Things to do inside Disney not in parks?

monica9

DIS Veteran
Besides bowling, mini golf, cirque de soleil, are there any other things to do inside Disney outside of the parks for a couple hours?

Visit the resorts! So many great shops, lounges and various things to see. Especially in the evening. We love the music in the evenings at the Tiki Terrace at the Poly, having ice cream at the walk up window at Beaches n Cream, renting a golf cart to drive around Fort Wilderness (Chip and Dale sing along if its back), shopping at Basin White at Grand Floridian. Having a drink at the Outer Rim at Contemporary, entertainers in the evening on the Boardwalk. The list goes on and on. If you are staying at a Disney resort check the activities calendar for movies, pool games and other fun things to do. You can watch the movies or participate in most of the activities (other than pool games) at any resort even if you're not staying there.

Hi monica9
I think sometimes it depends upon which Resort you are staying at.

I know we did lots of resort activities at AKV (Animal Kingdom Villa) (Jambo) in the past.
Here are a few things we did:
Floor rubbings/ cast member story tellings.
Baked treats at Bomas
We went on a scavenger hunt that I had designed and printed for the savannah,,, ate ice cream at Mara's as a reward.
Photo Find 25 Hidden Mickeys and take a telephone photo of them. (Reward was one gift shop souvenir).
Have fun planning
Hugs Mel

Hi. Thanks for the help. We’ve stayed at most of the Disney resorts and done all those things. I think the fort wilderness might be an option of something different and even the boardwalk although we were thinking of doing that for an hour during our second Epcot day.
The only resorts we haven’t visited or stayed at are Saratoga springs, old key west and port orleans. We are staying for the first time at a Disney springs hotel so maybe SSR is an option although I’m not sure there’s anything to do there

How could I forget my absolute favorite non-park activity although its evenings only Wed-Sat. Yeeha Bob at Port Orleans Riverside. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ Yeeha Bob!!!

Oak Trail has a footgolf course. Fort Wilderness has quite a few activities, some free some paid -- Tri-Circle-D ranch, pony rides, horseback riding, wagon rides, archery, fishing, bike rentals, segway tours, etc. I don't know if the canoe or kayak rentals have re-started or not. Keep in mind that reservations may be required to access parking at the Fort unless you arrive by WDW transportation.

When we have a free day at Disney my kids love seeing how many modes of transportation we can use in a day. We bounce from resort to resort and then to Disney Springs. We grab snacks and drinks along the way.

We love walking around the Boardwalk area and around the lake to Yacht Club and Beach Club. Walk the path from Epcot to the Studios if the weather is nice. Monorail Loop Hotel tour. Boat ride to the Campground or Wilderness Lodge.
Geyser Point is our new favorite spot for a drink, apps or meal.

I am with the others here. If you haven't been to some of the resorts then visiting them is always fun. Visit all of the monorail resorts in a loop. Spend a day at Fort Wilderness (Hoop Dee Doo), Go to Port Orleans for beignets. There are so many good things to see and do. All of the resorts have special activities for kids.

We are staying off property with 2 young children
I’m thinking that going to fort wilderness to explore might might nice.
Can we park right on property and walk around?

Parking at Ft. Wilderness, as at pretty much all WDW resorts, can be difficult. They may not let you park there if you don’t have a reservation of some kind, whether for dining or recreational activity.

If you can’t park there, the easiest alternative would be to pay to park at the TTC, then take the monorail or ferry to MK, then the boat to Ft. Wilderness. That could be frustrating for members of your party who see MK right there but can’t go in!

A less frustrating alternative would be to park at Disney Springs and take the bus to Ft. Wilderness.

You’ll have to take the internal bus within Ft. Wilderness in any case.

We had so much fun renting a pontoon boat from the Contemporary just before the sunset and have already returned and talked about doing it again . So 3 times in one year… At first the fear of steering the wheel and being responsible and then realizing it has to be parked too!
But it’s almost as easy as driving a car.
I think we rented it for one hour .
Bonus if you can figure out how to use your Bluetooth thru boat speakers and have YoHo A pirates life for me and Beyond the Sea from Nemo .

Besides bowling, mini golf, cirque de soleil, are there any other things to do inside Disney outside of the parks for a couple hours?

Skyliner is basically a really long Disney ride.

The Ferry between Epcot Gateway and Hollywood is also a ride.

The boat between Disney and Polynesian/Floridan and Wilderness Lodge/Wilderness Campground is also a ride.

The Horse stables, Horses at Wilderness Campground.

Monorail also a ride.

the Buses I don't consider a ride.

We had so much fun renting a pontoon boat from the Contemporary just before the sunset and have already returned and talked about doing it again . So 3 times in one year… At first the fear of steering the wheel and being responsible and then realizing it has to be parked too!
But it’s almost as easy as driving a car.
I think we rented it for one hour .
Bonus if you can figure out how to use your Bluetooth thru boat speakers and have YoHo A pirates life for me and Beyond the Sea from Nemo .
How much to rent?

Fort Wilderness has two areas with horses.

The front horse area near the entrance is where the real horse rides are.

Towards the back there's a bigger real stable where you can see the clydsedales in the stables and then also a littler pony ride fenced area for kids to ride ponys (for a fee).

Close to that is also the Hoop Dee Doo, the General Store, and the boat landing that goes to Magic Kingdom.

Oak Trail has a footgolf course. Fort Wilderness has quite a few activities, some free some paid -- Tri-Circle-D ranch, pony rides, horseback riding, wagon rides, archery, fishing, bike rentals, segway tours, etc. I don't know if the canoe or kayak rentals have re-started or not. Keep in mind that reservations may be required to access parking at the Fort unless you arrive by WDW transportation.
Once your arrive by Disney transportation, can you just walk around at your leisure and participate in the above activities?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter