The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Thanks so much for your report! Just to reiterate from our 2 week stay. We emphatically did not want to be in Cascades. Since Fountains 1 was not available, we requested and received Springs Building 5 on a Saturday check-in. We rent from owners, and this was not a deeded rental. We were the only ones in our entire building, so it seems like they are going above and beyond to honor specific requests. Since we do not mind walking, we requested Springs, pond-view, third floor (for the skylight) and were very happy it was granted!

The resort is beautiful with very mature landscaping. I do like the oasis like feel of the Falls, Spa, Springs and Palms phases. It seemed like they were putting almost all the guests into Cascades except perhaps those that actually owned and were staying on their ownership weeks in the other phases. Very few cars around some of the other phases.

{/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great reports @dioxide45, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

I agree that the Spa Super Pool doesn't seem to be anything special in features. In normal times it is a favorite hangout for teens and young adults. Zimmies bar keeps the drinks flowing, there is sometimes a DJ spinning tunes, and usually an active pick up game of pool volleyball. The fact that there is no shallow end keeps the little kids away, which is 'super' for a lot of folks as well. In normal times it has more to do with the atmosphere than the features.

Our kids (not really kids anymore) like hanging out there, and we'll sometimes grab a sunny table for lunch at Zimmie's although we (the parents) tend to prefer lounging at a quieter pool (often Courts or Falls). That is one thing we love about the resort; someone really took some time to think about the different types of guests and there is something to cater to everyone.

We were at Sheraton Vistana Resort Sept 25 thru October 2 (booked on an Interval International Getaway). We stayed in the Spa section in a two story building and absolutely loved our stay there - very large and spacious. We had a pond view from our second floor unit. We were close to a Cascade building and that building had quite a few cars in the parking lot. We never saw or heard anyone in our building. If they were there, they were quiet! The pools were slightly more crowded on the weekends and very quiet during the week days. I love this resort. The green space is wonderful and the staff are superb. On a funny note - we had to knock down some cobwebs in the shower corners (no one staying there and using the shower for a while I am assuming).

Last edited:
One other observation I noted during our stay is that this resort really lacks a lot of nice sitting areas. Most of the sections surround nice ponds or lakes, but there is seldom a bench or a hammock to sit or lie down in. I think I saw a hammock over in Falls. There are also several gazebos but not always a bench in them. Also no benches that I could really find when walking throughout Cascades unless I was near a set of gas grills. Outside of the pool areas, there really isn't a place to sit and take in this beautiful property. Just some simple park benches spread around the resort would do the trick.

Look for recommendations on which bldg to request. we will be booking 2 - 2bdrm units. 4 adults, 2 teens and a 2 yr old. about 4-5 yrs ago we stayed in cascades , wondering if the springs, courts or fountains would be better ?
We would like to be able to easily walk to pool and market

Look for recommendations on which bldg to request. we will be booking 2 - 2bdrm units. 4 adults, 2 teens and a 2 yr old. about 4-5 yrs ago we stayed in cascades , wondering if the springs, courts or fountains would be better ?
We would like to be able to easily walk to pool and market
Depends on when you are going. About half the resort is currently closed due to COVID-19 (sorry, resort says for refurbishment) so Fountains and Lakes are out. Most guests are being placed in Cascades right now. If you are looking for a villa in a lower density area you might request Spas. Close to pools and Marketplace. Courts is good too, but single beds in the 2nd bedroom (extra long beds). Springs would be a bit more of a walk to the Marketplace and the open pools.

We check in Dec 4, just wanted to keep up with everything going on. Anyone had any luck with an early check in or who I can contact to request one?

We check in Dec 4, just wanted to keep up with everything going on. Anyone had any luck with an early check in or who I can contact to request one?
There isn't really an early arrivals request process at the resort. They do their best to accommodate if you arrive early, but they do not generally guarantee. With extra cleaning protocols related to COVID, I would think that cleaning times for units are increased. OTOH, occupancy at the resort is reduced for the same reason, so there is a pretty good chance you can get into your villa early.

If your villa is not ready, you can still use the resort facilities until it is. Not sure if the porters and bag storage is in operation or not, don't recall seeing it listed in the resort status page.

The contact for the arrivals coordinator is linked in post#2 of this thread. You can always ask.

ETA: Just checked the status site (also linked on post #2), and it indicates that Valet service is currently closed.

Thank you. Our flight was canceled so we will be driving overnight. If we can't check in early I guess we will find a cheap hotel nearby and take a nap. I emailed Kayla. Just hoping for the best

Hey there everyone, I am long overdue to check in after our most recent stay (October 16th to 23rd), but better late than never....right? :o

We had a great trip, and an excellent stay in the Cascades section: we have now had the opportunity to experience 5 of the different sections of the resort (Fountains I, Fountains II, Lakes, Spas and Cascades). While the villa was smaller than our home section of Fountains, it was still plenty spacious enough for the two of us, and *sparkling* clean. The housekeeping team had detailed our unit top to bottom, and it smelled and looked super fresh. With all the virus concerns at that time (particularly in Florida) it was great to see the resort upping their game when it came to cleanliness.

Our biggest complaint (or perhaps "inconvenience" is a better word) was the lack of food options at the resort. Man, did we miss being able to grab food from the Tiki Bar or ANYWHERE, for that matter. Several restaurants adjacent to the resort on the 535 were closed (unsure of whether those closures were temporary or permanent), so that just added to the frustration when dinner time rolled around. I have read that Cascades Bar & Grill has reopened since our visit, albeit with limited hours but at least its a start. I will never take ordering pizza from the Tiki Bar for granted ever again!

We didn't end up using the pools a whole lot (only 3 times during our stay), and while we found the Cascades pool to be busy we just headed over to the Super Pool each time and literally had the whole thing to ourselves. Not sure if the other guests didn't realize the Super Pool was open (and so close by), or if the draw of the splash pad made it so families with littles just didn't want to leave.....but hey, it worked out beautifully for us. The Courts and Falls pools were also open, but we didn't bother to check out either one when the Super Pool was deserted.

One procedural change I did like (and was not aware of before arrival) was that they are asking only one person from each family to enter the welcome center to check in. There is a large sign outside requesting that the balance of each party wait in the car to limit the amount of people in the welcome center at any given time. As a result of the limited staffing, our stop for our parking pass (which is really an opportunity for the sales staff to try to sign us up for an "owners update"-a-la-sales-meeting) was super brief in comparison to the normal check-in where they sometimes don't take no quite so easily. The area where they usually have someone doing ticket sales was fully closed, and the a display of attraction brochures was off limits to guests. I don't know if they have other options for purchasing tickets at the resort, but I would arrive with park tickets already in hand just in case.

I have had a chance to chat with Kayla today by email in preparation for our next visit (3 weeks to go.....we arrive December 5th!) and she tells me that Fountains is scheduled to partially reopen by then, so we will have the opportunity to stay in our home section once again. Only buildings 1-8 are guaranteed to be ready by early December, but the Fountains pool will be open. Should be nice and quiet over there with such limited occupancy, which will make for a peaceful stay and hopefully an uncrowded pool. She also tells me that the interiors of those Fountains buildings have been "completely updated"....new furniture, appliances.....the whole kit and kaboodle. She tells me they are beautiful inside, so I am excited to see the transformation in person! (I just hope it doesn't come with a big ol' special assessment for 2021 :scared: .... especially when that would be x2 for us!).

I will, of course, take lots of photos of the newly refreshed Fountains interiors and share them with you all after our trip.....assuming, of course, we still get to go. This is not the year for taking anything for granted, and 3 weeks can make a big difference these days. Fingers crossed!

@kokomos , if you don't hear from Kayla for a few days, don't panic. She's headed to Boston and won't be back at SVR until next weekend. She may have already responded to you, but if not, I thought I would give you the heads up.

Kinda bummed I have t gotten a response from Kayla. I'm sure things are crazy there this week. Maybe they will have something ready in the Fountain section by Friday morning the 4th

Kinda bummed I have t gotten a response from Kayla. I'm sure things are crazy there this week. Maybe they will have something ready in the Fountain section by Friday morning the 4th

I haven't heard back from her either (not since I initially made contact with her on the 14th) so I sent her a follow up email tonight. I'll let you know if she responds. You check in on the 4th? Maybe we will be villa "neighbors" :). We arrive on the 5th.

That would be great. I've followed many of your post for a few years going back to your Christmas trip at Sea World and stayed in country inn and suites. I'm going to feel dumb if I'm thinking about wrong poster I'm thinking my only shot of an early check in following thanksgiving crowds will be if they open the fountains up Friday. Put a good word in for me ;-) I'll be a good neighbor

That would be great. I've followed many of your post for a few years going back to your Christmas trip at Sea World and stayed in country inn and suites. I'm going to feel dumb if I'm thinking about wrong poster I'm thinking my only shot of an early check in following thanksgiving crowds will be if they open the fountains up Friday. Put a good word in for me ;-) I'll be a good neighbor

Your memory doesn't fail you, that was me!

I will cross my fingers that they will be ready for December 4th check ins in Fountains (it would make sense to me that they will be, as Kayla talked about how nice the finished villas looked, so obviously some of those buildings must be "done" and ready for guests). If I'm able to get in touch with Kayla, I'll definitely ask her. I did receive an auto reply from my email to her tonight that says she is back in the office on November 25 (tomorrow) so hopefully she will get back to me soon.

Hey everyone! We are here now, checked in late yesterday just after 9 pm. We are in building 32 in Fountains on the top floor overlooking the pool area. We are the only ones in our whole buidling and maybe about one of 6 families on this whole side, based on the number of cars in the parking lot.

Everything in our Fountains villa has been redone. There are new fingerprint-resistant stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, brand new stackable wahser/dryer, all new carpet,, fresh paint throughout with seafoam/light teal accent walls, all new furniture (in the bedrooms, dining and living rooms), new patio doors and even new coffee makers, hair dryers, wall art and mirrors (the bathroom wall mirrors are all lighted....super nice). They literally took everything out and replaced it except for the tile, the bathroom fixtures and the cabinetry. They've gone with a much more modern style and the living room furniture especially is SO much more comfortable!

They are still working on several buildings. The two immediately adjacent to us are closed off.

The pool area has also been referred with new gazebo coverings in teal, as well as some new post flags.

I will post pics as soon as I resize them. But the resort has definitely used their Covid downtime well! As an owner, we are super impressed (especially since our maintenance fees stayed virtually the same for 2021).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter