Thinking of Christmas

Hand warmers ,the kind you crack and they heat up. ( bed bath beyond)

Have you ever used these? How well do they work? Do they go right against your hand inside the mitt/glove, or are they wrapped in something first? Do they ever get too hot?

Last winter there were a few days where it didn't seem to matter what mitts or gloves I tried using - my fingers froze will crossing the kids.

Last Christmas I gave my husband a Keurig. He had been talking about one for a few months.
This year my son's stocking will be filled mostly with Keurig pods. He loves that machine more than any of us.

Have you ever used these? How well do they work? Do they go right against your hand inside the mitt/glove, or are they wrapped in something first? Do they ever get too hot?

Last winter there were a few days where it didn't seem to matter what mitts or gloves I tried using - my fingers froze will crossing the kids.

Hi Hon
I have not personally used them but my Boss (Principal) went on a school trip to Nunavut one year and said they were a life saver.
He said you just crack them and slip them inside your mitts. I know Canadian Tire sells them also.
I think they even have toe ones.
I might give them a try as if anything get cold on me it's my hands.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/grabber-hand-warmers-10-pk-0750057p.html#srphttps://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/grabber-toe-warmers-10-pk-0750099p.html#srpHugs
Mel

Last Christmas I gave my husband a Keurig. He had been talking about one for a few months.
This year my son's stocking will be filled mostly with Keurig pods. He loves that machine more than any of us.

Oh me toooooo!
I love the Tim Hortons French Vanilla Cappuccino ,,,scared to check the calories in it though.
lol
I got my mini Keurig from Airmiles,,great deal.
Hugs
Mel

My shop so far

1.) Hand warmers ,the kind you crack and they heat up. ( bed bath beyond)
Warm Vanilla hand cream (Body shop)
Hogwarts jelly bean candy box (bed bath beyond).
Coconut oil hand cleanse gel (Body Shop).

2.) Small mini jar Yankee candle (cinnamon) (Bed Bath Beyond)
I'm adding my favorite Mickey Mouse cookie cutter head
and my cinnamon clay dough recipe to make decorations.

3.) Tim's Gift card with red & white Tic Tac gum
Born Lippy lip balm (strawberry) (Body shop).

4.) Bath bombs x3 (Body shop)
Coconut shower wash/cream mini bottle (Body Shop).

5.) Christmas hair ties (Body Shop)
mini bottles of green tea & banana shampoos (Body Shop)

6.) 4 packages of really cool gourmet hot chocolate (Bed bath beyond)
1 mini wooden spoon( Bed bath beyond)

7. Fairy lights (Giant Tiger)
and I think some sparkly nail polish and a nail file (probably Shoppers Drug Mart)

8.) My mom's Gold Butterfly necklace. (from my heart)

9.) Shoppers $25 Gift Card
Burt's Bees Lip balm

10.) Christmas "Believe" bell & ribbon (Amazon.ca)
Kit Kat minis (her favorite chocolate).

11.) Mc Cafe $30.00 Gift Card
Mini Epcot mug ( I bought it and put away a few years ago).

12.) A $100 Amazon gift card.

I will be adding as many sweet treats from (Little Bit Britain store in my local Plaza)
as I can get into the bags.

That's all I have so far.
Hugs
Mel

P.S.
I do have very pretty cotton yarn to make her a scarf BUT I have never made one in my life so I am not promising ,,,lol.
This is really helpful. I checked out body shop today. They seem to be getting in a lot of Christmas stuff soon. I’m going to steal some of your ideas!

Hi Hon
I have not personally used them but my Boss (Principal) went on a school trip to Nunavut one year and said they were a life saver.
He said you just crack them and slip them inside your mitts. I know Canadian Tire sells them also.
I think they even have toe ones.
I might give them a try as if anything get cold on me it's my hands.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/grabber-hand-warmers-10-pk-0750057p.html#srphttps://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/grabber-toe-warmers-10-pk-0750099p.html#srpHugs
Mel

Ok, thanks. I'll have to give these a try.

Oh me toooooo!
I love the Tim Hortons French Vanilla Cappuccino ,,,scared to check the calories in it though.
lol
I got my mini Keurig from Airmiles,,great deal.
Hugs
Mel

Oh ohh! You know what we need? A Keurig Advent Calendar with various speciality drinks that you normally can't purchase! I googled and couldn't find such a thing. I'm on hold with Keurig to see if they make such a calendar. Googling did turn up photos of a Tim Horton's K-cup advent calendar though I could not find one specifically to purchase. I'll have to contact them.

Keurig doesn't. I'm surprised. They are missing a market.

I have just started to really think about what Christmas will look like this year. I have always tried to make the holidays special for my kids but now that they are older it is getting harder. This year even more so, not sure if we will have my parents over or if we should go over there. We could eat out on the Covered Deck with layers on. That in itself would be an adventure :earboy2:, my daughter is a nurse and lives at home so we have been very careful about being around my parents just outside.

I have started getting little gifts together which is way early for me hahaa, so that is a bonus. I am trying to get what I can from small local shops before ordering everything on Amazon which would be way easier. Since our trips were cancelled for Disneyland I will have to deck the house out in Disney for the holidays

Just a heads-up. I heard on the radio today that Canada Post is advising people if you're ordering gifts online to do so sooner rather than later. Apparently Canada Post is already at Christmas busy delivery levels as it is. They are saying it's going to get busier and take longer to get deliveries out.

Not to mention the fact that some merchandise is getting hard to locate to even purchase.

Just a heads-up. I heard on the radio today that Canada Post is advising people if you're ordering gifts online to do so sooner rather than later. Apparently Canada Post is already at Christmas busy delivery levels as it is. They are saying it's going to get busier and take longer to get deliveries out.

Not to mention the fact that some merchandise is getting hard to locate to even purchase.

1603403294189.png
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!
I am making (knitting) my first ever scarf for my granddaughter........time to pick up the pace.
I have to mail all her gifts!!!!
Hugs
Mel

Yes I was trying to get matching PJ'S for my family and some of the sizes already say limited supply. I thought about the matching sets from Children's place but my family didn't like the year on them so I found similar styles and patterns of bottoms from Walmart and they have been delivered already. Now I am just on the hunt for sleep tops. I think I found some for the ladies and just have to find some for the 2 men in the family. We are all adults here so I don't need to find any childrens stuff to match.

Christmas presents stress me out every year. I admire all of you organized people with great ideas.

My senior mom’s basement is filled to the brim with unopened presents over the years. She doesn’t like anything.

My boys are 17, 22, 24. Hard to buy for them. They have enough clothes and electronics. I try to give them experiences instead but this year I can’t buy them Cineplex gift cards or sports tickets.

I always buy DH something related to a vacation we’d be going on like new swimming shorts, etc but not this year.

This year will be extra stressful.

I have used these, and the boot ones too. You can put them against your skin, but I know I have seen little “pockets” that they slip into and then that goes against your hand. I will see if I can find one online to show you.

edit to add: this one is a rechargeable, but the little pouch is just knitted

DH wants and needs a spice rack. I am so tired of cleaning up spilled spices from those baggies that never get resealed!

I am buying him this paderno one from Stokes:

Christmas presents stress me out every year. I admire all of you organized people with great ideas.

My senior mom’s basement is filled to the brim with unopened presents over the years. She doesn’t like anything.

My boys are 17, 22, 24. Hard to buy for them. They have enough clothes and electronics. I try to give them experiences instead but this year I can’t buy them Cineplex gift cards or sports tickets.

I always buy DH something related to a vacation we’d be going on like new swimming shorts, etc but not this year.

This year will be extra stressful.
I gave up a few years ago with my 3 sons (28,25,23). I purchase things to make up a stocking and a pair of pajama pants to wear around the house. Then I give them a cheque to make up the rest of what I was going to spend. They have no trouble finding things they want (tools, electronic toys, weekend away etc). Much less stress.

The worst is when family asks what to buy our kids (24, 12). Like, I am having enough trouble figure that out for myself! Now, I buy everything they mention and then if people need an idea, I tell them I already have it bought and they give me the money for it and they get the gift LOL This way people are not wasting their money on something they will never wear/use. Win / Win for everyone!

So
I am wondering if a 16 year old would shop at Old Navy /Gap?
I don't want to be the uncool Nana!

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!