The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Back in this thread over a year later. Looking at Bonnet Creek again for late July/early Aug this year.

What's the difference between booking thru VRBO vs Vacation Strategy? I can see from other discussion threads that Vacation Strategy has a great rep for Bonnet Creek.... but how is VRBO?

I notice with VRBO I can put in my dates for July/Aug and they show what's available.... Whereas with Vacation Strategy they're showing availabilities starting in Oct. Is it possible to get July/Aug thru them?

Back in this thread over a year later. Looking at Bonnet Creek again for late July/early Aug this year.

What's the difference between booking thru VRBO vs Vacation Strategy? I can see from other discussion threads that Vacation Strategy has a great rep for Bonnet Creek.... but how is VRBO?

I notice with VRBO I can put in my dates for July/Aug and they show what's available.... Whereas with Vacation Strategy they're showing availabilities starting in Oct. Is it possible to get July/Aug thru them?

I’ve found VRBO more expensive than VS. Use the VS quote system. They usually get back to you within a couple hours.

I remember seeing a lifeguard stationed at the bottom of the tunnel pool slide. I think they are only there to monitor that slide.

Vacation Strategies currently has rooms listed on EBay for July and August, so I would think that it is possible.

I personally rented from Shelby Resorts on EBay for July just this morning. They were cheaper than Vacation Strategy and I received my confirmation in about an hour

I think I read in this thread a while back that 4BR presidential suites are located in all towers, is that correct? Is there somewhere official (other than a forum) that it states this? My father-in-law thinks it's only buildings 5 and 6.

Edited to add: He is a Platinum VIP owner (or whatever the highest level is)... maybe he assumes he will be put in Towers 5 or 6 in one of the Reserve units (which I have no idea what that means)... or does Platinum VIP not have anything to do with Presidential Reserve?

Last edited:
I think I read in this thread a while back that 4BR presidential suites are located in all towers, is that correct? Is there somewhere official (other than a forum) that it states this? My father-in-law thinks it's only buildings 5 and 6.

Edited to add: He is a Platinum VIP owner (or whatever the highest level is)... maybe he assumes he will be put in Towers 5 or 6 in one of the Reserve units (which I have no idea what that means)?

The "regular" presidential units are indeed located in building 6 but the 4 bedroom presidentials can be in any building.

I doubt Wyndham publishes the locations of Unit types but there are many many posts here over years of stays verifying that the 4 BR presidential units are in the top floor of each tower.

Perhaps he could call the resort if he has a location request? I think that would be the best option given his Wyndham status.

Thank you! I'm trying to convince him to call since he seems to want Tower 5 or 6 however he doesn't think he has to since "they're all in Tower 5 or 6"...

Thank you! I'm trying to convince him to call since he seems to want Tower 5 or 6 however he doesn't think he has to since "they're all in Tower 5 or 6"...

I don't know your father in law but if he was assigned a unit in tower two I think he might learn something :rotfl2: I hope that doesn't offend you, I'm just imagining my own family and it gives me a chuckle!

I've gotta say we have stayed in nearly all the towers now and they each have their advantages. I actually don't like tower 6 where the smaller presidential units are located because it's always so busy in the lobby. The other towers' "lobbies" are just a space to pass through, so I feel that the vibe is much more tranquil... BUT I am not a Wyndham owner so I prefer to be left alone for the most part.

Yes, I had the same thought about just letting it go and being like "I TOLD YOU SO" when we get put in Tower 1! We've stayed in Towers 1 and 2 in 2BR units and quite liked them, and I am assuming the 4BR Presidentials face the lake (??). We've stayed in Tower 4 at the end in a 3BR unit and it was amazing. So honestly I'm not really that fussed at which Tower we end up in.

Got the 3BR upgrade. Love the space, don't like the view.

Also, they had someone stalking people leaving the check in desk to get their "welcome packet" and direct them to the counter. I still avoided it but it wasn't as easy as walking on by this time.

Woke up to an invitation pushed under the door for the packet, as well.

Have had zero problems not having a "parking pass."

Got the 3BR upgrade. Love the space, don't like the view.

Also, they had someone stalking people leaving the check in desk to get their "welcome packet" and direct them to the counter. I still avoided it but it wasn't as easy as walking on by this time.

Woke up to an invitation pushed under the door for the packet, as well.

Have had zero problems not having a "parking pass."

I’ve never had a good view with booking through VS. Its always a parking lot. I now just ask for a ground floor room two weeks before checkin since I’d rather not have to mess with elevators if my view will be a parking lot. Being on the ground floor makes getting in and out of the condo so much faster as well.

I’ll keep an eye out for the “stalker”. They must have wised up that people are avoiding the sales desk after checkin.

I'm new to even thinking about staying at Bonnet Creek (we usually stay on-site or find a place through Interval). We would like a nice resort like pool our next trip & BC seems to be on the top of the list. From what I've read here, you can't pick your condo before you go, they are assigned to you when you check in--correct? Looking at VRBO for my week starting March 30, there are 1 bedroom condos with 812 sq ft for $1079, or 700 sq feet 1 bedroom condos for $1252 a week...or 1 bedroom "resort" for $1314 for 753 sq ft.....or a 2 bedroom "house" for $1106, 2 bedroom condo for $1554

I guess I'm just confused....do I pick the size/square feet I would like then find the cheapest price via VRBO or Ebay?
TIA

Last edited:
I'm new to even thinking about staying at Bonnet Creek (we usually stay on-site or find a place through Interval). We would like a nice resort like pool our next trip & BC seems to be on the top of the list. From what I've read here, you can't pick your condo before you go, they are assigned to you when you check in--correct? Looking at VRBO for my week starting March 30, there are 1 bedroom condos with 812 sq ft for $1079, or 700 sq feet 1 bedroom condos for $1252 a week...or 1 bedroom "resort" for $1314 for 753 sq ft.....or a 2 bedroom "house" for $1106, 2 bedroom condo for $1554

I guess I'm just confused....do I pick the size/square feet I would like then find the cheapest price via VRBO or Ebay?
TIA

You pick your size. So reserve the amount of bedrooms you need. We get 2 or 3 bedroom units depending on who is going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!