Third US case of coronavirus confirmed in OC

My Costco had a bunch of rubbing alcohol on Friday. I didn't buy any. Going back today to get glasses for the kids...might grab some if they still have it.

Don't be surprised if they tell you it is out of stock when you show up to get the order. Out Targets (went to 2) were cleaned out of it and hydrogen peroxide (which does kill viruses ,by the way). You could buy witch hazel...that is all that was left.

Doesn’t bleach accomplish the same thing?

Ugh, my 15yo has had a fever and cough for three days now with no other symptoms. We're in Oregon, can't say I'm not a little concerned right now.

Don't be too worried. My 15 year old son had the same symptoms in January right after school started back up. High fever and cough, nothing else. He had the fever for 4 days and then it went away. The cough lingered for about a week longer. Half his class had it and were out for several days. No one else in our house got sick.

OC now has the ability to test in a county lab.

From their website:

We are now able to test individuals for #COVID19 at our Public Health Laboratory that meet Centers For Disease Control (CDC) criteria, including the following: persons with fever or lower respiratory illness who has had close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days of symptom onset; persons with fever and lower respiratory illness requiring hospitalization with a history of travel from affected geographic areas within 14 days of symptom onset; and persons with fever and severe respiratory illness requiring hospitalization which is otherwise unexplained. This testing is arranged with each individual’s health care provider and/or hospital and walk-ups to our lab will not be accommodated.
Excellent news!!

I feel like a dummy.... is that what people are buying rubbing alcohol for?? :confused3 I feel like I should know what people are using it for and I don’t. Lol
You are not alone. Is like they can’t get hold of Lysol wipes or want to mix up their own disinfectant?

Not for your hands.

Hot water and soap?

Not trying to be argumentative, but the run on rubbing alcohol seems to be panic. Bleach and water will kill it on a surface, as will any heavy duty disinfectant. People need to chill! Not directed at you.

Okay just got back from Costco. We went to get glasses, which was easy. HOWEVER, the sheer mass of humanity at the store, most people with carts loaded up with bottled water, toilet paper, and paper towels, was unlike anything I have ever seen. There was a crowd in front of the store right when they opened at 10. Like, seriously 100 people waiting to get in. On a Sunday.

Oh, and they are out of rubbing alcohol. I considered a gallon of vodka, but decided against it. If I drink it all, I won't have any left for disinfecting.

Hot water and soap?

Well, yeah, but I think people are seriously worried that the water is going to be shut off or something. And they won't have any. I don't understand that fear, to be honest. Especially here...we have multiple very large municipal water agencies that aren't going to just shut down. Tap water will continue to flow.

Wow, that’s all so wild. I’m assuming you’re all on the west coast? I’m in Colorado and none of this has impacted our stores one bit. At least in the area I live.

Hot water and soap?

Not trying to be argumentative, but the run on rubbing alcohol seems to be panic. Bleach and water will kill it on a surface, as will any heavy duty disinfectant. People need to chill! Not directed at you.

I totally agree with you! The only reason I actually want some is for the same first aid purposes I always have some on hand. My bottle is running low and I just wanted to get a new one, but alas, no luck.

I am just trying to think of reasons why people are hoarding the stuff and I can't.

Okay just got back from Costco. We went to get glasses, which was easy. HOWEVER, the sheer mass of humanity at the store, most people with carts loaded up with bottled water, toilet paper, and paper towels, was unlike anything I have ever seen. There was a crowd in front of the store right when they opened at 10. Like, seriously 100 people waiting to get in. On a Sunday.

Oh, and they are out of rubbing alcohol. I considered a gallon of vodka, but decided against it. If I drink it all, I won't have any left for disinfecting.

This is why i went Thursday. I knew people were going to panic. The virus doesn’t scare me. What scares me is what is happening right now at grocery stores in California.

Well, yeah, but I think people are seriously worried that the water is going to be shut off or something. And they won't have any. I don't understand that fear, to be honest. Especially here...we have multiple very large municipal water agencies that aren't going to just shut down. Tap water will continue to flow.

Why on earth would they shut off the water? I swear, people are NUTS. The stores are going to continue to be open. I survived Hurricane Harvey. THAT was a freaking disaster. We still had water during that as long as you weren’t flooding. 🤦‍♀️

Wow, that’s all so wild. I’m assuming you’re all on the west coast? I’m in Colorado and none of this has impacted our stores one bit. At least in the area I live.

Yes, I am in Orange County, CA, in a city that has a very large Asian population. I feel like maybe some of this is from hearing from relatives in Asia about how things are over there and then the people here panicking and wanting to NOT be in a situation like how things are in China, Korea, and Japan right now.

Yes, I am in Orange County, CA, in a city that has a very large Asian population. I feel like maybe some of this is from hearing from relatives in Asia about how things are over there and then the people here panicking and wanting to NOT be in a situation like how things are in China, Korea, and Japan right now.

This is a very astute observation. I’m about to head out to Target to pick up my order. It’ll be interesting to see if people are as nuts here in SD!

This is a very astute observation. I’m about to head out to Target to pick up my order. It’ll be interesting to see if people are as nuts here in SD!

My husband is currently living in Okinawa ( a very small Japanese island) and they now have confirmed cases there and because it is an island, supplies are running out FAST. He ran out and stocked up on cleaning stuff and OTC tylenol and advil, as well as paper products. The commissaries were almost out of everything and they don't get very frequent shipments so it's a big deal. He is basically prepared to not need to buy anything for about a month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter