Things No longer seen on DCL or Castaway Cay

I miss leaving a pillowcase and fabric pens at Guest Relations on embarkation day and returning to our cabin on the last night to a pillowcase signed by all the characters.

I also miss character breakfasts with Mickey and Minnie.

Something you don't see anymore? Two grand staircases on Wonder and Magic. They had 2, one from either side, but in the refit they removed the starboard staircase. Opens up the area nicely, but it was cool seeing the characters lining both stairways or the cast parading down from both sides.

I miss beautiful staircases and the gorgeous Chihuly chandeliersED30436D-ABB9-49A7-83EB-FAE8D6B2E72D.jpeg

Ok I'm gonna say it. Smoking a cigar while drinking a Captain Morgan and Coke on the Veranda when they had the actual wall mounted marine ashtrays. There I got it out. Let the flames begin. :)

View attachment 534972
My uncle is a smoker and he was so excited to go on his first cruise so he could easily smoke on his balcony. Then he found out that it was no longer permitted.

How about the old loungers?
View attachment 535041
Actually my daughter had an "incident" with one of the chairs when she was younger. Her foot and lower part of her leg slipped through one of the slots and was pinching her leg. I wasn't there but my wife was in a panic because the crew on the pool deck didn't know what to do. A crew member with a knife was able to to cut the plastic to release her leg. After that we called the loungers "incident chairs". Fast forward some years and at Cane Garden Bay beach in Tortola and they had the same exact chairs! They were pretty beat up and they must have come from one of the DCL ships. BTW where was that picture taken with those chairs Shmoo?

I never took home the conditioner or shampoo as that brand was not great with my hair and DH did not like the strong scent. But, I love the Mickey soaps!

Last edited:
I still have 2 of the Lotion bottles left. I use them extremely sparingly/only when sunburn occurs
We just stayed at GF at WDW and still got the bottles! It was super exciting for me. They are sitting in my closet and I am waiting for a rainy day to use them when its been a while and I am missing Disney

The welded seams are actually stronger than the parent steel they are joining together. The tubes for US nuclear subs are welded in a similar fashion.
Good to know! I just kept thinking it looked like supergluing together a toy that broke in half! Such a weird way to build a ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter