogs)

They needed the key to retrieve it and we had the key, so we met the guy downstairs, gave him the key and he brought the scooter to us up near registration.

Nah. He just wanted the key so he could do some donuts and pop a few wheelies.

She was cranky because it was way colder than we expected.

How cold was it? 50s or so?

We got to La Haceinda and were 2nd to last in line. No worries we got a good seat near the window.

Score!

This was our place setting. Sorry the tequila is blurry, my camera liked the napkin better!

I actually really like that photo! :)

Our hostess was Hilda, but she said after a few shots of Tequila it was OK for us to call her Maria.

Our first course was a salad. The menu said that it was Hearts of Palm salad and that worried me because I’m not a huge fan of Hearts of Palm.

I wouldn't know.
Pretty sure I've never had them.

It seems like this happens to us a lot, but the people next to us never showed up. Fran kept saying that she was going to steal their Tequila and when they weren’t there for the first course she was like, “Ok, they snoozed they lost!” And grabbed the first glass.

:laughing: Go Fran!

After a couple minutes, she said to me, “If you don’t take the other one, I will!” So I took it!

and... Go Alison!

I liked the mole sauce better than the squash puree.

I would probably have said the same.

The Poblano Cream sauce was OK. I didn’t care for the plantain puree

Hmmm..
Can't say about the Poblano, but I probably wouldn't care for the plantain puree either.
Then again, I've been surprised before.

After all the tasty and smooth tequilas it was obvious how harsh and smoky the Mezcal tasted.

I know zero about tequilas.
This interests me.

The dessert was a Mamey Flan and I didn't care for it at all.

Well, that sucks, but...

I'm not sure if these were the tequilas that we tasted, but I thought I might as well take a picture of it.

I recognize the Avion and the Mezcal from your descriptions.

Since I felt gypped on the dessert front, I went to Karamel Kuche

... this is a much better option!

Fran and I split the other caramel covered s’more on our way to the bus stop.

How was it?

We got dressed and headed out a little after 4PM. It took until 4:40 before we got on a bus.

Long wait! Especially considering you were waiting for either of two busses.

By 5:30 we were on our way to the Poly and Trader Sams

An hour and a half. Yup. Long.

When we ordered our second drinks we got an order of potstickers

z17FW1026TS02.jpg

and some pork sliders.

z17FW1026TS03.jpg

They must really like their shredded carrot there.

Oh, sure! Now I recognize him!

There were people all dressed up for MNSSHP on the monorail and some great costumes as well.

Love MNSHHP.
Would definitely go again. :)

Three potstickers and half a slider just didn't cut it for me

No. That's not really enough.

After a nice relaxing bath I went to sleep around 11PM. It had been a long and eventful day.

Certainly was!
Nighty, night Alison!

True. I do have a set of ear buds that also have a voice speaker on it and I use that when I talk to my mother on the phone so that I can chop veggies and work on dinner when I talk to her.

Hmmm... I wonder if that would work over the noise of the wind/bike. It's.... loud, to say the least.

Nah. I just wrap them around my purse strap.

Ah!

Bring em next year and I can try the drink!

Okay! Deal!

Somehow I think you might be referring to the movie "The Silence of the lambs" and I will not watch movies of that genre.

Only incidentally. I could have said a nice Pinot or Merlot or.... beer.

No, the question was "why do you always choose green?"

Oh! Favourite colour of course!

Day 3

I woke up at 3:15AM and was really afraid I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, but it all worked out and next thing I know I woke up at 5:15. Still that was too early, so I rolled over and the next thing I know it was 7AM! Perfect! A full 8 hours of sleep.

I got in the tub and enjoyed a good soak before I showered to wash my hair and such. I love Florida since there is no drought! I poured us each a glass of V8 in hopes that it would start to wake Fran up by putting some food in her tummy.

The night before, Fran received notification that my coffee grinder had arrived, but I was too tired when we got off the bus to pick it up so I went up this morning and got it. Finally I could make my own coffee.

Fran was ready for her shower too and I drank my coffee while handing her various shampoo, conditioner, face cloths etc.

We got her dressed and scarfed down some English Muffins before darting out the door. I also threw in a load of laundry just for good measure.

I had already missed my Mission Space FP when we left at 10:10, but I did have TT at 10:20. We waited the full 20 minutes as the Epcot bus didn't get there until 10:30. After making the SSR loop we got to Epcot at 10:55.

I made it through security and to TT at 11:14, six minutes to spare! I tapped my MB and pretty much was being assigned my number to stand on in the pre-designing car room.

I designed my car with nothing but power and fashion involved.

z17FW1027FL01.jpg

z17FW1027FL02.jpg

There was a delay in boarding so I didn't actually ride until 11:37. My car won three out of four tests, only losing the second one, and overall I got 1st place. I don't think this has been my highest rated car, but I think I did pretty good.

z17FW1027FL03.jpg

I look like I was passed out on the ride.

z17FW1027FL04.jpg

It was getting close to the time for our noon reservation, Fran had been shopping and bought one of those cards that you can use the tabs to pay for kiosk items.

z17FW1027FL05.jpg

z17FW1027FL06.jpg

We decided to meet at Monsieur Paul, and just like the day before we were second to last in the line to get in. No worries though, seats were assigned and we were seated at a table with some very nice folks. They were all Florida residents and we had a great time chatting during the meal.

z17FW1027FL07.jpg

z17FW1027FL08.jpg

z17FW1027FL09.jpg

z17FW1027FL10.jpg

I posted this pic on FB before we had too much to drink.

z17FW1027FL11.jpg

The Amuse Bouche was fantastic and a great indicator of how good things would be.

z17FW1027FL12.jpg

z17FW1027FL13.jpg

z17FW1027FL14.jpg

As soon as they started pouring the wine, they were generous with the refills. Anytime your glass was less than about 5oz full they topped it off.
z17FW1027FL15.jpg

z17FW1027FL16.jpg

The Saucisson in Brioche was excellent, the mustard was light and not overpowering. I ate all of this.

z17FW1027FL17.jpg

This was my favorite wine of the day. It was sweet and crisp, I'd buy it if I found it in a store.

z17FW1027FL18.jpg

This fish stew contained salmon, halibut and snapper. I gave Fran my piece of salmon and she let me take some of her halibut. I should have just left it with giving her a piece of my fish. She joined the clean plate club while I struggled to eat most of it. Not that it was difficult to eat, it was absolutely delicious! But it was so rich that it was easily filling.

z17FW1027FL19.jpg

Fran liked it so much she asked the Maitre ‘D for the recipe and he had me fill out a card with our contact info.

No French Lunch would be complete without cheese and this Blue Cheese slice was really flavorful and nicely complimented by all the different items on the plate. I ate almost all of this.

z17FW1027FL21.jpg

z17FW1027FL20.jpg

The final dish was this chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream served with a champagne. I ate every bite of the ice cream and about half the cake. Fran didn't let me send it to back the kitchen and offered to take care if anything I couldn't finish.

z17FW1027FL23.jpg

z17FW1027FL22.jpg

After receiving our gift, we made our way downstairs and back to our scooters. Fran wanted to visit the Festival Center and I sat at the top of the landing resting my head on my tiller. Without buying anything she woke me up and we headed back to the bus.

Back in the room, I crawled right into bed noticing that it was almost 5PM. When I woke at 7:30PM I was so disoriented I didn't know if it was morning or night. We had talked about getting dinner at Disney Springs if we were up to it, but Fran was the voice of reason this time. We had the bag o Caesar salad in the fridge and I had the makings for grilled cheese. She ate another half of the Roast beef sandwiches to hold her over while I made the rest of dinner.

This was my plate.

z17FW1027FL24.jpg

And this was hers.

z17FW1027FL25.jpg

We hung out watching a marathon of Triple D repeats while she listed pins that she had bought on eBay. We had dirtied a number of dishes by this time, so I loaded up the dishwasher and ran it.

Then I took a bath and crawled into bed. I ended up texting with friends a while longer and ended up not falling asleep until well into the Stephen Colbert show. But once I drifted off it was a generally relaxing deep sleep.

I woke up at 3:15AM

Go back to bed!!!!

but it all worked out and next thing I know I woke up at 5:15. Still that was too early, so I rolled over and the next thing I know it was 7AM! Perfect! A full 8 hours of sleep.

You and I have different definitions of "full".

I got in the tub and enjoyed a good soak

Love your tubs when in hotels, don't you?

(so do I!)

before I showered to wash my hair and such

and.... such?

The night before, Fran received notification that my coffee grinder had arrived

Whoa! That was super fast!

I went up this morning and got it. Finally I could make my own coffee.

Do you bring a small drip or French press with you? Or just use the hotel's?

Fran was ready for her shower too and I drank my coffee while handing her various shampoo, conditioner, face cloths etc.

Service! How do I sign up for this?

I also threw in a load of laundry just for good measure.

Just for good measure.... :sad2:

I had already missed my Mission Space FP when we left at 10:10

Again?? MS is just not gonna happen on this trip.

I made it through security and to TT at 11:14, six minutes to spare!

Woot!

Very pretty.

My car won three out of four tests, only losing the second one, and overall I got 1st place

Nice! I usually do..... poorly.

I look like I was passed out on the ride.

It's all those G's.

Fran had been shopping and bought one of those cards that you can use the tabs to pay for kiosk items.

Does that pay off in the end (provided you use all the tabs)?

seats were assigned and we were seated at a table with some very nice folks

Too bad. Can't steal their wine.

So.... while you were still functional. ;)

The Amuse Bouche was fantastic and a great indicator of how good things would be.

I had to go back to read.
It doesn't look like puff pastry. Interesting!

As soon as they started pouring the wine, they were generous with the refills. Anytime your glass was less than about 5oz full they topped it off.

Whoa. Dangerous.

The Saucisson in Brioche was excellent, the mustard was light and not overpowering. I ate all of this.

That looks like, what... 2 bites? Or was it bigger than it looks?

This was my favorite wine of the day. It was sweet and crisp, I'd buy it if I found it in a store.

You can find it online for $16, shipped to CA.
https://www.wine.com/product/pierre-sparr-alsace-one-2015/213283

Man that looks amazing! Yum!

Fran liked it so much she asked the Maitre ‘D for the recipe and he had me fill out a card with our contact info.

Nice!
I'd ask too, but.... I'd never make it. Not with Ruby's allergy.

The final dish was this chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream served with a champagne. I ate every bite of the ice cream and about half the cake. Fran didn't let me send it to back the kitchen and offered to take care if anything I couldn't finish.

mmmmm..... chocolate.
I'll help you finish it!

When I woke at 7:30PM I was so disoriented I didn't know if it was morning or night.

I've only done that once or twice.
There's a video I saw of a dad who drove his kid all the way to school (after he had "breakfast") at 7pm.

We hung out watching a marathon of Triple D repeats

Love that show. I try to watch episodes of places I'm going to.
I think I had at least one on my road trip. One for sure, anyway.... wait... maybe it was a different show...
Oy. From their website, but it lists places from a few different shows, so...

You wake up at 3:15am on the east coast and I wake up at 3:30AM when I'm on the west coast. Neither of us like time change do we?

Glad you got to at least enjoy your ride on Test Track!

The French Family Meal looks like it was a good event! That entree does look really rich! Smart move on the easy dinner that night!

Perfect! A full 8 hours of sleep
Well, with only a few breaks in between.

This almost looks like something I'd design. Only your power could be higher and your responsiveness lower... Pretty good all around scores. Efficiency is overrated anyway.

So Fran didn't even need to steal anyone else's drinks!

Well yeah... you can't let a good piece of cake like this go to waste!

We had the bag o Caesar salad in the fridge and I had the makings for grilled cheese.
I'm never one to reach for the salad first, but a good grilled cheese sandwich is one of life's simple pleasures.

What a day!
I can relate to running late ;) we both have a hard time getting out of the room in time, but that is what we call perfect timing if you made it to Test Track with 6 minutes to spare. :thumbsup2

Lunch looks VERY yummy with LOTS of wine. The stew doesn't look like a huge portion, but I guess the cream makes it pretty filling. The cake looks delish!!! And no wonder you had to go back to the room - an experience like this makes you "tired". ::yes::

Good idea to have dinner in the room and I love your combo of Caesar Salad and Grilled Cheese. Yum.

::yes:: I agree, let's sit outside at Trader Sam's in December. There may be a bunch of us and I hate navigating their system....or lack thereof. :crazy: :scared:

This French meal looks amazing!!! Love how they are not stingy with the wine.

::yes:: I agree, let's sit outside at Trader Sam's in December. There may be a bunch of us and I hate navigating their system....or lack thereof. :crazy: :scared:

Agree with sitting outside!

I love Monsieur Paul! The French lunch looks amazing...I'm still sad I couldn't get it last year. I love the fact that they are not stingy on the refills...Viva la France!

Fran left without buying anything? I'm proud and amazed! LOL

Your dinner looks delicious! Grilled cheese is one of my favorites!

Jill in CO

You do this quite a lot.
Would taking a bath before you go to bed help or hinder?

I did take a bath before going to bed that night. :rolleyes1

Are you sure they were dreams? Maybe mousekeeping snuck in and were tickling your tootsies.

I know the dreams had nothing to do with a foot fetish!

But... I'm sure you would prefer not to do that.

True

Really! Surprising.
And... next day delivery?

Actually same day....

Get it out! Otherwise it'll smell like H + H.
(Horses and hogs

At Disney it would be more like Hummingbirds and Hamsters!

Nah. He just wanted the key so he could do some donuts and pop a few wheelies.

That may also explain how things unfold...

How cold was it? 50s or so?

I think it was in the 50s. I was wearing a sleeveless dress with an overshirt, and i was chilly. I'm OK with a sleeveless shirt when it's in the 60s, but being cold when wearing an overshirt makes me think it was pretty cool out (for Orlando).

I actually really like that photo! :)

Thanks! :goodvibes

I wouldn't know.
Pretty sure I've never had them.

I've never been a big fan. They have a weird texture.

:laughing: Go Fran!

and... Go Alison!

We're quick like that!

I would probably have said the same.

Mole is pretty good. I don't care for orange squash.

Hmmm..
Can't say about the Poblano, but I probably wouldn't care for the plantain puree either.
Then again, I've been surprised before.

That's half the fun of these meals, is trying new stuff!

I know zero about tequilas.
This interests me.

We have done so many tequila tastings that I could probably teach you a class in it!

... this is a much better option!

Karamel Kuche is always a better option!

How was it?

It was sweet, but very good. I could totally feel my blood sugar rising!

Long wait! Especially considering you were waiting for either of two busses.

It was pretty much the story of our trip, well that and scooter stuff....

An hour and a half. Yup. Long.

Actually that is what I allot when going from resort to resort at WDW, when relying on the bus system, so it wasn't unexpected.

They must really like their shredded carrot there.

I was thinking the same thing looking at those pictures.

Oh, sure! Now I recognize him

Unmistakable, huh?

Certainly was!
Nighty, night Alison!

:cloud9:

Hmmm... I wonder if that would work over the noise of the wind/bike. It's.... loud, to say the least.

I have no idea. It's been decades since I've been on the back of a bike.

Only incidentally. I could have said a nice Pinot or Merlot or.... beer.

I'll take the Pinot!

Oh! Favourite colour of course!

I can never really decide on the favorite color. Sometimes it's pink, or maybe purple, or yellow....

You and I have different definitions of "full".

It seems you have different definitions of things than several of us here!

Love your tubs when in hotels, don't you?

(so do I!)

Only when in DVC one bedroom units. Regular hotel rooms not so much.

and.... such?

Hey this is a family board! I can't get much more specific!

Whoa! That was super fast!

Amazon Prime baby!

Do you bring a small drip or French press with you? Or just use the hotel's?

Actually all DVC units have a coffee maker. I keep the filters in my Owner's Locker.

Service! How do I sign up for this?

Only available to my wife!

Just for good measure.... :sad2:

Well remember we miscalculated on the weather, we only had so many warmish clothes!

Again?? MS is just not gonna happen on this trip.

You'll see!

Nice! I usually do..... poorly.

I was pleased this time. Usually I don't do so good because I try to make my car all things.

Does that pay off in the end (provided you use all the tabs)?

As long as you use them for things that are $8 and above.

Too bad. Can't steal their wine.

No need, as you will see.

So.... while you were still functional. ;)

We functioned later, just maybe not as efficiently! ;)

I had to go back to read.
It doesn't look like puff pastry. Interesting!

I think they poked it with a fork so that it wouldn't puff quite so much. I have a tart recipe where you do that to the center so that the edges puff up and the middle where you put the tomatoes and cheese is more flat.

That looks like, what... 2 bites? Or was it bigger than it looks?

No, it was pretty big. The sausage was about 3 inches in diameter. It was quite a few bites. The sausage was just a little smaller than the base of the wine glasses. It was a healthy portion.

Hmmm......thanks for the link. That would be a special occasion wine for me. Generally that's how much I pay for 5 liters of my house wine!

Man that looks amazing! Yum!

It was very good, but the cream sauce was very rich.

Nice!
I'd ask too, but.... I'd never make it. Not with Ruby's allergy.

Well we don't have to worry yet, haven't heard anything from them with the recipe!

mmmmm..... chocolate.
I'll help you finish it!

You'll have to fight off Fran!

I've only done that once or twice.
There's a video I saw of a dad who drove his kid all the way to school (after he had "breakfast") at 7pm.

Since I rarely take naps, I haven't done it too many times either.

Love that show. I try to watch episodes of places I'm going to.
I think I had at least one on my road trip. One for sure, anyway.... wait... maybe it was a different show...
Oy. From their website, but it lists places from a few different shows, so...

I've been to a few places that he's featured on the show and they've all been pretty good!

I did take a bath before going to bed that night. :rolleyes1

Oops. Nevermind!

I know the dreams had nothing to do with a foot fetish!

Boring!

Actually same day....

I saw that. Wow!

At Disney it would be more like Hummingbirds and Hamsters!

:laughing: Okay. Then no rush.

That may also explain how things unfold...

dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!

I think it was in the 50s. I was wearing a sleeveless dress with an overshirt, and i was chilly. I'm OK with a sleeveless shirt when it's in the 60s, but being cold when wearing an overshirt makes me think it was pretty cool out (for Orlando).

50s would be jacket or sweater weather. ::yes::

We're quick like that!

:laughing: Okay!

That's half the fun of these meals, is trying new stuff!

We have done so many tequila tastings that I could probably teach you a class in it!

I don't think I'd be able to really appreciate it though, tbh.

Karamel Kuche is always a better option!

It was sweet, but very good. I could totally feel my blood sugar rising!

So... good, then!

It was pretty much the story of our trip, well that and scooter stuff....

Ouch. Sorry, totally foreign to me.

Actually that is what I allot when going from resort to resort at WDW, when relying on the bus system, so it wasn't unexpected.

Ah. Don't recall that I've ever gone resort to resort... seems I must have?

I'll take the Pinot!

I'll take a Coke.

I can never really decide on the favorite color. Sometimes it's pink, or maybe purple, or yellow....

Green. Always green.

It seems you have different definitions of things than several of us here!

It seems I am very different. ;)

Only when in DVC one bedroom units. Regular hotel rooms not so much.

I get that.

Stupid overflow hole. Need to figure out how to plug that.

Hey this is a family board! I can't get much more specific!

Boring!!

:lmao:

Amazon Prime baby!

So I see!

Actually all DVC units have a coffee maker. I keep the filters in my Owner's Locker.

Ah. Just when you said you had to order coffee and a grinder was cheaper, I wondered if you needed a different coffee maker as well.

Only available to my wife!

Shoot. Don't think I'm going to convince my lady to do that for me.

As long as you use them for things that are $8 and above.

Ah. Got it.
I'm sure we've had this conversation before.

No need, as you will see.

Oh? Standing by.

We functioned later, just maybe not as efficiently! ;)

I think they poked it with a fork so that it wouldn't puff quite so much. I have a tart recipe where you do that to the center so that the edges puff up and the middle where you put the tomatoes and cheese is more flat.

so that's how! Okay!

No, it was pretty big. The sausage was about 3 inches in diameter. It was quite a few bites. The sausage was just a little smaller than the base of the wine glasses. It was a healthy portion.

Ah. Looked smaller in the photo.

Hmmm......thanks for the link. That would be a special occasion wine for me. Generally that's how much I pay for 5 liters of my house wine!

Oh, really. You get good discounts then, yes?
Or maybe prices are just that much different from ours.

You'll have to fight off Fran!

She's probably stronger, but I'm quick! (when I haven't thrown out my back)

I've been to a few places that he's featured on the show and they've all been pretty good!

I've been to a few and only one was a disappointment.

I had already missed my Mission Space FP when we left at 10:10, but I did have TT at 10:20. We waited the full 20 minutes as the Epcot bus didn't get there until 10:30. After making the SSR loop we got to Epcot at 10:55.

I made it through security and to TT at 11:14, six minutes to spare!

20 minutes in the security line! :faint:

I designed my car with nothing but power and fashion involved.

Very sparkly!

Probably a wise choice.

Hey, look at that! I'd probably eat that.:rotfl2:

Back in the room, I crawled right into bed noticing that it was almost 5PM. When I woke at 7:30PM I was so disoriented I didn't know if it was morning or night. We had talked about getting dinner at Disney Springs if we were up to it, but Fran was the voice of reason this time. We had the bag o Caesar salad in the fridge and I had the makings for grilled cheese. She ate another half of the Roast beef sandwiches to hold her over while I made the rest of dinner.

Seems like it was a calm, relaxing day. Nothing wrong with that.

My car won three out of four tests, only losing the second one, and overall I got 1st place.

Wow, that is what I call result. It looks pretty cool, too.

I would have been all over this. I love anything with goats cheese. The rest of the menu looked pretty good to me, too apart from the fish.

Corinna

WE did the same lunch just a week (and 2 days) later than you. The menu as you know was significantly different, except the first pastry dish was very similar as was the Lillet wine, and of course they used the little pot for the main course. We also got extremely drunk - hard not to with 3 hours of free pours - I think I probably had 12-15 glasses of wine myself. We actually bummed an uber ride with our tablemates - who were ubering from BCV over to Animal Kingdom. We slipped the driver an extra $10 to drop us at AKV - which was probably overly generous. While I wasn't so drunk that I don't remember the trip, I do have to say I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow in our room, and when I woke up two hours later I was still drunk - which is a pretty rare event for sure. DW still talks about how much she enjoyed that meal - I don't know for sure if we will do it again next year or try a different one, but it certainly would be hard to top. You've done a lot more of these than we have - is this your favorite?

That meal was fabulous! How nice that they were generous with the wine!

Your French lunch looked divine, and how lovely about the generous pours.

I’m pretty sure it was even in the 40s that week, with some nights dipping into the 30s. It was way too cold!

Fran had an excellent idea, sometimes its so nice just to have a calm evening in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!