The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hey everyone! We are a little less than a week away from our trip and it looks like nights are going to be pretty chilly....so our group is wondering if any of the pools are heated. (🤞) Thanks in advance!
My understanding is that all the pools are heated. I’ll be testing that theory later this week. 😁

My understanding is that all the pools are heated. I’ll be testing that theory later this week. 😁
The only one I've found to be cold is the Kiddie Pool by Tower 3. A few years ago, we swam with our 11 month-old at night in Feburary in the Tower 4 pools with no issues.

Looks like VS has a three bed for 5/11-16 for $1117. https://www.vacationstrategy.com/member-deals/

Thanks for the link. I would like the 10th to be included so this isn’t perfect but I found another 2 bedroom in that link that could work. Currently have something pending on Redweek so I hope that comes through. Nice to have alternatives. I added that link to my home screen.

I really appreciate everyone’s help. You know all the tips and tricks

Thanks for the link. I would like the 10th to be included so this isn’t perfect but I found another 2 bedroom in that link that could work. Currently have something pending on Redweek so I hope that comes through. Nice to have alternatives. I added that link to my home screen.

You can just call and check with them to see if you can get a res. for the entire time.

Cloudy - I would also suggest eBay if you are not already checking there. Searching on "Bonnet Creek" I currently see a couple posts for 5/10-5/15, 1BR for $350 and a 2BR for $450. The postings for WBC are pretty active and you can set up alerts for May.

Any suggestions for the next best alternative to WBC when your group is too large? We were planning on a WBC 2BR or 3BR but now need a 4BR in July due to headcount increase and I think renting a house makes more sense. I'm asking for names of neighborhoods or areas to search. I generally use VRBO, but appreciate other ideas. Thanks

Any suggestions for the next best alternative to WBC when your group is too large? We were planning on a WBC 2BR or 3BR but now need a 4BR in July due to headcount increase and I think renting a house makes more sense. I'm asking for names of neighborhoods or areas to search. I generally use VRBO, but appreciate other ideas. Thanks
we love Windsor hills, lots of nice single homes or townhomes that fit alot of people, we use vacation central florida.com. its more laid back. we also had a big townhouse in orange lake very fun-filled waterpark, but further away. i don't use vrbo, those fees drive me crazy, use ebay.

We stayed recently in Storey Lake - the community has a few different styles of accomodations. There are flat-style condos, townhomes, and detached residences. We stayed in a 5 bedroom townhome and it was fine for our short stay. The drive to the parks was reasonable as you can basically zip down Osceola with not much traffic. I much prefer WBC however and would personally look at renting two 2-bedroom Units at WBC if you can swing it in your price range. In case it informs your decision, I find WBC convenient enough to return for mid-day breaks - not the case with Storey Lake or the other home we rented in the past near Windsor Hills. I also hate that I feel this way but I unfortunately put a lot of mental value on not leaving "the bubble" so WBC keeps me inside the bubble at a reasonable price.

I'm not sure if this is widely known, but I was charged $20 today for "handling" a package from Amazon. They said the fee ranges from $5 to I think $30 (not sure) depending on size. My package was about 20 inches long, very lightweight. Just FYI. I was surprised, since Disney hotels do not charge for deliveries (or did not the last time I was at one in 2019).

I'm not sure if this is widely known, but I was charged $20 today for "handling" a package from Amazon. They said the fee ranges from $5 to I think $30 (not sure) depending on size. My package was about 20 inches long, very lightweight. Just FYI. I was surprised, since Disney hotels do not charge for deliveries (or did not the last time I was at one in 2019).
They do now....can’t remember when the new fees went into place. EDE43462-BB85-4CC4-8335-5C66662F4BBE.jpeg

The boom in internet ordering is shifting work from guests to hotel workers, and spending more money on labor is not a part of the plan for any hotel, so they are looking to recoup their costs.

I can imagine the conversation at Disney HQ:

IT Executive: "Thanks to the Internet, we now have online check-in and we can fire all the desk clerks to save money!"
Hotel: "Thanks to the Internet, we need to hire more workers because we are getting online grocery and package deliveries all day."

We stayed recently in Storey Lake - the community has a few different styles of accomodations. There are flat-style condos, townhomes, and detached residences. We stayed in a 5 bedroom townhome and it was fine for our short stay. The drive to the parks was reasonable as you can basically zip down Osceola with not much traffic. I much prefer WBC however and would personally look at renting two 2-bedroom Units at WBC if you can swing it in your price range. In case it informs your decision, I find WBC convenient enough to return for mid-day breaks - not the case with Storey Lake or the other home we rented in the past near Windsor Hills. I also hate that I feel this way but I unfortunately put a lot of mental value on not leaving "the bubble" so WBC keeps me inside the bubble at a reasonable price.
I'm totally with you, the mid-day breaks were exactly what we were looking for considering the July heat, and preventing our 11-13 yr olds from getting bored at a house with small pool... That is the conversation we're having now. Sister-in-law who is joining the trip doesn't have kids, and doesn't appreciate the "resort" (bubble) atmosphere which was a significant portion of this vacation.

Melinda - I found a 2nd 2BR at a great price, have you tried to get 2 units close together in the past? I've read all the posts about slim chances of advance requests being granted, and you basically have to make special requests at check in. With 5 towers you would think we should be able to get reasonably close together, but it will be peak season, so I assume we should set our expectations accordingly. Thanks

I agree that resorts have to deal with extra staff and costs related to package delivery in the internet era, but I think Disney's $6 per package is much more reasonable than the $20 I had to pay for a small package here at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

For anyone following our adventure, we were moved from building 3 to building 1, and are very happy not to be hearing the noise on the balcony from the exhaust fans at the back of the Wyndham Grand Hotel. I thought this 2 bedroom unit would be identical but in fact it is larger. The balconies in particular in building 1 are much larger. Also, the second bedroom has a door going right to the bathroom (ensuite), and there are safety bars on the shower walls, both things my mother really appreciates! In the master, there is a much larger tub and both bathroom areas (the one with the sink and shower, and the one with the sink and tub) are larger. Also the entryway area is larger. All of the staff here have been superb!

Melinda - I found a 2nd 2BR at a great price, have you tried to get 2 units close together in the past? I've read all the posts about slim chances of advance requests being granted, and you basically have to make special requests at check in. With 5 towers you would think we should be able to get reasonably close together, but it will be peak season, so I assume we should set our expectations accordingly. Thanks
I haven’t had personal experience with that but have read accounts of others here having success getting two units at least in the same tower if not the same floor. I’ve had good luck getting requests granted by asking nicely and being willing to wait.

We've done two three beds and they put us on the end of the hallway right on top of each other. We'll have a 2 bed and 3 bed in April, we'll see how it goes!

From everything I heard/read and my personal experience, the earlier you get to the resort the better your chances of getting a request. I've gotten there late and had no options and I've gotten there at 9 am, told them I'd wait, and got exactly what I wanted. It is worth calling and asking to put in a request, some times they'll take them and sometimes they won't.

I did attempt to slip them a $20 once, and she gave it back to me, but I got what I wanted ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter