Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Speaking of Dorian... yeah it was same as Matthew. We expected the worst and instead just got rain... and this rain wasn't even nearly as bad as Matthew. Not to mention, I spent a whole day at a very empty Epcot. Worth it.

Really though! I wish I'd been able to stay in Florida for this! (We left just a couple of days before.) The empty parks would have been amaze! Instead we came home to Canada and got pounded by the leftovers of Dorian, trees down everywhere, power out for days for lots of people, etc.

48911515433_a3c6b29afa_c.jpg

Oh my gosh, your costume! I love! Excellent choice.

Speaking of getaways, another thing...

I'M NOW A UNIVERSAL ORLANDO ANNUAL PASSHOLDER!!

Yay!! It's so much more affordable than Disney, too! I hope you're having a blast with it.

It's not an awful replacement for HalloWishes but HalloWishes far outdid Not So Spooky. It just doesn't fit with how Disney Halloween is at all or Jack Skellington and is just trying too hard to be Halloween and Disney at the same time in a way that doesn't work. I saw it once and don't need to see it again. I'll forever mourn the loss of HalloWishes.

I agree. I'm probably even just a bit more critical. But I thought it was enjoyable enough, but just not really comparable to HalloWishes. To me and my partner it felt kinda like watching a glorified episode of House of Mouse projected on the castle with a few cool fireworks thrown in.

Epcot Forever is clearly a place filler while HarmonioUS is ironed out, but I really love it. It's cute. It's fun seeing the history of Epcot celebrated and for Disney to actually give us a nice fan service celebration for once (a fireworks show with 'Listen To The Land' and 'Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit'? We WANTED this.) Also, the kites are AMAZING.

I'm very sad about Illuminations because it had sentimental value. But I do think Epcot Forever is cute and fun, and I love the music they pulled into it! (Except A Whole New World. That feels a little forced and out of place to me.) The kites are so beautiful! But yes, definitely a placeholder for sure.

OH WAIT!

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO AN EXTENSION AT GALAXY'S EDGE MERCH UNTIL MAY.

Congrats! That's super!

The current roommate situation... that is the real problem.

Uh oh. That doesn't sound good at all. Sorry it's not a good situation.

Timmy! Glad you came back :) We missed you! Though, since I've been following along on IG I don't feel like I've missed too much. I'm so glad you're sharing so much about HHN because it's something I just really didn't know anything about. I love watching horror movies, but jump scares stress me out, so I don't think I'll find myself ever attending HHN myself. So, I am really loving living vicariously through your visits while I'm safely behind my screen LOL

Exciting news on extending your CP! Sorry you don't get to change it up at all with your role, but who knows, maybe something will change between now and spring! Looking forward to seeing you when we visit in December!!

HHN looks spooktacular.
I know you were having a great time, it looks like it would be so much fun.....Are you going tonight? Hope so.

Did you delete your Insta?

Last edited:

Really though! I wish I'd been able to stay in Florida for this! (We left just a couple of days before.) The empty parks would have been amaze! Instead we came home to Canada and got pounded by the leftovers of Dorian, trees down everywhere, power out for days for lots of people, etc.

Ugh I'm sorry to hear that. We were so blessed by Dorian tbh. I don't think it's been that dead in the parks since.

Oh my gosh, your costume! I love! Excellent choice.

Thank you!!

Yay!! It's so much more affordable than Disney, too! I hope you're having a blast with it.

I am! Love going there all the time.

I agree. I'm probably even just a bit more critical. But I thought it was enjoyable enough, but just not really comparable to HalloWishes. To me and my partner it felt kinda like watching a glorified episode of House of Mouse projected on the castle with a few cool fireworks thrown in.

EXACTLY. HalloWishes was so very dark Disney and I'm sad we couldn't keep that going in MNSSHP because that's what makes me love it so much and got me to two parties on top of the 13 nights I spent at HHN.

I'm very sad about Illuminations because it had sentimental value. But I do think Epcot Forever is cute and fun, and I love the music they pulled into it! (Except A Whole New World. That feels a little forced and out of place to me.) The kites are so beautiful! But yes, definitely a placeholder for sure.

I've come to terms with A Whole New World but it still felt weird. The whole show is clearly a placeholder and I miss IllumiNations but honestly despite it not feeling as OG Epcot as I'd want things to be, HarmonioUS looks and sounds fantastic.

Congrats! That's super!

Thank you! It's been wild having extended. Feel like I'm a Part Time or Full Time CM with how long I've been in SWGE.

Uh oh. That doesn't sound good at all. Sorry it's not a good situation.

Well I'm out of it! Moved far away from him. Never see him. My current roommates are great and just got three new ones. Fingers crossed those are decent.

Timmy! Glad you came back :) We missed you! Though, since I've been following along on IG I don't feel like I've missed too much. I'm so glad you're sharing so much about HHN because it's something I just really didn't know anything about. I love watching horror movies, but jump scares stress me out, so I don't think I'll find myself ever attending HHN myself. So, I am really loving living vicariously through your visits while I'm safely behind my screen LOL

Lol little did you know how long my hiatus would be. I'm gonna update y'all I swear. I'm glad you've enjoyed all the updates especially HHN, my whole heart. Miss it so much. I cannot wait until next year. It really is such an amazing event.

HHN looks spooktacular.
I know you were having a great time, it looks like it would be so much fun.....Are you going tonight? Hope so.

Oh gosh if only I saw this because I was going that night lol I went the last three nights. It was so amazing. I miss it everyday and it has been MONTHS.

Did you delete your Insta?

I didn't. I just don't post often. I promise I'll have content soon.

Hi Timmy hope all is going well with you. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and hope you get to spend time with the fam.

Awww thank you so much! A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. I'm so hype I'm going home to see the fam for a few days in March. So happy about that. Lots I have missed.

I Guess I Disappeared Again... I'm Trying To Re-Appear, I Promise
Life Update

Bright suns/Rising moons, travelers, readers and friends alike!

Once again, I have disappeared. After saying I would catch up and do this darn thing, I went POOF. I'm so sorry considering how much I know many of you were looking forward to this and the effort and consistency I promised but you know... life. It gets in the way sometimes.

At this point, I've disappeared enough to think... maybe I won't be finishing this? Or at least not in the way I originally intended to? I'm not sure. The official end of Fall '19 was a few weeks back now and I originally planned to just binge my way out through updates, but I feel like it's just too far off. I'm gonna be finishing this TR way past new events and new openings and whatever. I feel like it'll all be too irrelevant.

I'd still love to have this documented. I'm at program number three/four and Fall 2019 is one I already miss so much. Even with the switchover, I feel so lost in this crowd of Spring CPs. I'm used to being the one leaving a CP but the one left behind... it's strange. It's given me perspective, but I just... I don't know if the last few months of being a CP... EVER are going to live up to the first two acts of that life. Not to mention considering most of this extension is me trying to get my adult life together and what's gonna happen when May 28th rolls around.

Anyways, tangents, gotta love them, I'm here to say that I'm still alive. I'm still around. I'm trying to organize myself better and I will do something with this TR. I always finish what I started. I'm not sure how but it will happen. Please stick around and for now, please enjoy my instagram account: @kweentimothyi As well as some more immediate photos to tide you over here.

Also a belated Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and a preemptive Happy Valentine's Day! You know... in case.

80772247_2734973593215224_366866172164964352_n.jpg

81889504_2784626701583246_810502612708229120_n.jpg

79766443_2734974639881786_9004900571064303616_n.jpg

81833588_2784627888249794_5022464662076129280_n.jpg

79720005_10220982975671979_8404778749437935616_o.jpg

Continue Here

Last edited:

Well, hi there :) Long time, no see!!

I couldn't believe I missed the chance to meet you when we were at WDW in December, but we only made it to DHS twice during our visit and I was so sick from whatever I caught on the cruise that our stops there were pretty brief.

I have to imagine your CP stayover feels pretty weird compared to how you've done them before. Here's hoping you are able to enjoy the last couple of months anyhow!

Any permanent plans to stay working for the Mouse??

PS I think this may be your best jump pic yet!

Yay, a magical reappearance.:wizard:
We've all missed you! Happy to see you back and see your photos no matter when they were taken!

Enjoy the rest of your program and I know you'll be spectacular at whatever direction you take in the next phase of your life. It's scary, but the possibilities for you
are unlimited. I just believe everything will start to come into focus whether that's finding your true love or your professional path in life. But remember, life is ever changing and ever evolving. Heck I've started my professional life over multiple times in my long life. Just as long as you find happiness, contentment and satisfaction in whatever you choose that's the most important thing.

Hi Timmy! We've missed you! My Timmy is heading down for his 3rd program May 26th give or take a day. He actually got out of custodial and will be in attractions this time around. Yay!

Good to hear from you!! I can't imagine how busy life has been! Good luck these next few months :goodvibes

It's been crazy but hopefully it'll slow down soon enough with all the new CPs arriving. *fingers crossed*

Thank you! Hopefully all will work out the way it should.

Well, hi there :) Long time, no see!!

Helloooooooo :teeth:

I couldn't believe I missed the chance to meet you when we were at WDW in December, but we only made it to DHS twice during our visit and I was so sick from whatever I caught on the cruise that our stops there were pretty brief.

Awww darn. Sorry to hear about being sick, that's no fun. I probably was inside the workshop when you visited anyways. There was a long period of time, especially in December where I was always inside and never outside helping in the Courtyard so you probably wouldn't have seen me anyway. Love the perks of being in Savi's. Hopefully I'll still be here next time you visit. :thumbsup2

I have to imagine your CP stayover feels pretty weird compared to how you've done them before. Here's hoping you are able to enjoy the last couple of months anyhow!

Yeah it is strange but I think I'm finding more positive change than anything. I finally have a house full of new roommates and they are all fantastic. I'm really glad at that considering my last situation. It's gonna be even worse when May 28th rolls around though and I'll either a) be leaving back to NH (hopefully NOT happening) or b) moving out of Disney housing and no longer being a CP but actually working FT like a regular job. So many changes on their way.

Any permanent plans to stay working for the Mouse??

I'm looking into all I can to do so. Fingers crossed.

PS I think this may be your best jump pic yet!

Thank you! I actually did it as a recreation of the one I took after my CP graduation on my first program. If you look on my instagram you can see the comparison.

Yay, a magical reappearance.:wizard:
We've all missed you! Happy to see you back and see your photos no matter when they were taken!

Awww I missed y'all! Never forget my DIS fam. I'm glad you're still enjoying the photos.

Enjoy the rest of your program and I know you'll be spectacular at whatever direction you take in the next phase of your life. It's scary, but the possibilities for you
are unlimited. I just believe everything will start to come into focus whether that's finding your true love or your professional path in life. But remember, life is ever changing and ever evolving. Heck I've started my professional life over multiple times in my long life. Just as long as you find happiness, contentment and satisfaction in whatever you choose that's the most important thing.

You have been so encouraging through everything and I appreciate it so much. This program has definitely challenged me to what direction I hope to go in in the future but as far as I know I want to stay here. I'm way too attached at this point. Fingers crossed I figure it all out.

Hi Timmy! We've missed you! My Timmy is heading down for his 3rd program May 26th give or take a day. He actually got out of custodial and will be in attractions this time around. Yay!

Awww I've missed you all too! And how exciting! Imagine if he had gotten Merch, that would've been one freaky coincidence lol I leave two days after that or at least won't be a CP so you will be catching me at the tail end of CP life. Make sure to say hi if you're nearby again.

Welcome back!

Hi! Thank you! :goodvibes

Awww I've missed you all too! And how exciting! Imagine if he had gotten Merch, that would've been one freaky coincidence lol I leave two days after that or at least won't be a CP so you will be catching me at the tail end of CP life. Make sure to say hi if you're nearby again.
I was actually just there a few weeks ago with my husband and a group of friends. BUT, I'm coming back 4 weeks from today. Woot! Woot! Actually, I lied. I will also be in March 6-7 to attend Villains After Hours. :cool1:

I'm hoping you get a professional internship/permanent position where you can utilize your degree! You would be such an asset to the company.
Or maybe something similar at Universal??

Hopefully I'll still be here next time you visit. :thumbsup2
You will! Because I'm coming back again 4/12-17. I'll be with my Mom and my aunt, not SW fans, so not sure how much Batuu time we'll have, but will definitely try to see you!

I'm looking into all I can to do so. Fingers crossed.
That would be amazing! I'm crossing my fingers for you, too!

Once again, I have disappeared. After saying I would catch up and do this darn thing, I went POOF. I'm so sorry considering how much I know many of you were looking forward to this and the effort and consistency I promised but you know... life. It gets in the way sometimes.

I couldn't relate more! I'll forgive you for your absence if you'll forgive me for mine.

^ Probably the two cutest and most photogenic folks of all time.

I was actually just there a few weeks ago with my husband and a group of friends. BUT, I'm coming back 4 weeks from today. Woot! Woot! Actually, I lied. I will also be in March 6-7 to attend Villains After Hours. :cool1:

Oh wow, so there's definitely opportunity we'll see each other again.

I'm hoping you get a professional internship/permanent position where you can utilize your degree! You would be such an asset to the company.
Or maybe something similar at Universal??

Exactly! I'm really hoping that's in the cards. I probably just need to network a bit more. Make at least a few good connections. If not, I feel like Universal seems like the place to be.

You will! Because I'm coming back again 4/12-17. I'll be with my Mom and my aunt, not SW fans, so not sure how much Batuu time we'll have, but will definitely try to see you!

If I'm off I'd definitely be down to say hi off planet but if you can, definitely stop by Savi's and see if I'm there.

That would be amazing! I'm crossing my fingers for you, too!

Thank you! It's looking up now so I think the well wishing is working.

I couldn't relate more! I'll forgive you for your absence if you'll forgive me for mine.

Haha, I think an arrangement can be made lol

^ Probably the two cutest and most photogenic folks of all time.

Oh STAHHHPPP

I'm Only Here To Meet Tigger
6/11/19: Merchandise Core & Characters in Epcot

Today was another early morning cause I had my first taste of merchandise at what is called Merchandise Core. This is essentially an "Intro To Disney Retail" class where they go over some basics about being a Merchandise Cast Member such as Next Level Courtesy, the Register system, etc. etc. It was long and I didn't have the best facilitators to be honest. One of them had a VERY thick non-western accent and while I was stressing about all these situations that we were practicing with on the register, I was also stressing about what she was saying. She was very sweet. So was the other one but the one with the thick accent kinda led the whole thing. I left feeling ok about everything but terrified of what on-the-job training would look like.

I did however become friends with a few girls in my training, one of which would join me for OJT at Sunset since she worked there too. Fun fact, we both still work with each other today in Galaxy's Edge. It's very seldom when we're actually in the same location but we take the bus together a lot and we both have rather similar outlooks on working situations so good friendship to have.

After I finished training, I went immediately home. It looked like a storm was brewing so I was hoping I would miss it and not get wet. Luckily I did and took a cat nap while it stormed outside my window. The best kind of naps. I didn't sleep for long as I had made a promise to roommate to catch his debut day. As you know, two of my roommates were character performers and one of their big days is getting to debut and actually meet guests. Today was Will's so I was gonna go catch it. Of the three of us, I was the only one who could most likely make it so I was ready to put the effort in. Refreshed, recharged and ready, I headed to Epcot.

Click to watch!

It was quite the rush to get there. He gave me a few times to be there but it was cutting it close with one so I guess I was just gonna have to catch the last one. Will and I were texting a lot to configure this. I did have a bit of time before the debut, but I still beelined for World Showcase where I went to the American Adventure and caught the Voices of Liberty. They sang "Seize The Day", which was a song I had been dying to hear from them and it did not disappoint.

Click to watch!

I still had time after that so I wandered. I eventually ended up in the Japan pavilion, which quickly became one of my favorites this program, and I ended up purchasing a fan. It definitely wasn't a fun clack fan which I had hoped for. Memo to me to still buy one from the China pavilion lol

After that, it was time to go catch Will's debut.

Unfortunately, he had to have his debut not on-stage so I couldn't actually see him but he sent his good friend Tigger. It was a short meet but we had fun. Awkward fun considering I was looking for my roommate, but you know we tried.

Click to watch!

After I finished with Tigger, I went back to Future World. On the way there, I saw Cinderella meeting at International Gateway so I went to meet her. It was a cute little meet. We talked about Jaq, Gus and all her animal friends. She even called me "little mouse." I believe it was cause of my ears. It was sweet.

Bidding Cindy adieu, I continued on to Future World where I first found some shade then I rode Test Track single rider. This was the first time I had done it in awhile and furthermore since talking about how awful it is compared to the original on a podcast and honestly... it was more fun than I remembered. Still not great but I enjoyed it more than I expected.

Around this time, Will texted me again saying he was gonna be off with nobody to hang out with but he was hungry so he was gonna come in and hang so I headed to the front to fetch my newly debuted roommate.

I caught him out by Leave a Legacy or what was left at that point and decided to bring him to Club Cool since he'd never been. I managed to get him to try the Beverly which was truly a great moment. I didn't get a video but yes I do remember it being a memorable moment.

After that we went to grab a bite to eat since he was really hungry from a long debut day. I took him to La Cantina de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion. I bought some Totopos con Guac while he got.. I'm not sure what he got. I think it was the nachos, but it hit the spot for both of us.

Once we finished, I showed him how to navigate backstage since he was still new to it to get to the CP bus stop to go home and essentially our day at the park ended fairly early. Even just shy of an actual dinner time.

I passed out when I got home my day had been so long and got so crazy so quickly. I woke up a bit later in the evening when I'd actually go to bed, prepared for the next day which was my first day of OJT and went right back to sleep. Another big day ahead!

Continue Here

Last edited:
The Day I Became A Strawberry
6/12/19: First Day of On-The-Job Training

Hello and welcome to the first of many chapters to come where there are...

NO.
PICTURES.

Or at least very little.

As I might've pre-warned, there are some days where I'm just so busy and get so tired after all the craziness of being a CP that I just... I go to work and then I go to sleep. There's nothing really that comes before or after.

This was the first of those types of days and of course, it was my first day of on-the-job training at Sunset Boulevard or as it is known by cast members, Tier One.

To give a brief overview of how my training is set up for merchandise or at least those in general locations that don't require extra knowledge outside of most basic merch info (i.e. Galaxy's Edge, etc.), there are three days. First day is Tier One, second day is... Tier Three (?) and third day is Tier Four, which is also your assessment day. We're not there yet and they all are very unique defined days in their own way so we're gonna start with today. Today was Tier One and at the time we were just told to show up to our training on time in regular every day clothes. We met our trainers right outside of Costuming, who were Erin, Cindi and James respectively. The group of us trainees was me, Caitlin (who I met at Merchandise Core the day before), Sam, Blakely and Morgan. If you do the math, I was the only guy there, which didn't feel odd or weird until we clocked in and immediately went right to...

GETTING OUR COSTUME!!

Yup, today was the day where we were getting our costumes. I had a feeling it would be considering my experience as a Cast Member but this was cooler. Previously, I'd only ever warn the Custodial whites. The only difference in how that went between my two programs is Disneyland actually tailors your costume for you so I had to get measurements taken over there. Still, same exact costume.

This time I'd be trying on something new and today I found out I'd get to wear THREE DIFFERENT COSTUMES. Yup, I didn't get one new costume to try but THREE. Two of which have since been discontinued and changed, but we'll get to that. We did spend quite a bit of time finding costumes so we all would be set with what we needed before actually getting to the crux of training which was actually on location at Sunset. James and I pretty much got through it very quickly since I was the only guy who needed to be taken care of and I was pretty familiar with most Disney sizing so I was in and out fairly quickly. Once everyone in the group had finished, the trainers sent us all to get into the ICONIC Strawberry outfit before we headed over to the location.

I'll just post a selfie I took in it from a later date to show you what I mean by "Strawberry" (granted the female is truly more the Strawberry). They actually had different pet names for each costume. The other two were known as the Blueberry (yes, we might've stolen from the Character Attendants lol) and Mud (for guys)/Sunflower (for girls). Again, we'll get to that soon enough.

First, I present to you: the Strawberry...

Peep the "Earning My Ears" tag I sported too.

It was definitely my first instance of a Disney costume not fitting me right. As you know, I am VERY thin. This costume definitely catered to a time of more filled out men I guess so it kinda felt like a tent on me especially with the suspenders. It also was the most effort with a costume I've had yet since I did have to tie that tie everyday. I'm sure you're thinking that sounds weird to say but having worked in plenty of other locations... this is one of the only places where the tie isn't a clip-on. Yeah, weird. We also couldn't roll up the sleeves so yeah it would get HOT. I still rocked it, especially since I found out later on that the costume is based off Walt's look when he first met Lillian and vice versa. Ugh, Sunset... my heart.

ANYWAYS, all of us now in our Sunset best headed on over to the actual location. I'm not gonna go into too much detail as it was a rather slow day. Tier One is essentially just a day for us to get to know the location, know how to get there, where things are, certain policies and procedures, what we sell, how to keep up-to-date on things in the shops, meet coordinators and leaders, introduce us to our break area/cafeteria Take 5 (miss her), etc. We also got to pin trade for the first time ever today too. It was really fun. My training at Disneyland as you know kinda dragged for a whole week where it was a lot of repeat information. This was new and it was fun and exciting. Everyone was so nice and it felt like a nice little family. I met many people that I still talk with today. Even if many have long left Sunset. INCLUDING MY MAIN TRAINER, ERIN, WHOSE LAST DAY WAS THE FOLLOWING DAY. Wild.

(Spoiler alert or whatever: Caitlin is the only one of the group I traveled with who is still around at Disney. Sam and Morgan both got moved to Galaxy's Edge with me, but both left once their programs ended. I still work with Sam's boyfriend. Blakely was one of the few who was not moved, but we still remain in touch as we spent all of our training days together and many days working together. She was gonna extend but has since left the company for other opportunities. Cindi and James still work on Sunset as far as I know.)

All-in-all, it was a pretty cool day. Again, felt long since it was mostly walking and just describing things and getting us acquainted with the Merchandise role, particularly in the context of Sunset. We did split off from the main group which is where I got to really know Erin and Blakely. It was unfortunate Erin was leaving as she was the trainer I immediately hit it off with. I've found out since that her and one of my favorite coordinators at SWGE were pretty close so I love that Sunset fam still exists.

We also had some pretty cool and fun character run-ins. When we first walked on-stage from costuming, Donald gave us high 5s on his way to meet guests. On our way out, we ran into Captain Phasma and the Stormtroopers before they had to march. We also got to see what was gonna be the training trailer for Galaxy's Edge. It's called Oga's Hangar. We all were super excited about it, little did we know what the future held for us there (I've been in it many times since lol).

After all that, it was time for us to clock out and go. I grabbed as much as I could for costume needs, just to make sure I at least had one of each. Some pieces weren't there so I had to wait for those in the coming days, but for the most part I was set and headed out to catch the bus back to Vista. Between today and yesterday I was exhausted so nothing happened after except sleeping and eating in good ole Vista Way 1910. Don't worry. Another day of training coming right up.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Thanks for the little peek into your training experience. And I love how you always are so protective of character integrity in your reports. Tigger was an excellent substitute for getting to see your roommate's debut, I'm sure! He looked like he was having such a fun bouncy day! I like the Strawberry outfit, but I see what you mean about how tent-like it would be on someone as slender as yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter