Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

I'm so so sorry :( I can't imagine how devastating and heartbreaking this is. Just stay positive and hope that when this is all over you can get back to your plans with the company :hug:

It was hard but I have hope. Rebellions were built on hope. ;) I'll be back, that is certain.

Hi Timmy! I'm so sorry for you and everyone else at Disney. My Timmy is extremely worried his May start will either get postponed or canceled.
Stay safe. It will all work out and hopefully, life will get back to normal soon.

It is crazy what is going on down there. I'm so worried for everyone. I'm sure they are scrambling to figure out what to do since they are losing so much money with parks worldwide shut down.

I hope he gets to go. My program ends in May so unless they just want to let me back for a few weeks I see it less and less likely I'll finish my program but I'm sure they'll just postpone his at the worst. Again, fingers crossed.

Sending all the pixie dust!!

Ugh - I'm so sorry :sad1:. I so hope that you can get back to your plan once this all moves through - I can't begin to imagine how tough it is right now. Sending you lots and lots of pixie dust!!

Thank you so much! I'm definitely resilient for sure and know I will figure a way out back but for now, I just need to make sure to take care of myself and follow the CDC's recommendations. The priority.

I am heartbroken for you and all the CPs, but I know your journey is not over yet! I hope you and your family are staying safe and well throughout this mess, and I truly hope you get to return to making magic soon. Sending lots of pixie dust!!

Thank you! I will be back. I told everyone at SWGE I would and that is a promise and I'm one stubborn little gatherer so it shall be so. Sending as much pixie dust back!

So sorry to hear this.

We are in limbo here. Even healthcare is being affected.
Just trying to figure out how I'll take care of my elderly Mom and the rest of my family.

It is crazy. Sending you lots of pixie dust to you and your family. Hope you all stay safe.

Thank you for checking in with us here. I am so sorry. I hope this passes quickly and we can all get back to real life ASAP. I'm a teacher, and my school suddenly shut down. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my students and now I have no idea if we are even going back.

Thank you and sending lots of pixie dust your way! Both my sisters are on online classes and one of them is a senior high school. Potentially her graduation and senior musical could be cancelled so this passing is almost more important to her than it is to me so for all your sake's, everyone better be staying home and practicing social distance.

In my time trying to stay in quarantine to avoid all this madness and being a responsible person, I managed to complete my DCP montage! I hope it might bring some joy to you all during this difficult time. Much love and pixie dust to everyone!

Oh, Timmy, when I saw your first couple FB posts after the suspension was announced, my heart was just breaking for you. All the feels for sure :( I hope that all of this precaution helps to flatten the curve of this pandemic and we all come out stronger on the other side. You'll find your way back and be spreading magic before too long, I imagine. I just have a feeling you will find a way no matter what. Stay positive!!

Oh, Timmy, when I saw your first couple FB posts after the suspension was announced, my heart was just breaking for you. All the feels for sure :( I hope that all of this precaution helps to flatten the curve of this pandemic and we all come out stronger on the other side. You'll find your way back and be spreading magic before too long, I imagine. I just have a feeling you will find a way no matter what. Stay positive!!

It was hard but I know Disney in the end did the right thing for them and for us. It was better we weren't locked down there and being thrown out of housing as a last resort. Everything is precautionary and not reactionary to the situation, which reactionary is much more dramatic and difficult. I will find my way back and who knows? Maybe Disney might just make it easier for me. We shall see. Thank you for all your supportive words! Stay safe!

Thanks for sharing this Timmy.
It made me cry and smile at the same time.
Stay strong.
It will all work out.
❤ ❤ ❤

I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the sub hehe It will work out. We just got to be smart and follow the CDC and let everything blow over. Fingers crossed it's all over sooner than later.

I Am The Hollywood Studios Know-It-All
6/14/19: On With The Show, Studios & DAK

My OJT took a pause for the day as with being a Hollywood Studios cast member technically, I needed to have a full overview of the park. Today was park orientation!

If you've read my previous trip reports, I've discussed park orientations as I've had many. My first were the ones at Art of Animation and Pop Century then Magic Kingdom followed by DCA/Downtown Disney and now Hollywood Studios. Some of them have fun names, some don't. Usually the parks at WDW have the best ones. Like Magic Kingdom's was "Once Upon A Time Is Now" and to date, still my favorite day of training quite possibly ever. Tied with Step Into The Magic at Disneyland (their equivalent of Welcome To Ops). Getting back on track, today was Property Orientation at Hollywood Studios! Otherwise known as "On With The Show." I was super hype to see what we'd get to do since Property Orientation generally has a lot of pretty fun surprises and it's usually a pretty chill day. Unfortunately chill in the non-literal sense since I'd be walking around Studios in business casual, but you know win some lose some.

The day basically went like this:

We met up with our facilitators in the Cast Services of Studios right outside of Costuming. It was a large group of us and somehow four facilitators managed to corral us well before heading out backstage to begin. We had four facilitators who split us into two groups. I only wrote down the names of two and those were Lauren and Jeff. They were the ones who led my group. We didn't split off with them just yet. They actually started with a really fun ice breaker asking for our name, where we worked and our favorite Disney character. Usually ice breakers are hit or miss, seldom a hit, but this was a hit and started off our day well.

After that, it was off to see our way around the park. They began explaining where costuming and cast services was just to remind all the newbies who hadn't started OJT unlike myself and many others. Then, off we went.

From here it was essentially a cute in-depth tour of Studios without going on any attractions, except one: Muppet-Vision, which I now have the deepest appreciation for and I just know if they got rid of it it would break my heart. It was so much for me and it was fun being surrounded by big Disney fans and being led by Disney fans. I just love park orientation so much. Even if a lot of it is stuff I already know, which kinda led to an awkward moment and this chapter title. Jeff, who was recently featured on the cast page since he's wonderful and iconic, started talking about Audrey Hepburn (how her hands are only at Studios and not in Hollywood) and pronounced her name 'Aubrey'. Without missing a beat, I whispered a bit too loudly 'Audrey' to which he corrected himself. My oop, but I found out later he was in training so it was a learning experience. I'm glad I was able to assist lol

Even better later on, Lauren was talking about Fantasmic and she recommended that everyone see it and I just made a side comment of 'Disneyland's is better' and she paused and was like 'True' then continued talking. Reminder that Lauren was my coordinator on Sunset and eventually in Galaxy's Edge. We got along just fine.

Aside from my know-it-all pretentious moments, we had some really cute moments. Jeff had so many sweet stories, especially about his famous 'family photos'. We also ran into a lot of characters backstage like the characters in their Hollywood & Vine gear as well as the Disney Jr. characters. It was fun seeing all of that as well as having our own private showing of MuppetVision in the morning, even if it meant we didn't get to see Sweetums make his off-screen appearance, but I love catching MuppetVision so I'd see him plenty of times on other days.

After all that touring and a little sit down with some execs, we were sent on our way which was way earlier than scheduled. Merchandise already had gone through two days of training so we didn't need to do the extra stuff that would take up that time so instead we ended our day and headed off to Costuming where I grabbed the rest of my costumes that I couldn't get the other day. The two ironically enough that have since been discontinued and you cannot see in the parks anymore lol

It was over there that Sydnee, someone I had come across while I was training on Sunset, who offered to give me a ride home. Sydnee and I ended up becoming good friends as she offered me rides often and we also became virtually inseparable in schedule and location. Again, jumping ahead too much, she definitely was a lifesaver in making me not take transdev and be stuck on a bus for a long while.

When I got home, I quickly showered since it got pretty hot out, I ran to the service center to get my physical self-admission pass to have it on hand and ate some Ramen before heading back to... guess where?

Continue Here

Last edited:
I Should Get Paid Over Time For This

After spending a whole morning at Studios, I fully intended on spending a full evening at Studios. I know I'm crazy, but I was slowly falling in love with this park as a cast member and I was hype to really explore it more after the morning I had. I even managed to nab some fastpasses for Rockin' and Star Tours so it was gonna be a good afternoon.

After I got into the park, I went right on over to One Man's Dr- I MEAN Walt Disney Presents... (But like with all the MGM purists, it's still One Man's Dream.) Honestly, this will forever be one of my favorite spots in Studios. I never went in the M&G that was in there, I just loved looking at all the history that I've ingratiated myself in over the years. Also, going into WDP when they still have the classic film about Walt's life narrated by Julie Andrews is such a treat. That is the best experience.

After browsing in there, I decided to head over to Launch Bay where as I exited WDP, I ran into all the Star Wars characters walking over to the stage for the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far Far Away show. Foreshadowing, maybe?

Click to watch!

In Launch Bay, I of course had to go visit BB-8 since he wasn't there last time I visited. Back then, Jawas roamed the area and while I'll forever be sad about their departure, I love a good conversation with a cute little droid. Alas I don't remember what this conversation involved but it was fun and the photos are so cute.

After seeing BB-8 and leaving Launch Bay, it looked like it was gonna downpour and it was getting close to my Rockin' FP so I ran in that direction narrowly missing it, probably.

There's not really a cool story to tell from RnRC minus that I managed to get Nine Lives as the song per usual. And it was fun per usual, it had been a minute though so that initial launch got me way more than usual. I love that for me.

Once I got off Rockin' I decided that maybe I would try to catch the Indiana Jones stunt show since I have never actually seen it. My feet were also really beginning to hurt after all the walking I did today so I'd really love to sit a spell. Of course, I cut it close so by the time I got there, there was no more seating. A real shame.

My Star Tours FP wasn't for a bit but I decided to go over anyways since my roommate from my last program Lucas was currently working there. I thought why not give it a shot that I would catch him.

Of course, luck was in store and he was right at the entrance. I, of course, went right up and said hi, gave him a big hug. He was always the friendliest. Catching up quickly, I started to go in standby and he stopped me and was like "No no no, you're going through Fast Pass" and let me into the Fast Pass line. My friends in Studios really were sticking their necks out for me, but I wasn't complaining. Love my friends.

It was a wonderful adventure on Star Tours. I actually got Leia as the hologram and was basically crying over it. Still no Rebel Spy for me, but you know... one day. We are holding out. It will be quite a special day when I do.

Once I got off Star Tours, I ran around again to thank Lucas then went over to Muppets to sit down. My feet were really hurting at this point so I was giving them some rest and nursing.

It was starting to rain at this point a bit so I decided moving was better than anything with my feet getting enough rest. I walked from Muppets all the way over to Toy Story Land where I went to grab some Totchos and some Root Beer! A delicious combo per usual.

It was over there I saw a few VIP tour guides wandering around. It made me think about how awesome it would to be one. More crazy dreams for me to dwell on.

After I finished my Totchos and the rain didn't get any worse and the sun came through, I went back over to Hollywood Boulevard and begrudgingly decided to give in to my trainers' suggestions to go see the Frozen Sing-A-Long.

Despite all my preemptive feelings towards this show, it surprised me. It was actually enjoyable. I thought Aric in particular was pretty hilarious. It's not something I'd make a point to do but it's not something I'd say I hate, it was cute and fun.

After that, I felt pretty satisfied by everything I did in Studios and decided to head out to finish my evening at another park. Any guesses to where I was headed?

Click to watch!

Continue Here

Last edited:
*Spongebob Voice* Pandora... AT NIGHT

After Studios, it was time to head on over to the Kingdom of Animals. Clearly I was very attached to DAK at this point in my program.

It took awhile to get over to DAK between catching the bus and the distance between Studios and DAK. I got there at around 8pm which was only a little while before the park closed.

I immediately bee-lined for Pandora where I decided to relax so that my feet didn't endure much more pain. Luckily in that time, the bioluminescence began to turn on and the Drum show started up in front of me. The Drum show at night is honestly pretty cool, a totally different energy than how it is during the daytime.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

After enjoying the bioluminescence, I decided to hop in line to ride Flight of Passage before the night ended. It was still a bit of a wait, but not too too bad. The worst was getting sent through the pre-show twice, but I wasn't in any rush.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was another wonderful flight on a banshee. I really was loving FoP so much, I could wait in that crazy wait many more times. However, when I got off, it was past park close so only one ride tonight.

It was back out to the transdev bus after that and off to Vista Way to toss my awful flip flops away and go to sleep. Tomorrow was another day I had off and I was ready to get the sleep I needed to enjoy another day to play in the place where dreams come true.

Continue Here

Last edited:
After I got into the park, I went right on over to One Man's Dr- I MEAN Walt Disney Presents... (But like with all the MGM purists, it's still One Man's Dream.)
Honestly, I always forget they even changed the name to Walt Disney Presents!! I just can't ever call it anything but One Man's Dream :lovestruc

My feet were also really beginning to hurt after all the walking I did today so I'd really love to sit a spell.
49685497161_053816cea0_c.jpg
You are cracking me up about these sandals!!! When I first noticed them on your feet in the pics with BB 8, I was thinking, "HOW?!! HOW can he wear those to walk around in?!" I have a pair that I got when I went to college TWENTY years ago, and I still can't wear them for more than five minutes without being in agony. I still haven't thrown them out (God knows why?!!) so they're like new. I'm always thinking if I break them in, they'll be so comfortable. I feel that day may never come LOL

Honestly, I always forget they even changed the name to Walt Disney Presents!! I just can't ever call it anything but One Man's Dream :lovestruc

The film they show is still called One Man's Dream. It's just they are always switching it out for previews is probably why they changed the name. I say One Man's Dream so much, unless I was working in Courtyard then WDP since that was a location over there.

You are cracking me up about these sandals!!! When I first noticed them on your feet in the pics with BB 8, I was thinking, "HOW?!! HOW can he wear those to walk around in?!" I have a pair that I got when I went to college TWENTY years ago, and I still can't wear them for more than five minutes without being in agony. I still haven't thrown them out (God knows why?!!) so they're like new. I'm always thinking if I break them in, they'll be so comfortable. I feel that day may never come LOL

I used to like them to be honest. They were an acquired taste but I used to wear them everywhere, but now they have gotten so worn they do absolutely nothing for my feet. They can be broken in, but eventually they no longer work well for anything. I also already have crap feet as is so it was about time they stopped being of value lol

Timmy, Timmy Timmy.... did you not learn anything from the great flip flop debacle of February 2011?:rotfl:
Although you did look quite adorable in your black and white pattern shorts and cute Hollywood Hotel (TOT) shirt, the sandals were the perfect accessory...until they weren't and became a pain.:rotfl2:
The Totchos were an excellent choice and the Root Beer....on point.
Hey the grands showed me your Twitter.... Hasta La Vista Fr&nk. :sick:

Just got caught up again. I'm so sorry for how things went down with your CP being ended so abruptly. When I read about that happening online you were the first person I thought of. I can only imagine how very sad and anxiety-provoking that all must have been, everything happening so quickly. But hopefully when things settle down again you'll be able to finish out your program right. It's really brightening my night to read more about your CP experience and catch up on your updates :)

Timmy, Timmy Timmy.... did you not learn anything from the great flip flop debacle of February 2011?:rotfl:
Although you did look quite adorable in your black and white pattern shorts and cute Hollywood Hotel (TOT) shirt, the sandals were the perfect accessory...until they weren't and became a pain.:rotfl2:
The Totchos were an excellent choice and the Root Beer....on point.
Hey the grands showed me your Twitter.... Hasta La Vista Fr&nk. :sick:

Omg a truly legendary moment in time. I just thought I GREW from that, but alas times have not changed THAT much.

And thank you, I try my best.

Totchos are forever the only choice. I could use some right now.

Lol love bringing back a classic

Just got caught up again. I'm so sorry for how things went down with your CP being ended so abruptly. When I read about that happening online you were the first person I thought of. I can only imagine how very sad and anxiety-provoking that all must have been, everything happening so quickly. But hopefully when things settle down again you'll be able to finish out your program right. It's really brightening my night to read more about your CP experience and catch up on your updates :)

Glad to have you caught up! It was quite the journey of emotions. I'm still coping to be honest since there's so much uncertainty and I feel kinda stuck. To move forward, I need the world to move forward and we're just not doing that because people can't listen to the experts. Anyways, I'm glad it brightened your evening. Stay safe!

All caught... really enjoying your report!!

Oh :welcome: Don't think I've seen you here before. Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm still coping to be honest since there's so much uncertainty and I feel kinda stuck. To move forward, I need the world to move forward and we're just not doing that because people can't listen to the experts.

This really sums up how I'm feeling as well. It's hard when the future is unknown and there's nothing we can do but wait and hope that everyone gets their act together and does what needs to be done. Hoping you stay safe and healthy as well—thinking of you!

Oh Timmy, I thought of you immediately when I heard about the DCP being suspended. I hope it's back up and running soon.

What a great day at HS you had, but I'm in agreement about your shoes. I'd never survive in those.

Totchos? Why have I not heard of those? We'll be enjoying those in September!

Hope you and your family are staying home and healthy during all of this.

Oh Timmy, I thought of you immediately when I heard about the DCP being suspended. I hope it's back up and running soon.

What a great day at HS you had, but I'm in agreement about your shoes. I'd never survive in those.

Totchos? Why have I not heard of those? We'll be enjoying those in September!

Hope you and your family are staying home and healthy during all of this.

Me too! Fingers crossed this all ends as quickly as it seemed to start.

They were the worst. I don't know how I used to do it but NEVER AGAIN.

They are at Woody's Lunch Box in Toy Story Land. Highly recommend. It's right near the exit to Midway Mania, across from the bridge to Slinky Dog.

And you as well! We all need all the good vibes we can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter