Things that might come back

I think the fresh air has been really nice.
Anyone else notice the air quality in their town is very very good? I was just checking the temp and noticed the little air quality button by me is a bright green 24, I don't think I've ever seen it that low in Spring. I'm in a valley and got used to the poor quality, being told it was pollen and such from the kids pediatricians, but plants don't react to a stay home order

Nope, our air quality has been in the moderately unhealthy range for days now, due to just pollen. We've had "high pollen warnings" almost every day for a week. The other day, we had a high ozone alert, due to the inversion.

Our air quality is usually really good, but it's bad now due to natural causes. I have noticed less smog in the distance over Los Angeles, though. I'm sure their air quality has improved considerably due to less traffic.

I really, really hope so. My kids are trades bound, due to disabilities that will keep them from being college bound. One son wants to be a mechanic and the other an electrician.
My son (14) has despised school from day one. I have been highly encouraging him to look into the trades. Right now, those are the folks who are working, kwim? People forgot that we need them. My DH started out digging ditches on the construction site of the power plant that eventually took him on and he went from there. He makes a good living despite not having a degree.

My son (14) has despised school from day one. I have been highly encouraging him to look into the trades. Right now, those are the folks who are working, kwim? People forgot that we need them. My DH started out digging ditches on the construction site of the power plant that eventually took him on and he went from there. He makes a good living despite not having a degree.

I am absolutely relishing the fact that the essential jobs at this point (excluding health care workers and government officials) are predominantly jobs that do NOT require college education. It is high time we start valuing these jobs for what they contribute to society.

Hopefully more american manufactering. I think we are learning what relying on other countries for supply chains can do.

I’m not sure I understand why this crisis would cause that change.

None of the things that are hard to find at the grocery store are made abroad, toilet paper is made here. I have not heard of supply chain problems actually occurring for any common products.

several major American companies have demonstrated that they can switch over to producing respirators when compelled to do so. I won’t discuss the speed at which we decided to compel them, but the problem isn’t the lack of ability.

as I understand it, China is back up and running so I don’t anticipate any future supply problems coming from their inability to provide us products.

so, whether good or bad (I’m not making a moral argument for or against American manufacturing), I don’t see how the lesson learned from this crisis is that we need to be LESS economically dependent.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that when things go back to normal maybe its smart to have at least SOME provisions here - certainly enough to prevent the current situation. Certainly, people who only ever ate at restaurants should at least be considering that maybe filling all their cabinets with heat and eat soup and cereal, some Gatorade and such might be a good idea for emergencies... and maybe keeping some cash on hand while learning how to make toast and eggs would be a help.

As for things that come back, I just saw a story in the NY post about a brilliant entrepreneur who fixed a wine carrier to a dog to deliver wine, like St Bernards did. What a nice way to lift spirits & keep a business going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter