Third US case of coronavirus confirmed in OC

Seattle's comic con has announced they will be moving the con to summer. Dates to be announced - refunding all tickets and will be selling all new ones, that'll be a lot of fun. If the virus isn't still around by the new dates.

A healthy alternative to cleaning/disinfecting supplies is vinegar. I buy the big jugs from Costco, as well as the huge bags of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. Used vinegar for decades.

We are supposed to leave in 5 days. Getting very concerned about going.
I totally understand the concern. We leave in 2 days... feeling a little uneasy especially since we have small kids but going prepared to take extra precautions ( lots more hand washing, hand sanitizer and clorox wipes for surfaces) and just try to enjoy ourselves. It’s hard not to feel a bit scared though.

I totally understand the concern. We leave in 2 days... feeling a little uneasy especially since we have small kids but going prepared to take extra precautions ( lots more hand washing, hand sanitizer and clorox wipes for surfaces) and just try to enjoy ourselves. It’s hard not to feel a bit scared though.
Unless your kids have health issues you’re more at risk from this than they are. Everything I’ve seen says the kids who get it have mild symptoms at most and not one death. This virus is seriously age discriminatory 😉

I would absolutely consult a doctor before taking him traveling then as that’s a pre-existing condition and this is a respiratory disease.

We have spoken with both his pediatrician and his asthma/allergy doctor. Neither recommended outright cancelling. Still feeling really uneasy about the situation.

We also are worried about the chance that we could end up in some sort of isolation or quarantine in California and be unable to come home to our state. That could mean potential job loss. I’ve looked it up and unless I myself get sick or my child, then I wouldn’t necessarily qualify for FMLA. Doesn’t seem worth the risk, but we’ve already invested so much into the trip, including a non-refundable Airbnb.

https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/could-i-lose-my-job-because-of-coronavirus-fears/

Doesn’t seem worth the risk, but we’ve already invested so much into the trip, including a non-refundable Airbnb.
https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/could-i-lose-my-job-because-of-coronavirus-fears/

I feel for you BellandMickey! It's such a tough call all things considered. I will tell you, for us, it got to the point I was more worried about traveling (and all the what ifs) than I was looking forward to the trip. That is not the way I wanted to spend vacation. That is when I knew we should cancel/delay. We are losing $$$$ (12 days in Hawaii, with nonrefundable Vrbo's). I'm sure you'll have a great time if you go but know it'll be there waiting for you if you decide to wait. The best decision is the one you & your family personally feel comfortable with.

We have spoken with both his pediatrician and his asthma/allergy doctor. Neither recommended outright cancelling. Still feeling really uneasy about the situation.

We also are worried about the chance that we could end up in some sort of isolation or quarantine in California and be unable to come home to our state. That could mean potential job loss. I’ve looked it up and unless I myself get sick or my child, then I wouldn’t necessarily qualify for FMLA. Doesn’t seem worth the risk, but we’ve already invested so much into the trip, including a non-refundable Airbnb.

You might contact AirBnB and see if there is anything they are willing to do. They may give you future credit within a certain time frame instead of a refund - under the circumstances. We have a condo booked through Vacasa and that is what they are doing for us. I had to ask, though, and my trip was a week away. Worth a shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!