Thinking of the Visa Rewards Card

D23Ry

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

So right now I have an Amazon Visa Card. I get 3 points for every dollar spent at Amazon, gas and groceries (maybe a few other things, not sure).

Right now the reward I have set up is, for every 10,000 points I get $100 cash back.

I was wondering if the Disney Visa would be a better bet since I use the rewards on trips to DW anyways. Can anyone tell me how the rewards work? is it about the same 10,000 points = $100?

Thanks!!

For every $100 spent you get $1 in rewards. You also get many other perks such as 0% for 6 months on Disney vacation packages, free 5x7 photo opportunity at DL and EPCOT, % off park tours and some shopping locations, and advanced booking of some Disney travel discounts before the general public. There are also times when you can get 3x or 5x the rewards for certain months in certain spending categories.

for more info, go to www.disneyrewards.com

Here is a list of perks you get with the card

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/credit/themeparkperks.html#none

How the rewards works= when I arrive at Disney I go to guest services at DTD or any of the parks. There I am issued a rewards redemption card. I call the 800# and ask them to transfer my rewards from the cc. Once the rewards card has been loaded with my rewards points I am set to spend them. You can also request this card before you leave for your trip and they will mail it to you. I prefer to wait till I get there that way I don't have to worry about it getting delayed in the mail.

If I'm not mistaken, you also have benefits such as no interest (6 months?) when you book something like a cruise on DCL (for that purchase). If you live and breathe Disney, even using the card is fun. :wizard:

We have a Disney Visa and used points earned over time for our last trip. You can get the rewards card well in advance of your trip to make sure it shows up in time and then go to the web site just before you leave to add any points you've earned in between the card coming and your trip day.

After our last trip we switched to using the Chase Freedom. We get 1% on most purchases but each quarter you can get 5% on select purchases. I totaled it up and we earned much more with Freedom than Disney due to the 5%. For instance this quarter is 5% on travel and some other things. I booked our flight and earn 5% of the air fare.

I'll use the Disney Visa for the hotel and park tickets so I can get 6 months to pay it off and get 1% of the charge for rewards.

It's like a one two punch for savings!:banana:

We have not 1 but 2 Disney Visas. We each got one because they offered us a $200. in Disney gift card cash to apply for each card. We applied & used them one time just to get the reward. Actually we used our first card to pay for our Disney cruise because it got us some extra stateroom credits.

Our main credit card is the capital one venture card so that we can get free airfare to Orlando. I do admit that we switch cards from time to time to get the free offers. NO this has not affected our credit rating. We never carry a balance on a credit card & try to close the cards that we are not using.

Travel hacking at it's best.

I think anyone involved with Disney should wait for the $200. offer from the Disney Visa. We have 2 of their cards & still get the $200. offer about once a month from them. hummm... maybe our 7 year old could apply. lol

DOBC - How did you get the $200 gift card offer for the Disney Visa?

Online it was something like $15 thru disney.com. I couldn't find any gift card through visa.com (previously I had seen the same $15).

I found on the dis forum where some had luck emailing customer service... so I tried that and was told the only offer on the table was the $15 and everything else was by invitation only. How do I get invited?... no response from customer service.

I then read on the dis forums that some had success after ordering the Disney Planning DVD. Did that and got a flyer for something like $50 gift card... still not $200.

I have excellent credit and currently have a Rewards VISA card with my wife(although my wife would be the sole applicant on this one). How can I get an offer for $200 gift card on the disney visa?

I received the offer for $200 this past April. After I had applied & was accepted I got another offer of $200. Since I already had two I thought that getting a third card was a bit much! We were already charter Disney Visa members. I don't know why we received the offer, but it sure came in handy on our trip a couple of weeks ago.

DOBC- How long did it take to get the $200 to post to your rewards account? We applied back in August and received the cards before the end of the month. We immediately used the card so the points would post. Now we have received our first statement, but still no points. We were wondering if it was because we already had a chase visa card (Non-Disney)?:confused3 We are leaving for Disney on 11/29:yay:, and are really hoping to have the extra $200 to spend in the parks!

We are thinking of signing up too for our upcoming trip. Got an ap at the disney store last night for a $25 gift card, but $200 would be better.

We want to put a down payment on our trip, does this count for the 6 months free interest, or just the whole trip?

So it's 1 pt for every $100? Do you just turn them into a gift card?

Convince me to sign up for this or not. We currently have amazon rewards card.

Does anybody know about the 10% off select merchandise of $50 or more at Disney?

What qualifies as Select Merchandise?

Also, if we link our Disney Visa to our Key to the World, will the discount still be received?

I have had the Disney visa card since july 2009 and have NEVER NEVER gotten any of the bonus % offers...just a flat 1% each and every month. How do you go about getting selected for more than 1% as a bonus???

Kecia

I have a Disney visa card and it is helpful, and have in the past gotten higher percentage points for certain item areas once i have spent past a threshold.

If you fly to WDW then Southwest's card give you the best returns 1.6% towards flights, and they have a program where if you order on line form retailers you can get a lot of point that way also.

If you go this route, wait till they have the 50,000 point offer for signing up.

Your AAA travel agent can send the $200 offer for the Chase Disney Visa card.

All merchandise over $50 is 10% off - at all shops at resorts, Downtown Disney, and parks. Sometimes they ask for your license to see if you are really you, sometimes not. All tours are discounted also.

There is no annual fee. Chase personnel are great at explaining how the gift card works, as well as how to get your points card before you leave for Disney. You can also get your gift card at the Meet & Greet location by Town Hall.

Who wouldn't want a free gift card?!?! :thumbsup2

I racked up $60.00 in Disney rewards in 9 months. I charge mostly big purchases like car insurance and groceries which I pay in full every month so no finance charges. Charged all of my X-mas purchases and used my X-mas club check to pay the credit card. DH needed new tires so we put it on this card.
Now we are going to Disney next month with some free spending money!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter