The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

This is my current favorite chili (with beans) recipe:

Made this Sunday for the Super Bowl, leftovers tonight (and it will probably be better after sitting).

And it's February. Can you believe it? The year is Flying...... :)

Back to routine here now that DS has gone back to school.
Spags bol on Monday night.
Baked spuds on Tuesday.
Dinner at mum's on Wednesday.

It's Thursday here and I think we're heading to Japanese ramen for dinner.

Hope everyone is well.

Since my dh is working late tonight I had left over stuffed peppers and dd had a nutella sandwich.

Sunday morning. Good morning everyone.

Life has settled into the normal pattern here now that DS has gone back to school.
On the food front, I'm thinking I need to drop some weight. I may have found a local chef that does a meal plan option. The costs seem reasonable and the menu looks delicious. I may be contacting her to start on a trial basis after Chinese New Year.
Chinese New Year is on the 16th of Feb. No point starting until after the usual feasting. :)

Have a great day everyone.

it is raining here, has been for three days straight. we neeed it, we are below rainfall levels, and have been since last year. but so far we have had 3.5 inches fall.

Today we are going out for a big fancy lunch at Disneyland so dinner will be tomato soup from a can and grilled cheese.

I imagine lunch will be steak tartare, onion soup, fish, and a soft dessert. With wine, of course!

Have a good time at your fancy lunch Alison. Tonight for supper we are having patty melts and french fries. Tomorrow we are having quiche and salad. The rest of the week dh is working 12 hour shifts so dd and I will probably just graze and eat left overs. My dd is a grazer and I can go either way but when dh is here he likes to sit down to a meal.

Is this one of those things where they ship you ingredients to cook certain meals?

WFDT? Pork tenderloins with pears and green beans....

enhance

Last edited:
WFDT? My DS wants pizza, so I'm just going to order one and go pick it up....

Is this one of those things where they ship you ingredients to cook certain meals?
....I just noticed this post and was wondering if it was directed towards me....my DS inadvertently signed up for a "Welcome" special but didn't cancel it, so the next thing you know, we got a package delivered with 3 separate meal ingredients.....

....I just noticed this post and was wondering if it was directed towards me....my DS inadvertently signed up for a "Welcome" special but didn't cancel it, so the next thing you know, we got a package delivered with 3 separate meal ingredients.....

Actually it was at PIO who said she signed upfor a Chef meal service in the post just before it.

But since you answered, what company and how was it?

Our day did not go at all as planned from when we woke up. All our commitments ended up disappearing so we picked up our online orders (pet supplies at two stores), renewed our Costco membership (at the lower cost level), and did a walk in at the vet.

Luckily while at Costco, we picked up a Chicken Tikka Masala already premade, so all i have to do is cook some Basmati rice, and I'll saute a bag of spinach for the veg.

Actually it was at PIO who said she signed upfor a Chef meal service in the post just before it.

But since you answered, what company and how was it?.....
....the company is called Home Chef. The ingredients were fresh and the recipes are pretty easy. It also came with a plastic 1" binder and full-color pages with the entree, the ingredients included that entree, and step-by-step directions [with photos]....

Last night for dinner I made a vegetable gratin, used yellow squash, zucchini, and asparagus, turned out great.

Tonight for dinner might be leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter