The THYROID Thread

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by Christine, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Christine

Christine Would love to be able to sit on

Hello everyone! Good to read everyone's updates.

No bad weather here. We've avoided most storms that everyone up north got hit with. I did want just one. We did get a "snow day" for the high winds about 10 days ago. They were worse than most hurricanes we have and we did lose power.

Nothing much new here. Well, I did buy a new car. 2018 Toyota Camry. It's very boring. An old man car! I've been driving a VW Jetta that originally by DD bought, then said she didn't need since she was living in the city, but now would like back. So that swap has been done.

DS graduates in May and still is saying he'd like a Disney trip. I may just pay for him and his friend to go. He'd like all of us to go but I've got the almost-18 year old dog here and she cannot be left or boarded. I don't really want to go on my own with my son and his friend. So that's up in the air. I was a little bummed though that for the dates we want, the Shades of Green was all booked up (May). I usually don't have an issue with them, even relatively late in the game.

Not sure where else I could stay and was starting to look offsite. It's a work in progress.

2. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Have you looked at Coronado? The prices are reasonable because they are in the middle of a big room renovation, convention center addition, and the gondola installation. It's big and busy, but the new rooms are very nice. Only time I deal with offsite is when I'm staying at DD's. Otherwise, the transportation is my deal breaker. Of course, I just rented a car for this coming week for $550 and I should just uber and borrow DD's car!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Christine

I'll look into it. I was on the WDW site today and I didn't notice that it came up but I was having terrible internet speed at work so that wasn't going well. Thanks!

He did end up booking some flights from 10-15 May so now he's got to find a place to stay.

5. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Christine - we will miss you as we will probably do the 17-23.

The leg/foot saga continues. PCP didn't like how it looked. Took another picture for my chart. Ordered a stat ct scan. Got that done today, last patient. With contrast. Seeing the vascular surgeon stat Thurs. I don't like him but he is good medically. Saw him 2 years ago with the blood clot. They said elevate and use the compression stockings I have.

Tomm. we are having another snow storm. Ds3 will try to make it into the Hosp. We will be hit hard they say. winds again and at least 7 inches of snow.

Oh spring where are you.

6. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Well the leg/foot drama continues. The vascular surgeon said yes he sees my feet but the tests say I have good flow so its not a vascular problem.

Could possibly be a blood clot from the heart and that is why I have to go and have the echo. I will work that next week around dh schedule and the predicted new storms coming, sigh. Then I will get to the mammo, pulmonary function test and oh did I mention the resident who did my mini physical said I have cataracts in both eyes. I did notice the L eye is a little blurry. Always something, sigh. Add that to the list.

They are shipping a guy from Va up here so there is a target on dh back for sure. Supposedly this guy is the best in the world, better than dh and he does not like dh. I told dh not matter what happens we def. need good health ins. We can buy it off the state exchange but I dont know how good it is. There is also a rumor that this fall they will try to get rid of 100 people. The older you are the sooner they try to get rid of you. But dh is not ready to retire. Never a dull moment.

7. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

LMP - I just spent a week with DD - glorious weather and did NOT want to return north, but there's that pesky thing about hubby and dog still in NJ... :rotfl2:

Tried The Plaza in MK for the first time - they just went to reservations only. Food was decent and better than your average but the service was TERRIBLE.

Last time I was at the eye doctor he said I had the start of cataracts in both eyes. I am waiting for the surgery because you can't fly afterwards and I go back and forth to visit DD every month! lol

8. Christine

Hey everyone, hope all is well. SingingMom, I am SO jealous of the good weather you experienced!! I just need to be in Florida.

We finally got my son's room booked. He's staying at Hyatt Place in the Lake Buena Vista area. Got it on Priceline for about $30 off a night and he gets his "free" breakfast that he wanted. If he couldn't get a Disney resort, then he wanted an easy breakfast where he was staying. Also got free parking for his rental.

Just after I did all that, my DD tells me she miscalculated her leave and she thinks she has enough to go so now we may add on to the trip. Her times for flying are fairly limited though, due to her work schedule so I don't know if it will work out. Crazy but I feel like if *I* am going, I must go to the Shades of Green and get the park tickets. They are $130 cheaper PER PERSON. This means I need to get over to the SoG before they close at 7PM, yet DD can't leave in the morning. So, still working on that.

Otherwise, we finally got our snow in the DC area. It was only 4 inches but it came right at the *right* time to close down work. Well, I still had to work. It's laughable, really, how little snow it takes around here to freak people out. To think I lived in Maine one year with 200 inches of snow each winter and managed to drive around everyday. But it was different.

Not much else going on at all.

LMP--hoping for the best on your husband's job situation. Sounds very nerve wracking.

SingingMom likes this.