The trip that could end my Career!!! :D Sept 24th to Oct 1st

nataliej_vk

Driving examiner
Good Evening fellow Disney Fans!!
I was introduced to my current Disney obsession about 4 years ago when I went for the first time taking my Mother, sister and Daughter. This is going to be my first trip report and I hope with my hectic schedule I will get it totally finished!
Introductions are in order....
I am an almost 30 year old (2 more weeks) single mother who is constantly on the go. I have a very good job that allows me to take time off in the winter and pays for my disney trips! My job is extremely stressful (I give those budding teenagers road tests...hows that for scar!!!!) so the time I spend at Disney is my escape. I know sometimes my friends and family think I am a tad bit insane by going every year, but I need the quiet and escape. I live north of the US boarder and Love my country but dang it wish I was closer to the Mouse.
Favorite ride: hmmm have to say soarin
favorite movie: I LOVE LOVE the oldies!! ugly dashchund, no deposit no return...etc
Favorite Character: TIGGER!!!!
Favorite food: EVERYTHING

Next up is my constant travel companion:
My 6 year old daughter!! Known as Miss magoo or Lissa to me. She is in many ways spoiled because as a single mom when I want to feed my disney addiction she always comes with me!! Lucky girl :D Growing up I was one of 5 so my family did road trips but having just me and her I can go to disney every year:D
Lissa is everything I am not, she will be tall, blond and has NO FEAR. To a mommy this makes me proud and scared at the same time. I am petrified of heights (break out in hives when I think of it) but my baby see's the tallest ride and runs to it!! Last year she was trying to get on rides even when NO ADULT would go near them!!!!!
Favorite ride: EE
Favorite Movie : Bolt (her first disney love)
Favorite character: currently Rapunzel (unless she could be iron man :D)
Favorite food : she has grown up tastes and currently loves escargot! Being an only child she has very odd tastes
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w591/nataliej_vk/DSCF1148_zps51e18a1d.jpg

This trip
dates: Sept 24th to Oct 1st
why: ITS DISNEY :D
Celebrating : my 30th birthday!

This time round Lissa does not know we are going, she knows we are spending time together on a mommy daughter time but no clue where. When I told her it was coming (had to explain the HUGE suitcase at the end of my bed) she first asked "are we going to Disney" I had told her last year that we probably wouldnt go till she is 7 (next year) so I reminder her of that..not missing a beat the next thing she asked is "Hawaii?!?!?!" I realize now my daughter has very expensive tastes!!!

Where: Pop resort DXDP (upgraded from free dining)
Exciting tidbit...I am so super excited to be there during food and wine, I think I may create a monster in myself on this trip.....

My co-worker and her 6 year old is coming as well but since I dont know how she feels about her being on the big wide web I will leave that one out! I want to show them the reason I love Disney and why I love it so much.

WE will fly out Sept 24th out of Detroit via Spirit at 8:40am!!! I am debateing on doing MNSSHP but still not sure If I do decide I will go the 24th and get tickets day of seeing how the weather is.
We have been chosen to test the MB at Pop and I am so excited for this!!! I have 2 dinners booked almost every day as well as our FP+ for each park. To me this new technology is going to make my trip less stressful especially when I can FP fireworks and parades! So let the craziness and countdown begin.
for the record my other co-workers have banned Disney talk :( till 5 business days before my trip :o but as any good DIS's knows i still read my trip reports between road tests and as we get closer my ipod permanently plays disney music! feel free to give me tips on things I should do or see!!! after 4 trips there is so much i still have not done!!!!

So planning this trip will be the death of me! I am a very big (ok uber) planner. I want everything to go as planned and for it to be PERFECT. This plays into the name of my trip report, as stated I am going with a coworker and in my business seniority comes with power in our office. So said coworker is actually my acting boss in the next few weeks as we wait for a new supervisor :s. Well Normally this coworker is very VERY opinionated and knows what she wants; where as I am very laid back and a pleaser. Well this planning, I have have been running ragged, we have gone from going in December(when me and my baby normally go) to moving it to November to please the coworker, then moving to September because she wanted to guarantee free dining.
Originally I was planning a trip for just me and my daughter and had a good price w/ renting DVC and getting park hoppers w/ dxdp. Then my one cousin was saying she wished she could afford to go with her and her daughter so I offered to let her hop on and pay the extra. A few weeks later my cousin informed me that she couldnt swing it with her family at which point my coworker asked if she could do it with me. At that I thought oh what the heck sure. Well then we were suppose to go to POFQ as I am paying for the room and she picks up the difference for her and her daughter. well she was fine with just the regular dining plan but I wanted to do DXDP for my trip (this was my plan to begin with) So its my own fault but the trip I was planning for me and my daughter has slowly changed to something that at times is going to give me an ulcer as its changing. I am happy to see the food and wine but I prefer the cooler time of December and am really nervous about the September heat :S
As well as I plan my travel partner does not have any imput when I ask all she says is she is fine with anything. But I cant believe it, im so worried that when the time comes she will not like my dinner plans or park plans. As well I like to spend time at parks every day with downtime all afternoon and she wants days with nothing. So I may go and upgrade me and Lissa's ticket to go every day and maybe do MNSSHP.
AHH i feel like a bit of a complainer but I worry that this trip maybe a horror story and i will be upset when the plan I wanted becomes a trip I never wanted :(
either way I hope being at disney will be enough to make it magical and if worse comes to worse I can leave the others to go their way and me and Lissa can do our own things :D

Ok so 19 days!!!! :hippie: and I am getting more and more Excited!:cloud9: Now this trip is a surprise for the two little girls and boy do I have plans!!! but i almost let the cat out of the bag with my little one yesterday! I slipped and said that we were going to go to the states for our special trip and she jumped on that!!! but luckily i was able to cover quick and say yes we are going shopping in port huron (like we do about once a month)! and she BOUGHT IT!!!! yippy for being a trustworthy mommy :D :cool1:
But I have started to solidify plans We are going to do the pick a pearl in Japan this time, we did it last year as well but my baby's birthstone is a pearl so I want to get matching pearls for earrings. Plus a whole day of me and Lissa time to do Mommy and daughter things! we may go to Le Cellier for lunch too my daughter LOVES :love: steak :D
so now 99 percent of our planing is done!!! waiting on the shirts and the "royal" invites to the BBB and CRT to come in. Ill post pictures when i get them. Oh and the specially made Merida dresses (yes i may be going overboard) But Lissa is getting so big so fast i want to get all the special moments in before she doesnt find the magic like she does now :cutie:

13 days out but some bad developments :( my job is getting really stressful and the new boss is now not coming till AFTER my trip and the person who is booking me out is having me do trucks all day every day the last week I work. The bad thing on that is I stand outside all day in an empty parking lot and its suppose to be cooler then hot then cool with rain all week!!!!! I'm so worried ill get sick now :( ah plus it's getting really stressful and I hate that :( ah well my mantra is 13 days till Disney!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter