Things You Wish Disneyland Would Do to Keep the Magic Alive?

heathpack

Mouseketeer
We bought the Flex Pass in Sept 2019 and were planning a year of heavy Disneyland visits. We’re really fortunate in that we got to visit at least 10 days before the park got shut down. We rode RotR 3-4 times, saw Halloween Screams, the Christmas Parade, Fantasmic and the new parade that had just started prior to the shutdown, visited during Halloween, Christmas, Lunar New Year and even caught the first day of Food and Wine. No complaints.

However one thing we had planned was to try to do every tour they offered. We only got to do the Christmas Tour. You know what I wish they’d do during the shutdown? A monthly informative virtual tour. Get someone in the park walking through it and talking about- whatever. History, architecture, biography, imagineering, horticulture, the hotels and downtown Disney. Maybe once a month. I wonder if I’m the only dork who would be interested in something like this?

One day I was pandemic-lounging in my backyard and I somehow found the soundtrack to Trader Sams. Listening to that made me really miss it. Disney creates a lot of ambience with sights and sounds (and smells!) and I’ll bet they could do a pretty great virtual tour.

Would anyone else be up for virtual tours? Or wishing for some other “keeping it alive” virtual experiences? Like I don’t know what- maybe a meal kit delivered by mail with a virtual cooking or mixology school? What are y’all wishing for?

Similar things are being offered, or have been, by the Disney Parks Blog or by D23 over the past few months. There have been recipes for DIY Disney at home, virtual tour through the Disney Archives, some posters have put up links to tours or other videos on YouTube, etc. Some museums have posted virtual tours -- check to see if the Disney Family Museum or if the Bowers Museum has anything posted. D23 has a program that streams until this weekend on a new Holiday in the Parks book that is coming out soon. (D23 events usually require membership.) Things are out there and people have been posting about them here. Start with the Good News thread on this board and look over the other threads that have been posted here since mid-March. DISers have been pretty creative with making the Magic at home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter