Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Thanks for the little peek into your training experience. And I love how you always are so protective of character integrity in your reports. Tigger was an excellent substitute for getting to see your roommate's debut, I'm sure! He looked like he was having such a fun bouncy day! I like the Strawberry outfit, but I see what you mean about how tent-like it would be on someone as slender as yourself.

I'm glad you enjoyed the peek. There is plenty more to come. I've spent ample time being trained by Disney during this program. That is FOR SURE.

Character integrity is so important to me. It really is what makes Disney Disney and when it comes to having friends in entertainment, I make sure I'm extra respectful of them.

Yeah, the Strawberry... not the most flattering or breathable outfit most days.

We Really Love The Sunset Fam
6/13/19: Second Day of On-The-Job Training

Now we've arrived at Day Two of OJT in Sunset Merchandise and another picture-less update (sorry, the pictures will return I promise). Now, this day I'm still not sure if it's called Tier Two or Tier Three. All I know is that Erin called it our register day. Today was a day spent mostly split up. Blakely and myself were with Erin while everyone else was off with Cindi, Rachel, maybe James and maybe someone else. I met a lot more from my arrival date who I would get to know pretty well in the coming months such as Lauren, Sydnee, Miranda and many many others. You'll know quite a bunch of them soon enough.

As Erin said, today was our Register day and that's honestly what we did was practice on the Register. As I mentioned on my Merchandise Core day, I was pretty stressed about this. All my jobs prior to this have involved using a Register but this was the Disney system which is CRAZY. There is so much to know and prepare yourself for, some of which I've not even had the opportunity to deal with. You go over it in the days prior, but it's hard to remember how the accordion folder for receipts is organized or what the process is for package pick-up slips or what to do if given a Travelers Cheque, etc. etc. I got the hang of it though and had a pretty fun time at the Register.

We even got to spend some time engaging with guests while not being watched over on the Register. It introduced me to some guests I'd end up dealing with on the daily. Such as the tour groups who bombarded me for buttons. That was wild and let me tell you I have some wild stories since with them. I also saw a princess possee where they all bounded as Cindy, Aurora and Belle with matching ears. It was so cute. I stopped them for a moment to tell them how much I loved how they looked and helped them find some things and sent them on their way. Honestly, I was really taking to Merchandise so quickly. I couldn't wait to do this on the daily.

I also got to meet more of my co-workers, coordinators and such. They were all so sweet and it just made me feel at home like no other location before. Again, I felt I finally got a role and location that fit me.

On our way out from training, I even got to see a bit of The Wonderful World of Animation on Hollywood Blvd which was fun. Overall, a really good day but I got out late (9pm... which is early for me now lol) and was basically training all day so I didn't do anything play wise. I did however start to become friends with one of the ICPs, Nam, who is from Thailand, on the bus ride home. Again, ALL THE FRIENDS.

In the words of little Orphan, Annie, I think I'm gonna like it here.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Love getting a little sneak peak of what happens backstage! Side note- I'm a Cindi- I don't see it very often- I'll have to look for her on Sunset! Another side note- I live on a Sunset :)

Fun that you got to see your roomie debut! Sounds like things are looking up!

It also was the most effort with a costume I've had yet since I did have to tie that tie everyday. I'm sure you're thinking that sounds weird to say but having worked in plenty of other locations... this is one of the only places where the tie isn't a clip-on. Yeah, weird. We also couldn't roll up the sleeves so yeah it would get HOT. I still rocked it, especially since I found out later on that the costume is based off Walt's look when he first met Lillian and vice versa. Ugh, Sunset... my heart.
OK, so even though it was uncomfortable, I LOVE that story behind "the look" of it!!

So awesome that you enjoyed such a great meet-up with Tigger :) Those pics are really so cute!

Even though training seems kind of boring, it's exciting to hear about how the process all worked for you. So thanks for sharing :)

Love getting a little sneak peak of what happens backstage! Side note- I'm a Cindi- I don't see it very often- I'll have to look for her on Sunset! Another side note- I live on a Sunset :)

Oh wow, what a cool coincidence. Hopefully you'll cross paths soon.

Fun that you got to see your roomie debut! Sounds like things are looking up!

I mean, things weren't grim at this time. We are flashing back quite a few months before things got REAL.

OK, so even though it was uncomfortable, I LOVE that story behind "the look" of it!!

It wasn't awful, I just wasn't a fan after a time. I also was in it A LOT initially.

So awesome that you enjoyed such a great meet-up with Tigger :) Those pics are really so cute!

Thank you! It was really great seeing Tigs that day.

Even though training seems kind of boring, it's exciting to hear about how the process all worked for you. So thanks for sharing :)

Training is what it is. Long days, but they can be fun. Depends on the day and what you're doing. I'm more than happy to share exactly what it entails though since I feel it's seldom mentioned.

I'm so glad to see you're back here! I have also been on a long hiatus from the DIS, but I'm trying to be better! I do follow you on IG, so I've seen some updates there.

This all sounds like so much fun! I love that you made so many friends so early in your program. My oldest daughter is 13 and recently found out about the CP and she's already planning on applying when she's able to!

I hope things work out so you get to stay. We'll be down in September, and I'd love to be able to see you working.

And sorry you missed your roommate on his debut, but I'm sure Tigger was a good substitute. :)

I'm so glad to see you're back here! I have also been on a long hiatus from the DIS, but I'm trying to be better! I do follow you on IG, so I've seen some updates there.

This all sounds like so much fun! I love that you made so many friends so early in your program. My oldest daughter is 13 and recently found out about the CP and she's already planning on applying when she's able to!

I hope things work out so you get to stay. We'll be down in September, and I'd love to be able to see you working.

And sorry you missed your roommate on his debut, but I'm sure Tigger was a good substitute. :)

Aww thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying following along with all this.

Yeah, it was really shaping up to be a program to remember (little did I know). And that's so exciting for her! I hope she does when the time comes around.

Fingers crossed. It's looking up but still lots of work to be done.

Tigger was a welcome substitute for sure and I saw my roommate later so it worked out.

We will be in HS on March 7th (in the am )and again on the 10th most of the day). I'll be in touch!!! :cool1:

Just to chime in! Jenny and I will be on a VIP tour on Sat with a few other people and we will be starting in DHS, not sure if you're working then but we will be there until the 10th and we plan to be at DHS for a portion of each day, hope to see you again Timmy!

'Til The Spire, Walt Disney World!
Life Update

I'm not even sure how to begin this one. A lot has happened in the past few days as I'm sure you know. To begin with, it was announced that the last two opened Disney parks in the world, Walt Disney World and Disneyland, would be shutting down for two weeks. A bleak announcement to say the least.

Even more bleak and affecting was not many days later, the day after what would've been my last shift during that period, it was announced that they were suspending the DCP temporarily and sending all participants home in four days.

Yes, you heard me right.

The Disney College Program was SUSPENDED.

I am currently writing this from NH as I flew back about three days ago depending on when you get to reading this.

It was a devastating announcement to everyone.

I cannot even begin to explain how I felt when I found out. I was hysterical and panicked. So many emotions all at once. I have never been so shocked and hurt in my life. I was home alone when I found out too and all I could think was I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to so many people that were basically my family since August heck since JUNE. I found out later it was even ten times worse on planet that day. I had planned to go to Universal with a friend that evening since there were only two more days of Mardi Gras and we had yet to stay for a concert. Now, it was gonna be my last night at Universal and the next day would be my last day at the Walt Disney World parks. For who knows how long!

I've luckily had time to cope since but the tightness of tears in my throats is still sticking. As you all know, my plan was to stay once May 28th came and those plans were well underway. I had money saved up for a car and my friend and I were looking at postings regularly for houses nearby. We even found a potential third person to live with. It was happening. It probably still is, but it's being held off and who knows how long it will be postponed? I might have to even drop those plans.

All the same, I know Disney made the right choice for everyone with this decision. It is awful and sad, but I'd rather everyone be the safest possible and this pandemic to slow down so everyone can go back to their daily lives. We're all struggling, but we just got to be patient.

I know this half of my program wasn't gonna be documented but I thought it important to update you all. Hopefully the suspension is as it says is only temporary and I can return very very soon to complete my final CP proper.

In the mean time, I will be trying to pipe out updates as quickly as I can while enjoying my self-quarantine.

Stay safe everyone and take care of yourselves!

Remember to wash those hands and practice social distance.

Last edited:
I'm so so sorry :( I can't imagine how devastating and heartbreaking this is. Just stay positive and hope that when this is all over you can get back to your plans with the company :hug:

Hi Timmy! I'm so sorry for you and everyone else at Disney. My Timmy is extremely worried his May start will either get postponed or canceled.
Stay safe. It will all work out and hopefully, life will get back to normal soon.

Ugh - I'm so sorry :sad1:. I so hope that you can get back to your plan once this all moves through - I can't begin to imagine how tough it is right now. Sending you lots and lots of pixie dust!!

I am heartbroken for you and all the CPs, but I know your journey is not over yet! I hope you and your family are staying safe and well throughout this mess, and I truly hope you get to return to making magic soon. Sending lots of pixie dust!!

So sorry to hear this.

We are in limbo here. Even healthcare is being affected.
Just trying to figure out how I'll take care of my elderly Mom and the rest of my family.

Thank you for checking in with us here. I am so sorry. I hope this passes quickly and we can all get back to real life ASAP. I'm a teacher, and my school suddenly shut down. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my students and now I have no idea if we are even going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!