The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Luckily we've never really had to. We follow the advice of the vets and they're usually honest about what they think they can cure and what they can't.

That's good. All of it.

Well i have another appt. tomorrow afternoon. We went to a seminar tjis mirning which gave me some good ideas.

Oh, great! On both fronts. Hope it goes.... even though I kinda want it.

This reminds me. I owe you my chicken Tikka Masala recipe. I may never make it again though. I found Sukki's version of it at Costco which was super good and so easy (cut open the bag and heat). My time is of the most importance lately.

Hmmm... Well, hold off then. I'll see if I can find it at our Costco.

Come join us over Labor Day. I belive there is a bathroom off the living room area. You can sleep on the couch. I know you can cook!

You know you're really tempting me, right?

And everything else that goes on a scooter.

So..... you're saying maybe it's time for a new one.

I try to ship everything ground. Cheaper and I'm never in that big of a hurry.

Ditto.
Just ordered a couple things off Amazon. "Free" shipping (with Prime membership... which ain't so free... and I don't buy enough there to interest me.) or a week or two free.

Take your time. Two weeks is fine.

Burgers are not often high priorities unless 1. I made it, 2. Or it comes from Dale's Diner or another killer burger joint. So often we have to eat drice through burgers and they're filling but nothing to write home about.

Dale's Diner you say? Best shakes in Long Beach, huh? Thanks for the tip! :goodvibes

You better go soon!

:( Poop. No plans at all this year.

Only twice, first time with Jo, we went at park opening and still waited 90 minutes but so worth it, and the inside queue is very well done.

Yikes! 90 minutes is a long time, but at least you had good company! :goodvibes

Second time I somehow snagged a FP for mom and I earlier this month. Someone must have just canceled one, I had been checking constantly.

I bet. Thats probabaly the only way they open up.

My favorite ride is still Guardians.

Mine too at DL.

Did you hear they’re making a Guardians ride in Epcot, where Ellen was? No idea what its going to be but I’m excited!

I did. Its going to be a rollercoaster. Either the longest or fastest. I can't remember which.

Also the Ratatouille ride, both in 2021 I think.

I haven't heard about this. Is it like the one in Paris?

I have sooo been there with a dying root and needing a root canal and crown- the pain is seriously comparable to to labour contractions!

I can't speak for the labor contractions! :laughing:

Happy to hear your little kittie is on the mend...animals, we love em' but they are pricey sometimes.

And time consuming.....

Wow you had a good ride on the safari as far as animal viewing! So many good photos!

Thanks!

Fingers crossed for the apartment!

Me too!

Yikes! 90 minutes is a long time, but at least you had good company! :goodvibes

Indeed! Time goes by fast when you’re chatting. I’d really like to see that inside queue again at some point too.

I bet. Thats probabaly the only way they open up.

It seems resort stays with the 60 day window people don’t have a hard time getting them?

Mine too at DL.

I’ve been trying to figure out when I get get back there, timings are difficult this year but I’m hoping for next year.

I did. Its going to be a rollercoaster. Either the longest or fastest. I can't remember which.

Oooohhhhh! Cool!!!

I haven't heard about this. Is it like the one in Paris?

From what I read it will be the same. I’m so excited :)

I can imagine! Poor kitty.

Now if we could only get her to take her meds.

That I did, my friend. YOu're doing well.

Thanks! :teeth:

Niiiice!!!! Schnitzel for everyone!

I don't know if that's what they're making, but I would be happy with that!

OH who doesn't love a long, boring day with no pay? LOL!

That's practically every day for me, without the boring!

yeah, sadly, that's not one I overly love. I'll go on it, but can only do it onc

I'm sad I might not get to ride it again.

Even with the fake cheese sauce? How did I not know this?!

It's been a long time since we've eaten there, so I'm not exactly sure.

:( That's not good. Hope he starts feeling better soon.

He's feeling all better. They didn't tell us that the meds had to be given with food. Once we started doing that, he kept it down and it started to heal him.

10% is better than 110%.

True.

You have no idea how tempting that is. :)

It would be a loooooooong commute.

That's good. All of it.

::yes::

Oh, great! On both fronts. Hope it goes.... even though I kinda want it.

Didn't I mention that it would be a long commute?

Hmmm... Well, hold off then. I'll see if I can find it at our Costco.

Well, let me know, it's not hard to copy and paste....besides the Instant Pot version one was better, the chicken was more tender, it was just more work than open the bag and heat.

You know you're really tempting me, right?

I'm sure we would love to have you join us. Especially since I know you can cook! Everyone in the group is "the more the merrier kind" of folks, so I'm sure you would be welcome!

So..... you're saying maybe it's time for a new one.

Pretty much, yes.

Ditto.
Just ordered a couple things off Amazon. "Free" shipping (with Prime membership... which ain't so free... and I don't buy enough there to interest me.) or a week or two free.

Take your time. Two weeks is fine.

Fran tells me that we order enough that Prime is worth our while. I don't doubt her from the amount of packages that appear outside our door.

Dale's Diner you say? Best shakes in Long Beach, huh? Thanks for the tip! :goodvibes

I'm guessing you googled it. I'm thinking you might really enjoy this place for Saturday night dinner. It's far enough away from the Race Track that you wouldn't have to wait for a table or be impacted by drunk race patrons (as they don't serve beer, wine or liquor). It's my favorite place for a great burger, and onion rings. I haven't tried their shakes, but I would believe them that they are great. Just don't get the fried chicken, I think they use banquet frozen chicken, but if you stick to their burgers you won't be disappointed!

:( Poop. No plans at all this year.

Bummer, there's always Labor Day weekend!

I think this is what it probably was. I was just told that they had one train with a car at the end and did we want to ride in this, which we very happily agreed to.

I'm pretty sure thats what it was. Im reading a TR with some Canadians who hit all three Asian parks in one trip and the boyfriend got fed up with the ride vehicles so the rode in the car their last few times on the ride.

I did not understand this either. If it was both, I could have understood this.

Yeah, thats wierd.

Indeed! Time goes by fast when you’re chatting. I’d really like to see that inside queue again at some point too.

I'm guessing with the FP that i didnt see much of the queue.

It seems resort stays with the 60 day window people don’t have a hard time getting them?

I had a hard time. I couldn't get a FP until six days into my trip.

I’ve been trying to figure out when I get get back there, timings are difficult this year but I’m hoping for next year.

Let me know well in advance when you're thinking, cause I'll make reservations out there as well.

Oooohhhhh! Cool!!!

::yes::

From what I read it will be the same. I’m so excited :)

I did a virtual ride at Imagineering, it was cool.

Now if we could only get her to take her meds.

I"m sure you've tried ALL the tricks, but did cheese not work?

I don't know if that's what they're making, but I would be happy with that!

good point! Anything Austrian or German works for me!

I'm sad I might not get to ride it again.

Why, Alison?

It's been a long time since we've eaten there, so I'm not exactly sure.

Might have to take a quick look see in October.

I"m sure you've tried ALL the tricks, but did cheese not work?

They're all liquid meds. Fran won't just squirt it down her throat. She does it slowly amd lets her sip it all. Its just that she struggles so much, Fran is a softy and doesn't want to stress her out.

good point! Anything Austrian or German works for me!

Me too! We need to go back to our favorite German restaurant. It's been a while.

Why, Alison?

Well nothing official for DHS's version, but Paris's version is getting a super hero Marvel Makeover. I guess I'll have an opportunity to ride it in September. They probably won't close it until Star Wars land opens.

Might have to take a quick look see in October.

Let me know!

Nothing new on the IRL front, other than we had a freakin’ blast over the weekend. It was rainy and cold, the weather sucked, but we were on a total first name basis with the club level staff at the Grand! All of us have some detoxing to do this week! :laughing:

As we left Animal Kingdom, we decided to take a bus to the Beach Club and enter through the International Gateway. Then we would eat our way to the front of the park via the kiosks. We still had six of the little tabs on our F&W festival pass. We had technically only sampled stuff from two of the F&W kiosks all week. Between scooter problems, fantastically filling F&W lunches, and our desire to see the new features at AK, we did not get to visit the F&W kiosks in the manner I had hoped.

As we entered Epcot, a problem arose when Fran's rental scooter was almost out of battery. We found a plug in France in a hall near the parfumerie, and plugged it in and she rode my scooter.

Our first stop was in Belgium for the waffle with Berry Compote.

z17FW1101EP01.jpg

z17FW1101EP02.jpg

One of my favorites!

z17FW1101EP03.jpg

Then I used a tab for a Capirania in Brazil.

z17FW1101EP04.jpg

z17FW1101EP05.jpg

z17FW1101EP06.jpg

We picked up the scooter and it had charged a tiny bit, so I rode the rental now. We crossed over the bridge and went to Ireland.

z17FW1101EP07.jpg

z17FW1101EP08.jpg

We got the sausages, which were fabulous! I wasn't sad that these replaced the Fisherman's Pie, it had gone down in flavor in my eyes and these were a welcome replacement.

z17FW1101EP10.jpg

We also got the warm chocolate pudding which was now twice the size of the original. It was tasty and chocolatey, but not as molten as it had been in the past. We ate it all nonetheless.

z17FW1101EP09.jpg

I used another tab for a Kahlua-tini and it was as good as I remembered, but not nearly as potent.

z17FW1101EP11.jpg

Our second to last stop was the cheese studio.

z17FW1101EP12.jpg

z17FW1101EP13.jpg

We got the beef stroganoff, and the cheese, onions and fines herbs tart.

z17FW1101EP14.jpg

Both were way bigger than I expected. The beef was very good, it was tender and the spaetzle that it was on top of was tasty. The sauce was also yummy.

The Cheese tart, not so much. The pastry was good, but the filling had an odd texture. I used one of the tabs to get a glass of wine to go along with the savory items, probably not the best use as it was only $6.50, but time was running out.

Throughout the day I had been texting Scott of “Scott and Vinny” and when I went to get the chocolate at the Chocolate Studio, I found them looking for us in the area.

z17FW1101EP15.jpg

z17FW1101EP16.jpg

At chocolate studio I got the liquid nitrogen almond tart, it was cool how they made it. They took a spoonful of the chocolate goo.

z17FW1101EP17.jpg

Then they would dip it in the nitrogen.

z17FW1101EP18.jpg

And this is what you got.

z17FW1101EP19.jpg

I also got the raspberry chocolate torte which was incredibly rich.

z17FW1101EP20.jpg

I used another tab for a glass of Rosa Regale. This made up for the wine as this was $10 per glass.

We chatted with Scott and Vinny for half an hour to 45 minutes while they searched on their phone apps for an available dinner reservation. They were able to snag Coral reef at 6:45, and it was just after 6PM.

I used our last two tabs for a couple glasses of wine, the Goldie Chardonnay.

z17FW1101EP21.jpg

z17FW1101EP22.jpg

Fran and I were stuffed and starting to fade, plus I had to do most of the suitcase packing. I had one suitcase packed with the Nautilus, but I still had the other three suitcases to finish.

Fran went right to sleep, but not before telling me what she was going to wear on the plane. I packed pretty much everything else, except for all the pins she had bought and listed on eBay in the middle of the nights. Then I took my last bath of the trip and faded off to sleep listening to Stephen Colbert’s monologue.

Sounds like you had a great time eating your way through the kiosks (and drinking!!). Also happy to hear that you had a great weekend at the West Coast version of this!

Well nothing official for DHS's version, but Paris's version is getting a super hero Marvel Makeover. I guess I'll have an opportunity to ride it in September. They probably won't close it until Star Wars land opens.

Actually, the concept art they released for the massive Walt Disney Studios Paris redo shows the original ToT, not a Marvel version one. The Marvel area starts just behind it. The Paris RnRC will be turned into a Marvel themed coaster and there will be an attraction that they are building in Hong Kong coming to Paris. But that is all the Marvel there as far as I know.

It would be a loooooooong commute.

Not if I lived there for oh... 6 months of the year....
Could sub-lease the other 6?

Didn't I mention that it would be a long commute?

Didn't I mention the 6 months part? ;)

Well, let me know, it's not hard to copy and paste....besides the Instant Pot version one was better, the chicken was more tender, it was just more work than open the bag and heat.

Then go ahead and copy and paste. I don't mind a bit more work than opening a bag! :)

I'm sure we would love to have you join us. Especially since I know you can cook! Everyone in the group is "the more the merrier kind" of folks, so I'm sure you would be welcome!

:laughing: I'll think on that!

Fran tells me that we order enough that Prime is worth our while. I don't doubt her from the amount of packages that appear outside our door.

Sure. Makes sense for you guys. I get that. Not for me. I order from Amazon maybe... 1-2 times a year.

I'm guessing you googled it. I'm thinking you might really enjoy this place for Saturday night dinner. It's far enough away from the Race Track that you wouldn't have to wait for a table or be impacted by drunk race patrons (as they don't serve beer, wine or liquor). It's my favorite place for a great burger, and onion rings. I haven't tried their shakes, but I would believe them that they are great. Just don't get the fried chicken, I think they use banquet frozen chicken, but if you stick to their burgers you won't be disappointed!

Ew on the chicken. Hard pass.

The rest sounds good. I don't know if I'll get the chance, but it's on my list. :)

Nothing new on the IRL front, other than we had a freakin’ blast over the weekend. It was rainy and cold, the weather sucked, but we were on a total first name basis with the club level staff at the Grand! All of us have some detoxing to do this week! :laughing:

Sounds like you had fun!

As we left Animal Kingdom, we decided to take a bus to the Beach Club and enter through the International Gateway.

::yes:: I've done that at least once... I like it. No lines. At least not when I went through.

We had technically only sampled stuff from two of the F&W kiosks all week.

That's it?!??

As we entered Epcot, a problem arose when Fran's rental scooter was almost out of battery.

You guys are having zero luck with the scooters. Your TR title is very apropos.

Our first stop was in Belgium for the waffle with Berry Compote.

mmmm.... sounds good...

Looks good, too.
Was it?

Then I used a tab for a Capirania in Brazil.

How was that? Do you think I'd like it?

We crossed over the bridge and went to Ireland.

Nice! I have to fly across the Atlantic. You have a bridge!

We got the sausages, which were fabulous! I wasn't sad that these replaced the Fisherman's Pie, it had gone down in flavor in my eyes and these were a welcome replacement.

Whoa. Those look really good. <mouth starts to water>

We also got the warm chocolate pudding which was now twice the size of the original. It was tasty and chocolatey, but not as molten as it had been in the past. We ate it all nonetheless.

So bigger isn't always better. Huh.

We got the beef stroganoff

Not a fan of stroganoff. Maybe the sour cream? Not sure.

and the cheese, onions and fines herbs tart.

That looks... difficult to eat.

I used one of the tabs to get a glass of wine to go along with the savory items, probably not the best use as it was only $6.50, but time was running out.

Then again... better to use it (you say you were running out of time) than to have it at the end, unused.

At chocolate studio I got the liquid nitrogen almond tart, it was cool how they made it. They took a spoonful of the chocolate goo.

Then they would dip it in the nitrogen.

And this is what you got.

Cool!

I had one suitcase packed with the Nautilus

Well, I'm glad you had a great time!

As we entered Epcot, a problem arose when Fran's rental scooter was almost out of battery.

You can almost cut and paste that sentence into each chapter.

Food looks yummy! I think the Ireland booth would have been a big hit with my clan.

I'm guessing with the FP that i didnt see much of the queue.

You see part of it through some windows but not very much.

Let me know well in advance when you're thinking, cause I'll make reservations out there as well.

I will. That will be awesome :hyper:

I did a virtual ride at Imagineering, it was cool.

From the first time Corinna talked about it I’ve wanted to go to DLP. This will be much closer. :)

The new rental had a problem with the batteries??? :faint: too much!

Lots of yummies. Mom loved that cheese tart, I’m surprised you didn’t like it. That nitro chocolate truffle is my absolute favorite popcorn::

Glad you could spend some time with your friends. Lucky they found an ADR.

Mmm, I'm drooling a bit looking at the food pics.

I had so much fun this weekend despite the weather!!!

Jill in CO

Wow... rough month for the health of you and your feline family. I hope everyone is doing much better by now.

Not a bad day with a couple of rides on FOP and some F&W. I'm really starting to come around and believe that AK is very underrated for QS food. I really like Restaurantosaurus but it is hard to even make a case for it against Flame Tree and Satulii Canteen.

fantastically filling F&W lunches

They did all look incredibly filling! And oh so delicious!

No. Way! ;)

I wasn't sad that these replaced the Fisherman's Pie, it had gone down in flavor in my eyes and these were a welcome replacement.

I was sad it was gone. I reallly loved it the year before, but only had that one to compare to, so wouldn't have known it'd gone downhill. I need to try and make it myself.

The beef was very good, it was tender and the spaetzle that it was on top of was tasty. The sauce was also yummy.

Okay... Yum!

$10 a glass for a thimbleful?

Good Lord.

:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter