The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

OMGosh! I just sat here and read through this whole TR. I'm so sorry that your trip was such a bust, but thank you for sharing it with us! It sure provided me with lots of laughs this morning. :lmao:

I'm off to read your other one now!

Marina,
Well...that was an epic adventure. It's interesting that as we grow as adults, we go our separate ways as individuals. I think this happens for a reason. I am glad to hear you got along so well with your mom...kinda of like the glass is half full: it was! Good for you! Some advice: let your sister do her own thing from here on out. You've done your good deed; and then some. There is no way as an adult I'd lay down that amount of cash on one of my siblings. I'm not going to characterize your sister's behavior because I think you are smart enough to figure it out all on your own. Let's just say that the mentally sane thing would be to avoid being in an environment with her at all because it does drive you nuts. There is no rationalizing it; there never will be-in her world. The old saying: fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. It is clear through your sister's actions and behaviors she has chosen her destiny and the more you avoid that the better off you will be: ie; misery loves company. My hat is off to you: the amazing detail and personal depth you gave to your epic report. It is indeed the rare individual who can do so because as you know there are many numerous reports on the DIS and they can be quite repetitive. I was amazed at how well you played "cool" when you saw your sister and friend coming back from the food court with the junk food. I would have gone ballistic and jumped out of the bushes screaming at the top of my lungs! They would have been in denial and that would have just set me off even more...aka the "volcano" effect. Good for you for not telling your mom. I think that moment just pretty much cleared up concisely everything for you: that your monumental effforts of planning the trip, your financial contribution from both your mom and yourself were wasted on two completely self absorbed people who take for granted what the value of that gift was. If anything, take this as one of life's hard lessons and move on. Your sister and friend pretty much had it served up on a silver platter and they truly showed their true colors.

Just finished reading your trip report. I can't believe you survived. Off to read your newest one and then possiblr write my own.

I started reading this late, and have to go to bed, but had to sub so I can come back tomorrow, you are a saint, from what I read so far

I just finished reading the entire trip report and it was a blast! You had me going the entire story. Just loved it. Hope your other trips can help erase some of the not-so-good (putting it mildly) memories of that one...

You TR was sooooo great. I am so sorry about everything you went through. You are an amazing sister. I definately would not have handled the situation as well as you! I cannot wait to read your next TR. :cheer2:

OMG - just read all your posts about your trips. You, are a saint. And Grumpy is too.

Hope you are able to come back to Disney soonish, and have a wonderful time!

OMG!!! You are a saint in comparison to us; we both agreed there would have been murders in the first 24 hours. Great to read your trip report, but don’t forget wdw is still there for you.

1999 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee.(21 Nights)
2003 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee (14 Nights) (Married during our stay)
2005 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (14 Nights)
2006 - Quality Inn, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2007 - Howard johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2008 - Howard johnson, Kissimmee. (21 Nights)
2009 - Howard Johnson, Kissimmee. (28 Nights)

I've been reading this and I have a question. If they were SUCH PARTY POOPS why didn't you just say "fine I'm going see ya" and do what you wanted? I guess I don't understand. If they didn't want to go BACK to MK let them be bored and go.

Just wondering

I've been reading this and I have a question. If they were SUCH PARTY POOPS why didn't you just say "fine I'm going see ya" and do what you wanted? I guess I don't understand. If they didn't want to go BACK to MK let them be bored and go.

Just wondering

I guess, because the whole point of going on a trip (especially to Disney) with family members is to actually spend time with them and enjoy things together :confused3
Otherwise we might as well have gone by ourselves.

I guess, because the whole point of going on a trip (especially to Disney) with family members is to actually spend time with them and enjoy things together :confused3
Otherwise we might as well have gone by ourselves.

Look I Do understand that. However it was obvioius she did not want to do that. I don't mean be rude about it, but I guess I would have said "well I see you want to relax I'll meet you here or there at whatever time. If we dont see you then I'll catch up to you later" This way YOU at least got to have fun and she could sleep. I guess I didn't understand why if she was hanging around the hotel why you felt you had to also.

anyway I hope you were able to have some fun. :hug:

Look I Do understand that. However it was obvioius she did not want to do that. I don't mean be rude about it, but I guess I would have said "well I see you want to relax I'll meet you here or there at whatever time. If we dont see you then I'll catch up to you later" This way YOU at least got to have fun and she could sleep. I guess I didn't understand why if she was hanging around the hotel why you felt you had to also.

I'm pretty sure that's what we did :) We tried to include them as much as possible and when that didn't work, they got ditched.

"You guys do whatever you want tonight... by yourselves. You got tickets to Disney Quest, so if you want to do that take the bus to Downtown Disney West Side. The bus stop is right out here after the parking lot. See ya."

It's not so much that they ruined OUR trip (my mom and I's), we managed to have plenty of fun without them, they mostly ruined their own.

ETA : Sorry for the tone of my two previous posts.. that's how "lovely" I am at 7am before a day of work YIKES !!!!!!!!

Marina, I just found your TR yesterday, and stayed up late reading it. My hubby came out around 2 AM and told me to get to bed, so I had to finish it this morning. I can't tell you how many times I was literally laughing out loud! This was a very interesting TR!

I thought for sure you were going to find the Hannah Montana Crocs and buy them though! Or, weren't they out yet when you went?

Thanks for writing this!!! It makes me appreciate my sister even more!

Marina, I just found your TR yesterday, and stayed up late reading it. My hubby came out around 2 AM and told me to get to bed, so I had to finish it this morning. I can't tell you how many times I was literally laughing out loud! This was a very interesting TR!

I thought for sure you were going to find the Hannah Montana Crocs and buy them though! Or, weren't they out yet when you went?

Thanks for writing this!!! It makes me appreciate my sister even more!

Thanks for reading, glad it made you laugh :)
I saw the HM crocs in August, but aren't they only for kids ? I wanted them SO BADLY but could only find kids sizes. :(

I just finished reading your entire trip report. Once I got started I couldn't stop! I'm sorry your trip turned out so bad, but at least you and your mom were able to salvage part of it.

Thanks for reading, glad it made you laugh :)
I saw the HM crocs in August, but aren't they only for kids ? I wanted them SO BADLY but could only find kids sizes. :(

I just checked the Crocs website and they come in Women's 6,7 and 8!Arminda is dying to have a pair of these, but I havent' been ablet to find them in any stores around here.

Dear Marina,

I just finished reading your TR:hippie: :hippie: :hippie: :hippie: :hippie:
I enjoyed it soo much, you are truly a great great writer. thank you very much for that!

I'm from Europe as well, ( Belgium) , I had the chance to pay lots of visits to Florida when I was a child : my dad was an airline pilot ,and we have enjoyed free airlines tickets throughout our childhood!
As a result, I absolutely love disneyworld and became disney addict!
These last years , I visited dineyland paris instead of disneyworld ( I have 2 children ages 7 & 5 - and they were too small for such a long trip)
Disneyland paris is great , but smaller and lacking the so great US spirit disneyworld has to offered. I'm sure you agree with me on that point!
The disneyland hotel is however excellent as you are sleeping in the Park itself!

I wish you will be able to book your december trip.
I will visit disneyworld this october, had booked a contemporary MK tower room, but just changed it for WL because of the great great deal I got( the code didn't applied to CR - not a big deal as when I want a nice MK view, I book disneyland paris)

Many thanks again for your nice TR
Have a nice day

Isabelle
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!