Thinking of Christmas

Female--best granddaughter and only grandchild.
I think some might....especially Gap. My daughter said that Banana Republic is more office wear or for those in their twenties and up. What about Aritzia or Lululemon. A gift card for whatever you would spend. They are pricey stores but I know the teenagers around here save to buy there.

Hey guys
Thanks
While the PC points is great I don't want to get her something she won't use.
I think I will give her 3 choices and go with what she says.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Christmas presents stress me out every year. I admire all of you organized people with great ideas.

My senior mom’s basement is filled to the brim with unopened presents over the years. She doesn’t like anything.

My boys are 17, 22, 24. Hard to buy for them. They have enough clothes and electronics. I try to give them experiences instead but this year I can’t buy them Cineplex gift cards or sports tickets.

I always buy DH something related to a vacation we’d be going on like new swimming shorts, etc but not this year.

This year will be extra stressful.
I hope you are able to find something for everyone, it is going to be harder this year. No idea what to get hubby this year for his bday or for christmas.. ahhhh

Ugh, I have ZERO idea what to get my 15 year old. He does not need any technology or video games, he is not into clothes and wears a school uniform during the week. Usually we would get him some sort of game but there is nothing this year he wants! He is not a acquisitive kid so he rarely asks for things. It's really hard when he is an only child and the only grandchild on both sides of the family so everyone wants to know what he wants!

My adult sons are getting

1 Ubereats gift voucher (via airmiles) (something to eat)
1 Amazon Gift card (via BMO promo airmiles) (gadget to play with)
1 Esso Gas Gift card ( PC Points ) (for those moments when payday is far away)
1 Starbucks e voucher (via airmiles) (early morning meeting fuel)
1 Tim Horton/McDonalds Gift card (BMO promo airmiles) (for when the munchies hit home)

Do we see a pattern here people.:rotfl:
I do love my sons but hey if I can get some points or airmiles I am all for it.
And on a plus side these are very easy to wrap.
I bought all my reusable gift bags here and they are
good quality and have super fast shipping.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SewGoodGiftBags(Tell Leslie Mel sent you).

I am considering getting them each a 5 new release digital movie vouchers (yes again airmiles).:-)
They do love P.J. lounge pants also. (something to wear).

Hugs Mel

Uggh I haven’t really started shopping I’m at a loss this year . Usually we put cmas money towards trips.. Big kid wanted a new PS or Xbox now he’s staying wait , DD wants an Apple Watch , and the little boys change their minds weekly. We were supposed to be at Disney this Xmas .
I just need things to turn around a little. We lost great gram this week ( expected in LTC so very different but DD was very close ) and Dd is dealing with a tragic accident that rocked her school this week .So over 2020.
We aren’t trick or treating doing a visits to a farm during the day and treats at night and movies etc ..but I’m seriously thinking we start to decorate for the holidays the day after.. we could use something anything to pick us up a little ..

@TammyLynn33, sorry to hear of your losses. You are certainly going through a rough patch.

I usually don't decorate for Christmas until Grey Cup Sunday (not a football fan so this is what I do) but this year those decorations are going up November 1 (or 2nd). Like most of you, I need a little more of my favourite season this year.

The boys asked if this means Christmas baking will also be earlier this year as I'm decorating earlier. I said I would think about it. Maybe I'll make one treat each week instead of saving them all for the two weeks of Christmas celebrations. Time for a Christmas baking thread!

@TammyLynn33, sorry to hear of your losses. You are certainly going through a rough patch.

I usually don't decorate for Christmas until Grey Cup Sunday (not a football fan so this is what I do) but this year those decorations are going up November 1 (or 2nd). Like most of you, I need a little more of my favourite season this year.

The boys asked if this means Christmas baking will also be earlier this year as I'm decorating earlier. I said I would think about it. Maybe I'll make one treat each week instead of saving them all for the two weeks of Christmas celebrations. Time for a Christmas baking thread!

Paging Donald!!!! 🤶

Donald - my hero
We need a new thread ****Christmas Baking With Donald***🎄
Hugs Mel

I plan to take part in some neighbourhood drive arounds this year.
Good music on the radio,,full heat on with the window cracked a bit.
Hot beverage (chocolate,tea,coffee and a cookie snack).
Enjoy the Christmas lights and displays.

Hugs
Mel

Uggh I haven’t really started shopping I’m at a loss this year . Usually we put cmas money towards trips.. Big kid wanted a new PS or Xbox now he’s staying wait , DD wants an Apple Watch , and the little boys change their minds weekly. We were supposed to be at Disney this Xmas .
I just need things to turn around a little. We lost great gram this week ( expected in LTC so very different but DD was very close ) and Dd is dealing with a tragic accident that rocked her school this week .So over 2020.
We aren’t trick or treating doing a visits to a farm during the day and treats at night and movies etc ..but I’m seriously thinking we start to decorate for the holidays the day after.. we could use something anything to pick us up a little ..
Deepest condolences for your loss and hope your DD gets the support she needs through this difficult time both at home and from school. It’s not easy for the young mind to deal with these circumstances at the same time under a pandemic!

Our city has opted out of a traditional Christmas parade and is setting up a drive-by parade instead. Santa's float (I believe only the one float instead of multiple) will be set up in a large parking lot and everyone will line-up in their cars to drive-by and wave at Santa.

So
I am wondering if a 16 year old would shop at Old Navy /Gap?
I don't want to be the uncool Nana!

Hugs
Mel
Be care with the Gap. They were just on the news and are having trouble. They may go on line only.

I would think most teens / young adults these days are going to American Eagle.

Be care with the Gap. They were just on the news and are having trouble. They may go on line only.

I would think most teens / young adults these days are going to American Eagle.
Thanks for the heads up
I think this is something many people are thinking about going into Christmas shopping.
I do think she would probably be shopping at Old Navy and hopefully they stay afloat during these
crazy times.
Two more months and counting!!!!
🎄 🎄
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Joining in 😊

I love Christmas more then anything (well I love Disney as much but that’s for another thread😉)
I am making a plan A and a plan B for Christmas this year. Plan A is a modified version of a regular Christmas at our house.. Christmas Eve with my family (DDs, SILs, My Mom and the fabulous 3 Grands) Christmas day has to be modified from a large extended family gathering at my Sisters into something that works within whatever bubble/social circle is in place December 25th.

Plan B is to do whatever is put into place to keep Covid at bay ☹... My Mom is 93 yrs old with asthma - just can not chance with her health. We live together.

I’ve been online shopping since the beginning of September (Zulily, Amazon, etc) and have the Grands almost done. I’m working on the “big kids” (adults) beginning in November. I have list upon list on the go and have seen some great ideas here on the thread to add to the lists!

For the time being & until we know what this wave is going to do... I’m holding out positive thoughts and keeping my 🤞🏻 that Christmas will be filled with all the traditions I love.

My parents are asking what Jackson and I want this year... he's not too hard, but me? I want practical things, like a gift card for the grocery store lol. I asked for bike racks for the garage, you put the front wheel in and tip the whole bike up! So it takes up a lot less floor space. Other than that, I can't think of anything :( I have no idea what to get them either. My sister and I stopped getting each other gifts a few years ago. I usually get my parents something but not sure what to do this year.

I do want to get a new tree this year, my current one is a bit old, seems to be loosing a lot of "needles" and the cats have destroyed a few branches. I wanted to get a nice little one but kiddo was against that. So we'll see! I wonder if a narrow one might be ok?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter