DLRP Park number 3

They have just moved the goal posts for the building of the third park from 2017 to 2030. So a step further away.

Shame it's going to take upto 20 years to build the Les Villages Nature de Val d’Europe.

They have just moved the goal posts for the building of the third park from 2017 to 2030. So a step further away.

Shame it's going to take upto 20 years to build the Les Villages Nature de Val d’Europe.

Where did you get this information from??

Disney lease the land from France in 1987 they signed a lease contract for 30 years (2017).
Now they opened the lease contract and extended it wit another 13 years (2030).

Nowhere is stated that in the original contract there was talk about a third themepark nowhere was stated that they wait to build until 2030.

DLRP signed a contract that allows DLRP to have a themepark on this property until 2030....

hmm, I actually wonder what the next model willbe? the studios was kind of an obvious choice, wonder if they'll go for something like epcot or something totally new altogether?

In the origonal agreement signed on 24 March 1987 with the French Goverment stated that consturuction of the third park should have comenced by 2017.

The latest deal with the French Goverment annoucned today just confirms that there has been an extension of the deadline by which Euro Disney SCA would have to develop the land from 2017 (under the previous deal) to 2030. And increase the number of hectares available for Disney to develop from 1,943 to 2,230 hectares.

There is an item in today's Telegraph where this extention is mentioned.

Unless economic conditions improve I can't see them breaking ground on a third park for quite a few years yet. But it would be nice to see a third park happen.

To pursue the development of the tourist destination for hotel and theme park activity, including notably
the right to build a third theme park in the long term thereby continuing to enhance the attractiveness of
Disneyland Paris and reflecting its support of France as a leader in tourism.

Interesting to see this worded as a "right", rather than a "requirement", which is what I thought it was originally. Still - at least it's still being mentioned which I guess is a plus.

I hope when they do build the third gate that it is somthing origonal and we do not end up with a European version of Disney's California Adventure Park.

Somthing like Tokyo DisneySea would be nice.

Interesting to see this worded as a "right", rather than a "requirement", which is what I thought it was originally. Still - at least it's still being mentioned which I guess is a plus.

I thought it was a requirement in the origonal agreement too that ground should have been broken by 2017 for the third park.

In the Telegraph yesturday was this Euro Disney ponders superheroes theme park

EuroDisney is considering building a Marvel-themed superheroes theme park after signing a fresh 20-year pact with the French government, the owners of the undeveloped land surrounding the parks.

Philippe Gas, the chief executive of Euro Disney, said one idea for a third park is "a superheroes park" following the acquisition of Marvel by Disney - although the construction of a third park is a long-term vision. Mr Gas said there is a possibility that a decision to build a third park could come as late as 2020, although it may come earlier if planned work on the Disney Studios park is completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter