The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I'll call this morning. Golden Corral buffets are operating around the state of FL so I don't know why they couldn't operate their breakfast buffet unless they are just short staffed which may be the issue.

We're here now and things are busier than I expected. Crowd levels at the resort seem similar to when we stayed here over Halloween in 2017. Admittedly we stayed on Universal property in July but it feels *very* different from two months ago. I'd say it's 50/50 with mask compliance in the towers. I haven't been in the main building/lobby yet but DH had to stop by the lobby Friday evening around 7 pm because our room keys were deactivated (6 hours after check in!) and he said it was a "madhouse". The Extra Holidays website shows no availability for check-in until tomorrow so I'm hoping some of the crowds clear out. I'm pretty sure they're not filling all the rooms, though. Lots of Florida license plates in the parking lot so I think locals are taking advantage of the ticket deals for the parks. Today is a resort day until dinner so I'll be able to check it out a bit more.

We're here now and things are busier than I expected. Crowd levels at the resort seem similar to when we stayed here over Halloween in 2017. Admittedly we stayed on Universal property in July but it feels *very* different from two months ago. I'd say it's 50/50 with mask compliance in the towers. I haven't been in the main building/lobby yet but DH had to stop by the lobby Friday evening around 7 pm because our room keys were deactivated (6 hours after check in!) and he said it was a "madhouse". The Extra Holidays website shows no availability for check-in until tomorrow so I'm hoping some of the crowds clear out. I'm pretty sure they're not filling all the rooms, though. Lots of Florida license plates in the parking lot so I think locals are taking advantage of the ticket deals for the parks. Today is a resort day until dinner so I'll be able to check it out a bit more.

Thanks for the update andieb. I have a stay scheduled for early November and was hoping it wouldn't be crowded. This will be my first off-site stay and I just feel safer not having to rely on having to go to restaurants for every meal. Sorry to hear about the only 50/50 mask compliance. I'm in the Tampa Bay area and our county is still under a mandatory mask order.

I have a question about the parking garages. I'm a female solo traveler and I'm not crazy about parking garages for obvious reasons. While I don't imagine I'll be out late but it does get dark around 5:00 after we turn the clocks back on 11/1. In my shoes, would you ask for a building with surface parking or the garage or it doesn't matter. And I realize I may not get my request :-)

Twocat, the parking garage is pretty well-lit but I tend to be wary of parking garages when I'm alone too. This is a gated resort so this may be overkill. However, like you, if traveling solo, I might be inclined to request Tower 1 if wanting to be close to the main lobby/pool or Tower 3 if wanting to be close to the Tower 6 & hotel pool area, as well as the Tower 2/3 pool & bar. Parking for Towers 4 & 5 definitely rely heavily on the garage. Unfortunately, the poolside restaurant at Tower 5 is the one with the best food/beverages, but all of the resort is easily walkable around the lake. FWIW, the Tower 6 pool has been regularly closed to timeshare guests Mon-Thu and when the NBA has been lodged at the hotel. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the update andieb. I have a stay scheduled for early November and was hoping it wouldn't be crowded. This will be my first off-site stay and I just feel safer not having to rely on having to go to restaurants for every meal. Sorry to hear about the only 50/50 mask compliance. I'm in the Tampa Bay area and our county is still under a mandatory mask order.

I have a question about the parking garages. I'm a female solo traveler and I'm not crazy about parking garages for obvious reasons. While I don't imagine I'll be out late but it does get dark around 5:00 after we turn the clocks back on 11/1. In my shoes, would you ask for a building with surface parking or the garage or it doesn't matter. And I realize I may not get my request :-)

I feel safe here but would still ask for surface parking. FWIW I'm pretty sure DH was told at check-in that Tower 5 is currently under refurb so that is less of a chance that you would be given a room with deck parking. (He *thinks* he was told 6 recently completed refurb and 5 is currently underway but can't remember now.)

We went to the main pool today. Current pool hours are 8 am - 9 pm daily for the main pool and Tower 3 and 4/5 pools. Tower 6 pool is open 11 am - 7 pm Monday - Thursday and 8 am - 9 pm Friday - Sunday. The sheet we were given at check-in said no slides were open but the Tower 3 pool slide was running earlier today. I was impressed with the cleaning going on at the main pool. Each grouping of chairs had a number assigned to it and a red/green sign on one of the chairs in the group. If the sign was green it meant the spot was open. Red meant the spot was taken or dirty. As each group left the chairs were being cleaned with disinfectant and the sign was turned back to green. There was enough room to distance in the pool but the lazy river sporadically became crowded. You have to bring your own tubes or you can buy some from El Mercardo.

We check-in Friday. Looking forward to it and getting back in the parks. We come from a non mask wearing area (no ordinances or laws requiring them) so 50-50 mask compliance doesn't bother us. I'm more worried about having to wear the things in the parks all day with hot temps... I guess we will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked, but do you get any of the Disney perks here? ie extra magic hours, early FP booking

Can anyone please tell me if there is a size limit on the tube for the lazy river? I know I sound crazy but a little bigger will do better for social distancing... just my thoughts

How much are they charging for purchase of lazy river tubes?
They were $12 ish. There is also an air pump at the kiosk outside, near the lazy river. You can inflate them even if the kiosk is closed. FYI If its' important to you, the doughnut tubes don't have hand holds!

And, when I was in there (Mid September) - people were in the lazy river with tubes, noodles, seats, etc.

We stayed here several years ago and rented through Vacation Upgrades. I have friends who want to try it out. Who are the companies to get quotes from? Thanks!!!

We stayed here several years ago and rented through Vacation Upgrades. I have friends who want to try it out. Who are the companies to get quotes from? Thanks!!!
I booked through Vacation Strategy a few weeks ago when they quoted me $280 for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom for October 25 to October 30. I didn't even shop around after that quote, because I can live with $56 a night!

The VU folks have been fantastic with all my rescheduling and moving around due to covid! Very happy with them!!

We are renting a unit in November through VRBO. Does anybody know what number we would call to see about reserving a pool cabana? I can't seem to find anything on their website. Thanks!

We just got back from WBC. Had a good time. Were at the parks from open to close so we really didn't spend much time at WBC itself other than sleeping. A couple of points:
  • Their corona virus protocols are very frustrating. The plastic shield they have at the check-in counter + the use of masks makes it very difficult to actually talk to the guest service personnel when checking in. You have to yell at them and they at you in order to be understood. I can't imagine being hard of hearing and having to do that.
  • The gift shop (and bar) also doesn't take cash. Only credit cards are taken. They claim its because they want to be touchless, yet, they make you hold and use a pen to sign the credit card receipt and you have to hand the item you want to buy over to them to scan and then they hand it back to you. It makes no sense to not take cash...
  • The pool bar (Escudos) is automatically adding 15% gratuity to all orders no matter if you order 1 beer or 6. I asked why and the bartender (John, nice guy) told me no one was tipping when they reopened so they were forced to add it to the receipt. You can of course have it removed if you wish but I didn't. That is how they make their money. But I just wanted everyone to be aware that it is added on automatically. You can't actually sit at the bar either. You have to get it to go or sit at the tables by the bar which are very limited. This is a Wyndham rule and not a Florida law. Bar seating is back open in Florida so Wyndham needs to get with the time and make it happen on their resorts. I only ordered drinks there once since I wasn't interested in getting them to go after I learned that. I want to be able to actually sit at the bar.
  • Our arm bands worked the entire time and they also work on the front gate. I actually found them easier to deal with than the room keys since I didn't have to dig for a room key in my pocket to open the front gate when driving back from the parks.
  • They didn't try to hard sell me at the sales desk when getting an arm band. They asked me if I was interested in the tour, and I told them "No" and left it at that. They gave me the bands and we went on our way.
  • The breakfast buffet at Tesero Cove (in the hotel) is closed. That was probably the biggest bummer of WBC for us if I'm honest. We have always liked to eat there in the morning at 7am and then hit the parks after that with a full belly. We ended up just snacking for breakfast this time.
Overall it was a good trip to WBC. Again, we didn't spend much time on property since we got back each day after sunset. I forgot my bathing suit so we didn't even utilize the pools (or any of the other activities). The pool did look empty when I walked by them a few times. There was definitely not a crowd in them from what I saw.

For those of you who are there now or just returning, are they requiring masks? By 50/50 mask compliance do you mean they are required but people aren't wearing them? I have trip scheduled in mid-November. If they aren't requiring masks, especially in the towers, we may have to cancel.

For those of you who are there now or just returning, are they requiring masks? By 50/50 mask compliance do you mean they are required but people aren't wearing them? I have trip scheduled in mid-November. If they aren't requiring masks, especially in the towers, we may have to cancel.
They require them. They even have you sign a form saying that you understand you are supposed to wear them. I'll be glad when that county drops the mask requirement. We won't be going back to Disney again until masks are voluntary.

People are wearing them at the guest checkin/checkout lobby. Around the pool areas and the sidewalks not so much. I never wore one when outside on the walking paths. I'd say its 50/50 compliance in the elevator lobbies of the individual towers. We always request a ground floor so we don't ever have to mess with elevators but I saw several people walking in and out of elevators without masks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!