The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

Well hello Ladies!!!!! I missed you all !

PIO- I would not mind humid right about now. It is decent today, but has been cold as heck. Thank God Buddy keeps the fire lit for me come late afternoon. I am in Heaven right now!

Brandi= I am so sorry about your allergies, it is not fair to have to deal with them in Winter.

Allison- I love stuffed pork chops. I took two thick cut chops out to cook for dinner tonight, but Bud was not in the mood, nor was I to cook. I worked all afternoon, so I offered him grinders from his favorite shop and he jumped on it!

Poohs Mate- my Mom used to make homemade pizza on Sunday nights and then we all watched the Wonderful World of Disney. My Sweetie does not like my homemade pizza. Boo!

So....Dinners have been spotty at best, but in my defense, this is my "tax season" I have all year end to get through for my clients and it stinks. I never noticed how many new businesses I added to my list, I just took care of them every week. And then BOOM! It's year end and I am drowning! WE are stinkin busy, which is good, but YIKES!

Dinner tonight is Buddy's favorite grinders. But before that I am enjoying a glass of wine.

Ladies, you know I bought an instant pot. I am not using it like my daughter, but I use it. Anyway, we are plannign an Instant Pot Cook a Thon on Saturday, and I cannot wait. I am going to practice a tomato coconut soup and if it is good, that's my contribution. If not I am going make spare ribs. Marisa is making a french onion chicken thing. I forget what Erica is making. We have a few others joining us so we will have our menu in place. I will let you all knwo how it turns out!

Marisa is pushing 40 pounds lost on WW and she uses her IP a lot!

Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday Ladies!

.....omg, I love, love, LOVE stuffed pork chops....however, I don't normally make ANY kind - none of my 3 DSs like them....:confused3

Allison- I love stuffed pork chops. I took two thick cut chops out to cook for dinner tonight, but Bud was not in the mood, nor was I to cook. I worked all afternoon, so I offered him grinders from his favorite shop and he jumped on it!

I think I mislead you ladies. Fran does not like thick cut pork chops so they are thin chops that I put on a bed of stuffing and cook them that way....

Monday night and my working week will start tomorrow.

DH and I have decided to go on a 2-day juice diet. I've made it through today without feeling hungry. I suspect tomorrow will be very different. But it's only one more day and I'm hoping that I'll be equally as good tomorrow.

So....the only 2-legged person having dinner at home tonight was DS. WF his dinner? Mac and Cheese. Easy to make, and he just loves all that cheese!

Last night i thawed one of my packets of meat sauce that i served with spaghetti, texas toast and a salad.

Tonight we'll be having pork chops with stuffing, gravy, and zucchini.

Sorry your allergies have been acting up Brandi!

ETA: I changed my mind and now we're having burgers, tater tots, and cole slaw. We'll have the pork chops tomorrow.

Thanks, Alison. It is just getting old and I am cranky lol.

Last night for dinner I made waffles, hashbrowns, homemade whipped cream and homemade lemon curd. David added turkey sausage with his.

tonight on the menu is falafel.

Well hello Ladies!!!!! I missed you all !

PIO- I would not mind humid right about now. It is decent today, but has been cold as heck. Thank God Buddy keeps the fire lit for me come late afternoon. I am in Heaven right now!

Brandi= I am so sorry about your allergies, it is not fair to have to deal with them in Winter.

Poohs Mate- my Mom used to make homemade pizza on Sunday nights and then we all watched the Wonderful World of Disney. My Sweetie does not like my homemade pizza. Boo!

So....Dinners have been spotty at best, but in my defense, this is my "tax season" I have all year end to get through for my clients and it stinks. I never noticed how many new businesses I added to my list, I just took care of them every week. And then BOOM! It's year end and I am drowning! WE are stinkin busy, which is good, but YIKES!

Dinner tonight is Buddy's favorite grinders. But before that I am enjoying a glass of wine.

Ladies, you know I bought an instant pot. I am not using it like my daughter, but I use it. Anyway, we are plannign an Instant Pot Cook a Thon on Saturday, and I cannot wait. I am going to practice a tomato coconut soup and if it is good, that's my contribution. If not I am going make spare ribs. Marisa is making a french onion chicken thing. I forget what Erica is making. We have a few others joining us so we will have our menu in place. I will let you all knwo how it turns out!

Marisa is pushing 40 pounds lost on WW and she uses her IP a lot!

Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday Ladies!

Nancy, we have missed you too.

I am very interested in how you tomato coconut soup turns out

Sorry about your allergies, Brandi. Hope it's all good now.
Still messing with my head and throat.
I feel like this has been going on all winter. I will have to go see my ENT soon if there are no changes.

WFDT? hmmm David is having veal, and we are having baked potatoes and broccoli

It is going to snow tomorrow, YUCH!

WE had burgers and chips tonight, last night was thick pork chops, cheesy noodles, and haricots vertes. Monday was spaghetti and meatballs, with Texas toast.
Dis any of you see that stunning moon early this morning? It was gorgeous as it set in the western sky.

I went to bed at 1:20AM so no I didn't see any moon.

Tonight we were supposed to have Szechwan Chicken with rice (which would have had stir fried broccoli, red pepper and red onion), but we were out way too late and ended up bringing home Chinese for dinner.

I'm going to use the chicken I would have made for dinner tonight to finally try the Instant Pot tomorrow night. It's been in the closet for close to five years, but all my friends singing it's praises has finally got me to get it out and try it.

I'm making chicken Tikka Masala and Rice.

I went to bed at 1:20AM so no I didn't see any moon.

Tonight we were supposed to have Szechwan Chicken with rice (which would have had stir fried broccoli, red pepper and red onion), but we were out way too late and ended up bringing home Chinese for dinner.

I'm going to use the chicken I would have made for dinner tonight to finally try the Instant Pot tomorrow night. It's been in the closet for close to five years, but all my friends singing it's praises has finally got me to get it out and try it.

I'm making chicken Tikka Masala and Rice.

Did you say 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

Tonight I am making Two Sleeves Coconut Tomato Soup (I need to buy an immersion blender) and grilled cheese. I have a back up can of Campbells for Buddy!

Last night we had burgers, and barely. I crawled out of our office, actually all but one of us (we have a coworker who does not pitch in). Year End is just about closed! YAY!

Did you say 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

Thats my best estimate. We moved into this house almost four years ago (June) and befpre we moved it sat on the stove in my second kitchen. I dont remeber for hiw long. Fran bought it because she wanted to use it to make fried chicken. Turns out that its not even recommended for frying.

I just let it sit there and when we moved, i put it in the laundry room pantry until i saw people talking about how great it was. I double checked the name and said, "yup, i do have one of those things." I took it out about a month ago and its taken me this long to work up the courage to tey it.

Thats my best estimate. We moved into this house almost four years ago (June) and befpre we moved it sat on the stove in my second kitchen. I dont remeber for hiw long. Fran bought it because she wanted to use it to make fried chicken. Turns out that its not even recommended for frying.

I just let it sit there and when we moved, i put it in the laundry room pantry until i saw people talking about how great it was. I double checked the name and said, "yup, i do have one of those things." I took it out about a month ago and its taken me this long to work up the courage to tey it.

Look on Facebook for TwoSleevers group, or the official Instant pot group. There you will get a lot of tips.

I will say that youtube is your friend when it comes to using it for the first time. Do the hot water test just to sanitize it and get used to how the thing works, and then maybe use it for hard boiled eggs. I do not use it like Marisa does, but for yogurt alone, it is worth it.

Look on Facebook for TwoSleevers group, or the official Instant pot group. There you will get a lot of tips.

I'm kinda weird, i dont like FB groups that have a zillion members giving tips. :laughing: if there are more than a handful of comments i just glaze over a post. I asked my friends and got a couple recipes.

I will say that youtube is your friend when it comes to using it for the first time. Do the hot water test just to sanitize it and get used to how the thing works, and then maybe use it for hard boiled eggs. I do not use it like Marisa does, but for yogurt alone, it is worth it.

I did the hot water test yesterday. I have a Chicken Tikka Masala recipe that a friend of a friend posted on FB. It sounds simple enough. Im just goimg to make the chicken in the sauce in the pot. I'll make the rice and steam the broccoli the old fashioned way, maybe later I'll try doing them all in the pot.

I'm kinda weird, i dont like FB groups that have a zillion members giving tips. :laughing: if there are more than a handful of comments i just glaze over a post. I asked my friends and got a couple recipes.

I did the hot water test yesterday. I have a Chicken Tikka Masala recipe that a friend of a friend posted on FB. It sounds simple enough. Im just goimg to make the chicken in the sauce in the pot. I'll make the rice and steam the broccoli the old fashioned way, maybe later I'll try doing them all in the pot.
I started with simple stuff too.

For me cooking beans from dried in 45 minutes is amazing and I love it just for that.
But I have cooked everything from baked potatoes, and corn on the cob, to David's crab claws (0 minutes) and they were perfect.

I even made limoncello this past weekend with Meyer Lemons, then made lemon curd with the juice, and then yesterday I candied the rinds.

for me, it is fun to use. I will say that I had to buy multiple seals/rings. After I made curry in it one time the ring smelled just like curry and I could not use it with delicate items, so I bought a few different colored ones for different recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter