The Wave and TOTWL

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We are switching some of our Halloween plans around last minute. Right now, I have The Wave booked for 5:35 and had planned on going to the Poly to eat bread pudding for dessert at Tambu Lounge, then back to TOTWL to watch HalloWishes. Too much going back and forth though. So, I'm thinking of having bread pudding as a "snack" around 5-5:30. Going to Tambu Lounge early would help with avoiding the crowds there as well. Enjoying the campfire which I think will be at 7:00 that night. Then heading over to The Wave for an 8:00 ADR. We will probably only have apps and entrees there. Would an 8:00 ADR be enough time to get to the TOTWL for 10:15 HalloWishes? I'm thinking it will take about an hour for the meal, so we'd be at TOTWL between 9:15-9:30.

Just FYI, the October recreation calender has the campfire starting at 6:30. Not sure how long it lasts? Also just in case you don’t know, it’s only on Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat.

Your revised plan sounds good to me!

Just FYI, the October recreation calender has the campfire starting at 6:30. Not sure how long it lasts? Also just in case you don’t know, it’s only on Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat.

Your revised plan sounds good to me!
I have been looking everywhere for an updated calendar. Do you have a link? Halloween is on a Tuesday, but aren't there other activities/different times on the actual holiday?

Last edited:

That should be plenty of time. In April i had an 8ish (maybe 7:45) Wave reservation thinking Wishes was at 10pm, during dinner found out that it was actually 9:00, so we kind rushed through (not too bad) and we did have to sprint our way up and over to BLT. Made it just in time for the fireworks. So if they are at 10:15 then the 8pm reservation should give you plenty of time.

Here you go: http://www.kennythepirate.com/resor...-guides/contemporary-resort-recreation-guide/

Yes, I do think there are a few special activities that day, but not sure what all is involved. Sorry!

Have fun!
I was actually planning on the campfire at the Polynesian, then head to the Contemporary. The link is weird. When I click on the September guide, the October one comes up. When I checked out the Polynesian guide, it showed the April one, but when I clicked on it, the September one came up. What am I doing wrong? I would like to see the October guide for the Poly.
That should be plenty of time. In April i had an 8ish (maybe 7:45) Wave reservation thinking Wishes was at 10pm, during dinner found out that it was actually 9:00, so we kind rushed through (not too bad) and we did have to sprint our way up and over to BLT. Made it just in time for the fireworks. So if they are at 10:15 then the 8pm reservation should give you plenty of time.
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is one trip we don't want to rush. Especially since my DH had knee surgery just a couple of weeks ago.

Never mind. I found the Poly October recreation guide. But I also found the Halloween info. Here it is:
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/10/04/halloween-activities-for-various-walt-disney-world-resorts/
I hope this is up-to-date. Nothing on it says 2017.
So now I need to figure out if the ADR at 8 will cut it too close if the campfire is at 7. I really don't plan on staying long at the campfire. Just wanted a feeling of spookiness on Halloween night. I should be able to leave the Poly at 7:30 and make it to the Contemporary by 8 using the monorail, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter