The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Moving Day! 6/1

It was the last day of the trip for Jenny and Michael. They would be flying home today. It was checkout day from the cabin and Jill and I were switching over to the AKL Jambo House.

Originally Jenny and Michael had made plans for their local friend to pick them up from the Cabin, take them by her place and show them around before taking them to the airport. When we woke up we found the following text.

“We are so so sick. We’re going to try to sleep until the last minute then Uber”

That was at around 8:15AM.

The night before, Jill and I had set 8AM as our ideal departure time, and 9AM as the last resort time. We ended up being out of the cabin by about 8:37AM. By 8:50AM she was waiting up front with the car and the bellman and I were just exiting the lobby.

We had booked an ILL for Guardians for 10:45-11:45, and we got to AKL just after 9AM. We dropped off our bags with Bell Services, and headed out to Epcot. We had plenty of time to ride Spaceship Earth before our Guardians time.

z24WDW0405TD01.jpg

z24WDW0405TD02.jpg

z24WDW0405TD03.jpg

z24WDW0405TD04.jpg

z24WDW0405TD05.jpg

z24WDW0405TD06.jpg

z24WDW0405TD07.jpg

Then we went to Guardians for our ILL. When we were boarding I got a text from a tenant in a different building who also told me that the exterior lights didn’t come on the night before. OK that’s weird for both buildings not to have the lights come on.

We got the song “Once Way or Another”, but our picture somehow did not come through, we got someone else’s picture. BooHoo!

After we got off the ride, my tenant texted me that the washer and dryer were not working either. That’s when I realized that it was not a bad sensor, but that the House Meters had been turned off. I won’t go into it, but I’d been having difficulties with So Cal Edison trying to transfer the buildings into my name. I had not found one sales rep who was at all cooperative.

We sat in as quiet a place as we could find, and I called Edison. I was on the phone for 40 minutes with them. Eventually we started walking towards France as the call was winding down. Jill took these pictures of the topiaries since I was otherwise engaged.

z24WDW0405TD08.JPG

z24WDW0405TD09.JPG

z24WDW0405TD10.JPG

z24WDW0405TD11.JPG

z24WDW0405TD12_fyB9jhV2kooH8jEodxfzZL.JPG

I was on the phone for about 45 minutes total. We even had to sit down to finish the call before we could ride Remy. I was able to restore the power to the tenant’s House meters within a few hours of the phone call ending, but there is another matter that is still pending. I hope that it is resolved by the time I get to this point in the TR. Spoiler alert. It’s not solved, they still owe me a crap ton of money. I need to submit the documents one more time and tell them that at this point, “I will be contacting my lawyer.”

Jill and I got in line for Ratatouille and waited quite a while until we rode the ride. We grabbed some slushy drinks and headed around the world.

z24WDW0405TD13.jpg

We got as far as America before I got a text from Su-Lynn and Steve that they were headed our way. Here’s a quick picture of the Tiana Topiary.

z24WDW0405TD14.jpg

Then we met up briefly with Su-Lynn and Steve in Japan.

z24WDW0405TD15.jpg

z24WDW0405TD16.webp

Along the way we saw Miss Piggy and Kermit.

z24WDW0405TD17.jpg

By this time we had received the text that our room at the AK was ready, so we headed over there and took a nap.

z24WDW0405TD18.jpg

z24WDW0405TD19.jpg

z24WDW0405TD20.jpg

Since we were staying Concierge Level, there wasn’t much of a view. Hopefully that will be different in December. We’re staying at Kidani with a Savannah view.

z24WDW0405TD21.jpg

z24WDW0405TD22.jpg

z24WDW0405TD23.jpg

z24WDW0405TD24.jpg

z24WDW0405TD26.jpg

This was the view outside of our room.

z24WDW0405TD27.jpg

This is the Concierge Lounge

z24WDW0405TD28.jpg

Lobby view from the CL.

z24WDW0405TD29.jpg

Then we went to Jiko for dinner. It wasn't a long enough nap. I was comatose at dinner.

z24WDW0405TD30.jpg

z24WDW0405TD31.jpg

We split the Jiko filet with mac and cheese. I couldn’t even finish the half portion, I was just so tired. I took it back to the room, but never finished it. There was just too much food all week.

z24WDW0405TD32.jpg

z24WDW0405TD33.jpg

When I got back to the room, I went right to bed. I had an online meeting at 8PM Pacific time, so I set an alarm for 10:50PM Eastern time, and went right to sleep. I did wake right up and made the meeting. I was still pretty tired and I looked like it too. The meeting ended just after midnight and I decided that I deserved to take a bath. After the tub in the Cabin that I could not get to work, this was a refreshing treat.

Then I went back to sleep for at least another five hours or so.

z24WDW0405TD34.jpg

Last edited:
Just "NO" I don't want to eat anything in the hot tub! :laughing:
I guess, technically, if you eat in a hot tub and spill food in it... it's soup.
It was the last day of the trip for Jenny and Michael. They would be flying home today.
Last days are always the worst days.
“We are so so sick. We’re going to try to sleep until the last minute then Uber”
Oh, no! Hope they recovered quickly. :(
Interesting shot. :)
Second best animatronic/mannequin on the ride.
the exterior lights didn’t come on the night before. OK that’s weird for both buildings not to have the lights come on.
Again???
After we got off the ride, my tenant texted me that the washer and dryer were not working either. That’s when I realized that it was not a bad sensor, but that the House Meters had been turned off. I won’t go into it, but I’d been having difficulties with So Cal Edison trying to transfer the buildings into my name. I had not found one sales rep who was at all cooperative.
:headache: 😡
I called Edison. I was on the phone for 40 minutes with them.
:sad2:
meters within a few hours of the phone call ending, but there is another matter that is still pending. I hope that it is resolved by the time I get to this point in the TR. Spoiler alert. It’s not solved, they still owe me a crap ton of money. I need to submit the documents one more time and tell them that at this point, “I will be contacting my lawyer.”
This is getting ridiculous. You don't need this on vacation. Heck, you don't need this if you weren't on vacation!
I'll take either right or left. :drinking1
Interesting angle on this one. I like it. :)
Proof you met up! :)
Along the way we saw Miss Piggy and Kermit.
Huh. I don't think I've seen that one. And seems a bit out of place in Epcot? :confused3
By this time we had received the text that our room at the AK was ready, so we headed over there and took a nap.
Nap...

I aspire to being able to go to Disney and take a nap! :laughing:
I see what you did there. ;)
Since we were staying Concierge Level, there wasn’t much of a view.
Really? Huh. I'd have thought that it would almost guarantee you a view.
Yussss...
This was the view outside of our room.
That lobby is soooo well done.
This is the Concierge Lounge
Thanks for that. Never seen it. :)
Then we went to Jiko for dinner. It wasn't a long enough nap. I was comatose at dinner.
Oh dear... :hug:
Wow, that looks good!
We split the Jiko filet with mac and cheese. I couldn’t even finish the half portion, I was just so tired. I took it back to the room, but never finished it.
And to this day, there is a piece of filet, roaming the halls at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter