There now?

MikkiSpouse

Earning My Ears
Hi, we're considering a last minute trip to Universal next week. We would be in Orlando the 14th through 21st and spend 3-4 days at the parks. With the coronavirus concerns, I'm wondering how accurate the crowd calendars can expect to be right now. Can anyone at the parks now tell me how crowded they are?? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give!!

I don't think there will be much of a hit (yet) in terms of expected crowds. Currently there are no (reported) cases in Orange county, and there are no travel advisories to the area.

I have been checking hotel availability to see if it looks like there are major cancellations happening. For example, a few weeks ago looking at RPR I saw there was no available rooms for a family of 4, where as now when I check I can see there are some 2 queen rooms available. And so while there are undoubtedly be some people cancelling their trips last minute, I don't think it's going to be a significant difference. Maybe 1 point on the crowd calendar scales at best (i.e. if a crowd calendar is predicting a 9/10, it may in actuality be an 8/10).

Next week is March break for most of Canada and many people go to Orlando during that timeframe (as I'm sure from many places in the US also having spring break period). But with the cost of these vacations being quite high, most will not cancel last minute and lose all of that money unless they are forced not to go (a new Travel ban, parks close etc.)

Now if you have a cruise booked, that's a different story.

I've been wondering the same thing
I was supposed to be there is week for spring break and ended up canceling as my concern was stuck in Florida.
It did not look as busy as I'd expect for the Mardia Gras parade in the videos I've seen the last few days - but that in anecdotal.
Would be good to hear from someone on the ground.

But with the cost of these vacations being quite high, most will not cancel last minute and lose all of that money unless they are forced not to go (a new Travel ban, parks close etc.)
Universal and Jet Blue have been extremely flexible in this situation, waving cancellation fees and even refunding APs bought with Flex pay.
I am very disappointed about not going, but I cant say enough about how good their customer service has been.

Thanks for the insight. We went ahead and booked for the first part of next week. 100% refundable. Wish us luck!

Well i'm glad it was 100% refundable. That's not me making light of your now cancelled vacation. This sucks for all. Will be interesting how this plays out, no way these parks are open April 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter