Things to Do in Hawaii Kai or Near Kualoa Ranch

MimiDee905

Mouseketeer
Hello Aulani lovers!

Our trip is just three short months away in June of this year!

I am looking for some advice / recommendations on things to do after our initial morning activities on two of our days on the island.

One morning/early afternoon will be spent at Kualoa Ranch. I am looking for anything else noteworthy to visit in the area including sites or awesome food!

One morning we will be doing a scooter submarine excursion in the Hawaii Kai area and should be done around lunchtime. So I am looking again for anything else noteworthy to visit in the area including sites or awesome food!

I know both of these places are treks to get to from Aulani and I want to make sure we really get to experience as much as possible in those areas before driving back to Aulani.

Thank you!

One morning/early afternoon will be spent at Kualoa Ranch. I am looking for anything else noteworthy to visit in the area including sites or awesome food!
We spent a morning at Kualoa Ranch and opted to have the buffet lunch offered at the ranch. It was delish! They also have menu items you can order if you don't want a buffet. Much of the food is grown/raised at the ranch, so it was fresh and delicious. After the ranch, we stopped down the road at the Byodo-In Temple which took about a half hour. Beautiful place. We then proceeded to Kailua where we walked around a bit and stopped by the beach which is gorgeous. Kailua has a few unique dining options. We agreed that next time we would plan to spend the whole afternoon at one of the beaches in this area.

Hanauma Bay is on the upper edge of Hawaii Kai.

If you're super fit you can try the Koko Crater Trail (1048 stairs going up 800+ feet). It's an awesome view if you can make it up.

If you can drive just a couple miles more, go to the Makapuu Trail. It's an easy paved trail. The ocean views from the top are amazing and you might even see pods of whales during season.

Kona Brewing is just meh food. It's owned or will soon be owned by Anheuser Busch - so meh beer too. Most just go there for the waterside seating. Instead, go a few shops down and buy some awesome burgers and shakes at Teddy's Bigger Burger and then grab a table near the water.

If you like Thai, eat at Maile's Thai Bistro. It's one of the best Thai restaurants on Oahu. It's about a 1/2 mile away from Kona Brewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter