The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

I woke up just before 4AM and my body really hurt, so much that it didn't want to go back to sleep.

Yuck. That sounds awful.

I also had a cup of coffee, guess I forgot to take pictures, well it's just coffee and V8, I could probably dig up an old one if you really wanted to see it.

I think I can figure it out.

There were no delays on the monorail

WHAT???? Go buy a lottery ticket!

Behold the Strawberry soup! Fran had me bring her a bowl of this right off.

Shocking. Truly, it's shocking.

You notice how my plates are all stacked on top of each other. I was not impressed with our server who didn’t clear any of my plates.

Yeah, I can see where that would become very inconvenient.

Just as we walked onto Main Street the Vamos Parade was going on so we stopped to watch for a bit.

There's a "Vamos" parade? I guess that goes to show how little I pay attention to the parades.

Yummy breakfast popcorn:: Great character pictures :)

It's annoying at first about the bag checks, but really nice not to have to do it at MK gates now.

We needed to be out the door early this morning because it was Strawberry Soup day!
WOOT!

I am caught up, but making a quick pass at all the threads I'm on rather than doing a HUGE multi quote on every one. But, a DID notice several things from brekkie: corned beef hash- YUM!; cheese blintzes: YUMMER!; biscuits and gravy: YUMMIEST!

Someday...

Yes, security at EPCOT just super sucks. I don't get it! The lines are consistently 10 times longer there than any other park.

Good to finally be back reading again! :)

:hug:

I woke up just before 4AM and my body really hurt, so much that it didn't want to go back to sleep. I did some deep tissue massage on my forearms, and then did some heavy stretching for my thighs and calves, and eventually my chronically injured shoulder.

I was sorry to read that you had such a rough night.

Breakfast looked great again, but that is really not on that they did not clear the used plates.

The parade looked very cute.

Corinna

That sounds perfect! I'll let you know when I know. Not being able to plan is painful.

Well at least we've worked out a basic plan....unless it changes on Thursday. :laughing:

Just open a window!

Well "a window" is all we can open! There is only one with a screen! :laughing:

:faint:
That is not a lazy day!

Which is why I didn't bother to find a picture of V8 and a bowl of cereal!

I'm not sure. I fly into LAX, so the time I land vs the time I get to LB could be a bit apart. ;)

I think we've mostly worked this one out.

Hmmm... so we should both try them. :)

Someday, they're not that high on my list. There's a bunch of things I'm craving before that. Besides I don't even know what dinner will be tonight!

Pretty much every home here does.

Yeah, same with New England where my Grandparents lived.

Yuck. That sounds awful.

For whatever reason I'm slightly used to muscle pain, which is why I knew what muscles to work.

I think I can figure it out.

Good for you! :thumbsup2

Shocking. Truly, it's shocking.

::yes::

Yeah, I can see where that would become very inconvenient.

I was surprised to have bad service at Disney. That almost never happens!

There's a "Vamos" parade? I guess that goes to show how little I pay attention to the parades.

Well as @pkondz and I seem to have worked out, it's the Move it! Shake it parade. I just never pay attention to parades unless they are electrified and at night, so every time I saw it the word "Vamos" was on the display screen. I just assumed it was the "Vamos" parade! :laughing:

Yummy breakfast popcorn:: Great character pictures :)

It's annoying at first about the bag checks, but really nice not to have to do it at MK gates now.

Boy, would I love to do that breakfast again about now! There's fun ones at DL, but not quite that one.

I'm loving the new bag check at DL (except when the lines are long), but once yoyre in, you're in and no more bag check when you go back and forth from DL to DTD to DCA.

WOOT!

I am caught up, but making a quick pass at all the threads I'm on rather than doing a HUGE multi quote on every one. But, a DID notice several things from brekkie: corned beef hash- YUM!; cheese blintzes: YUMMER!; biscuits and gravy: YUMMIEST!

Someday...

I'm probably going to have to do the same with yours as you've posted several updates including a major life one. And I noticed you just put up another that I need read when I'm done here.

Yes, security at EPCOT just super sucks. I don't get it! The lines are consistently 10 times longer there than any other park.

Good to finally be back reading again! :)

:hug:

Yeah, I don't know what's up with Epcot security. They have a ton of lines and still it's always backed up.

I hope you're starting to reacclimate to life at home...I need to check out the email you sent me.

I was sorry to read that you had such a rough night.

I'm sort of used to it, doesn't happen all the time, but with all the furniture and boxes we move, it happens somewhat often.

Breakfast looked great again, but that is really not on that they did not clear the used plates.

It was very tasty. I usually expect better service from Disney.

The parade looked very cute.

Since I'm not a big parade person, I'm glad it was short!

Well "a window" is all we can open! There is only one with a screen! :laughing:

Door it is.

Which is why I didn't bother to find a picture of V8 and a bowl of cereal!

I think we've mostly worked this one out.

We have? Oh, good!

Someday, they're not that high on my list. There's a bunch of things I'm craving before that. Besides I don't even know what dinner will be tonight!

Last night I bought... a $75 bone on, prime rib roast.

God it was good. Was even better tonight.

Don't know where yet... for sure... but plenty of time to iron that out. :)

I like the Crab Pot!

Half that. Almost exactly.

:eek: We buy them when they are $4.77 per lb. Usually a 5lb roast runs us about $25. And then they last for at least 2-3 more meals for the two of us.

Choice Rib?

Well in the US there are designations. Prime, almost only available in restaurants and Costco. Choice, the only beef carried by Ralph's supermarket where I shop. Select, the lowest grade, and then there is upgraded beef. You get that at Food 4 Less. Since I get my standing rib roasts at Ralph's they are choice beef not prime.

I like the Crab Pot!

Me too! But I may be outvoted! :)

:eek: We buy them when they are $4.77 per lb. Usually a 5lb roast runs us about $25. And then they last for at least 2-3 more meals for the two of us.

This one was..... more.

Well in the US there are designations. Prime, almost only available in restaurants and Costco. Choice, the only beef carried by Ralph's supermarket where I shop. Select, the lowest grade, and then there is upgraded beef. You get that at Food 4 Less. Since I get my standing rib roasts at Ralph's they are choice beef not prime.

Ah! Okay, following you now. This was Prime. It's from a local butcher not far from where I live. Never been disappointed with the cuts there, but.... not cheap, either.

Me too! But I may be outvoted! :)

By who? That night it might be just me, you and Fran. I think Liesa wants to spend some time with her family locally. I know we are talking about Friday night dinner in Anaheim, but I believe it's just the three of us Thursday.

This one was..... more.

I don't doubt it....

Ah! Okay, following you now. This was Prime. It's from a local butcher not far from where I live. Never been disappointed with the cuts there, but.... not cheap, either.

I was just at the store where we purchased the first two of our Rib Roasts for the next year. Prime was either $19.99 a pound for bone in or $24.99 a pound for dry aged boneless roast. I got my two two-bone roasts for like $4.77 per lb. They were less than $25 each and the list price was like $75 "without Club Card". Now we're off to a different store to get two more as there was a limit of one per person!

Before I get to this next update I thought I'd let you folks in on what's been going on around here. When we left on this trip, we had three vacant apartments. Two were on the market and one was being fixed back up (smelled like cigarette smoke, really bad in the Master bedroom). :crazy2: Well we are down to one vacant apartment and it's the one that they were fixing up while we were gone! Still haven't cleaned out the front unit, but we did sell one of the four pieces of furniture that are listed on eBay and Craigslist. The folks came by and picked it up and we did some tossing, packing up, and the like while waiting for them to arrive and while they carried out the furniture. We're hoping to get the contractor in there close to the New Year.

You also may know that we have been hoping to get a new car for a few years now, and it might be happening before the end of the year. With all the incentives that the are offering to get their numbers up, we might be able to get 0.00% financing on a spiffy new model of a Ford Escape. We'll see if that turns out.

The kittens are growing and all of them are nice and healthy. They just finished their kitten plan and have all their shots and stuff. They have a Pre-op appointment next month to get them all set up for the spay and neutering. My little Tesla (who's actually the biggest boy of the bunch) looks at them as they wrassle and play with envy. He's tried to play with the two spunky Ginger colored cats, but since he's three times their size, they're still not quite sure what to make of him. He is playing very gently though (cause you should see him when he lays into his sister/cousin, the other cat that came with him!) Natasha (momma to the kittens) has already gone into a cycle of heat since giving birth so she has an appointment next week to finish up her shots and get her a pre-op for spaying so we don't go through this again!

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or I hope that you had a Happy Hannukah, and whatever else you might celebrate, I hope that you aired all your grievances for Festivus, and not sure about Kwanza, but I hope that's Happy too for all who celebrate!

Now back to the TR!

Day 4 (continued)

We had some time to kill before our FP+ with what was supposed to be talking Mickey. So we looked in a few shops and then headed over to the queue when our FP window opened.

z17FW1028MK09.jpg

z17FW1028MK10.jpg

z17FW1028MK11.jpg

z17FW1028MK12.jpg

z17FW1028MK13.jpg

z17FW1028MK14.jpg

z17FW1028MK15.jpg

z17FW1028MK16.jpg

z17FW1028MK17.jpg

They said the weather made him have to save his voice for shows and such so he wasn't talking. I was slightly bummed, but we had met talking Mickey at the Studios a while back when he was first introduced so I wasn't that upset.

We checked out a few more stores. There was a special dress designed for the holidays that had been released in a dress shop in DTD CA that I did not have time to pick up before we left, but they didn't seem to have it here. I asked and they said that they would not have Christmas merchandise until November 1st. Not sure if we would make it here on that day. Have to hope that DTD in CA isn't sold out when we get back. (It wasn't and I got it before Thanksgiving weekend.)

Our next FP was for 7DMT, and since Fran doesn't ride it, I got to go twice!

z17FW1028MK18.jpg

z17FW1028MK19.jpg

Evidently I knew where the picture happened, but not where the camera was!

z17FW1028MK20.jpg

It was still another half an hour until my FP+ for PP. It was getting humid and rain was eminent so we headed out through the jewelry store, Disneyana, and the candy shop. They were giving samples of caramel apples and that was unfortunate. I had never had one before and it was really good. Now that is a treat you can argue is healthy since there is an apple underneath the caramel!

I took a few random shots before heading to the bus stop.

z17FW1028MK21.jpg

z17FW1028MK22.jpg

z17FW1028MK23.jpg

We headed out to the bus stop and it didn't take long for the bus to arrive. I didn't time it. It wasn't quick, but it wasn't excessive. When we got back to the room just before 3PM Fran passed out immediately. We had a dinner reservation in Epcot and I was determined to catch up a little but on the DIS, so I spent an hour posting before I succumbed to sleepiness and laid down for a nap. I got about an hour of sleep in before I woke up and tried to see how bad the rain was going to be.

At first it was just a slight drizzle, but by the time we actually got going to Epcot for our dinner reservation it was a definite drizzle. The bus dropped us off at 6:40 and while it wasn't cold out, it was somewhat wet. Since I had given up my FP for Mission Space two days in a row, I wanted to ride it that night. I got there at 6:53. The posted wait was 30 minutes for Orange Team, but I was off the ride by 7:11 and on my way to Mexico for our dinner.

I got the San Angel Inn Margarita and it was good.

z17FW1028MX01.jpg

We split queso for the table.

z17FW1028MX02.jpg

Fran and I got carnitas tacos.

z17FW1028MX03.jpg

M got Chicken enchiladas and Michael got the combination plate with chile relleno, short ribs and chicken enchilada, but I didn't get any pictures. We all declined dessert as we were too stuffed.

They were leaving the next day to continue their adventure after a full day at a different park than us, so we said our goodbyes. It was raining now. Not pouring but enough that Fran put on the one poncho we had and I decided to just brave the elements. We had plastic bags covering our tillers and scooter bags, so we were sheltered (or so we thought). I told Fran that I didn't need a poncho, I would just go fast and beat the rain. So I sped on to future world and since it was raining the crowds were light and I made it under the golf ball to shelter. I decided to put on Fran's hoodie as the rain had started to come down harder. I expected to see Fran coming along right behind me, and when she didn't I picked up the phone to call her. She was calling me. She had gotten lost in the dark, her scooter had stalled and she had no idea where she was. She could see Mouse Gears, but was nowhere near the store. After driving all over the place, I finally found her down one of the little paths on the way to Imagination and the Land. I pushed her “reset” button and we were back in business. I told her that I thought her scooter was wearing out. When she first got it, hers could go twice as fast as mine. She said it's because I've lost weight and she's gained weight, but she uses hers a lot more than I do. I only use mine at WDW and long days at DL, so hers gets a lot more wear and tear.

Regardless, we made it to the bus stop and this time our bus mojo was spot on. The bus pulled up just as we arrived and we were happy to get inside a dry bus. While the driver tied down our scoots, other passengers showed up and the bus filled up some. We made it back to the room and I put my over shirt and her hoodie in the dryer and they were dry in about 10 minutes. We chalked the scooter mishap up to the rain and a lack of charge and never gave it a second thought. She went right to sleep, but I stayed up for a little catching up on some of your TRs.

Since we declined dessert the night before, I felt like something sweet, but not cookies or caramel, which is what we had. I settled on a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and that hit the spot. I was ready for bed right around midnight.

How did I not know you are getting a new car? I love the Escapes!

Ciute cute pics with Mickey.

I like cereal for dessert too. Lucky Charms are my favorite with whole milk.

See ya Christmas Day. At 11 or 10:30 or 10. :lmao:

Oh no! Is there more scooter trouble in your future?

Happy Christmas to you as well!

The real life updates sound really promising. I hope everything falls into place for you.

They said the weather made him have to save his voice for shows and such so he wasn't talking.

I have read a lot recently that Mickey was not talking. Fortunately he always talked when I was there.

Oh no about Fran getting lost and her scooter playing up. I am glad that you managed to fix it and got back to the bus.

I wish Fran and you a magical Christmas.

Corinna

I think you are being very ominous with what is going to end up happening with your scooter. That is no fun!

Sorry Mickey didn't talk! We haven't visited him yet at Magic Kingdom (we've barely done MK the last few trips!).

Glad your meal was nice at San Angel!

By who? That night it might be just me, you and Fran. I think Liesa wants to spend some time with her family locally. I know we are talking about Friday night dinner in Anaheim, but I believe it's just the three of us Thursday.

We should probably think about getting everyone on the same email chain.
I thought Liesa was with us on Thursday and Friday was a girl's night out.

Yeah.... We, should probably all be on the same email.

I was just at the store where we purchased the first two of our Rib Roasts for the next year. Prime was either $19.99 a pound for bone in or $24.99 a pound for dry aged boneless roast. I got my two two-bone roasts for like $4.77 per lb. They were less than $25 each and the list price was like $75 "without Club Card". Now we're off to a different store to get two more as there was a limit of one per person!

Ah! Well, there you go. I think it was about 5lbs, so $75 doesn't sound so far off now.

Before I get to this next update I thought I'd let you folks in on what's been going on around here. When we left on this trip, we had three vacant apartments. Two were on the market and one was being fixed back up

Oh, good!
If you hadn't posted this, you were about to get an email asking what was going on. :)

Well we are down to one vacant apartment and it's the one that they were fixing up while we were gone!

Great news! I'm sure you are very relieved.

You also may know that we have been hoping to get a new car for a few years now,

Umm.... I'm not sure. I'm going to go with a very firm "maybe?"

we might be able to get 0.00% financing on a spiffy new model of a Ford Escape. We'll see if that turns out.

Nice! Good luck!

The kittens are growing and all of them are nice and healthy.

That was my next question.
You'd mentioned on my TR that you were at the vet.
I was going to ask if everything was okay.
Looks like it is. :)

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or I hope that you had a Happy Hannukah, and whatever else you might celebrate,

Merry Christmas Alison (and Fran! Say Merry Christmas to Fran too! and Kay specifically said to wish you a Merry Christmas.)

I hope that you aired all your grievances for Festivus,

At one of the specialties at work they have a Festivus pole. :laughing:

I'll read the update later, just came on to wish you a Merry Christmas!
I'll probably catch up tomorrow. :)

We had some time to kill before our FP+ with what was supposed to be talking Mickey.

I've never seen him. That's in the first building to the right as you enter the park, isn't it?

That's cool. Love that touch.

Awwwww.... :)

They said the weather made him have to save his voice for shows and such so he wasn't talking.

Uh, huh.

I want my money back!

I was slightly bummed, but we had met talking Mickey at the Studios a while back when he was first introduced so I wasn't that upset.

well... okay.

Have to hope that DTD in CA isn't sold out when we get back. (It wasn't and I got it before Thanksgiving weekend.)

Good!

Our next FP was for 7DMT, and since Fran doesn't ride it, I got to go twice!

Sweet. Maybe next time, Fran can come with me. ;)

Second last row. Beside the woman with the camera.
:eek: Zombies ride rides?

Evidently I knew where the picture happened, but not where the camera was!

:laughing: No! Alison! Over here!
(I have no idea where it is either.)

They were giving samples of caramel apples and that was unfortunate. I had never had one before and it was really good. Now that is a treat you can argue is healthy since there is an apple underneath the caramel!

I love caramel (and candy) apples.

Why unfortunate, though?

We headed out to the bus stop and it didn't take long for the bus to arrive. I didn't time it.

What???? What kind of TR writer are you! :rolleyes:

Fran passed out immediately

Didn't even make it to the bed, huh?

At first it was just a slight drizzle, but by the time we actually got going to Epcot for our dinner reservation it was a definite drizzle.

Which is better than an indefinite drizzle.

I got there at 6:53. The posted wait was 30 minutes for Orange Team, but I was off the ride by 7:11

Not bad at all! so.... zero wait (or close enough)

We split queso for the table.

Yum!

She had gotten lost in the dark, her scooter had stalled and she had no idea where she was.

:( Poor Fran. That doesn't sound like fun.

She said it's because I've lost weight and she's gained weight, but she uses hers a lot more than I do.

Hmm... could both reasons be accurate?
But I suspect usage is the main culprit.

The bus pulled up just as we arrived

Now that's more like it!

We chalked the scooter mishap up to the rain and a lack of charge and never gave it a second thought.

Oh, oh. Foreshadowing?

Since we declined dessert the night before, I felt like something sweet, but not cookies or caramel, which is what we had. I settled on a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and that hit the spot.

That's not dessert!!! Unless you ate it with ice cream. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!