Third US case of coronavirus confirmed in OC

My husband is currently living in Okinawa ( a very small Japanese island) and they now have confirmed cases there and because it is an island, supplies are running out FAST. He ran out and stocked up on cleaning stuff and OTC tylenol and advil, as well as paper products. The commissaries were almost out of everything and they don't get very frequent shipments so it's a big deal. He is basically prepared to not need to buy anything for about a month.

That is definitely a big deal. How are they on food?

I’ve cleaned my entire house with bleach cleaner and washed all the linens on hot. It irrationally makes me feel better. We have our supplies. I feel like I’m ready. 🤣🤣🤣

We're in San Diego and went to Costco today in Poway. It was totally jammed. I don't get either why some people loaded up on water. I'm just glad to have TP and laundry soap. Now it's wait and see.

Yes, I am in Orange County, CA, in a city that has a very large Asian population. I feel like maybe some of this is from hearing from relatives in Asia about how things are over there and then the people here panicking and wanting to NOT be in a situation like how things are in China, Korea, and Japan right now.
I’m in Mesa, AZ so not sure what is causing the mania here.

I think people are worried about possible utility shut off for this reason - if the employees ( even one) of these get sick, and it runs through the place, it can't be run. That and the fact people have to self quarantine for 2 weeks, could result in a supply disruption.

We're in San Diego and went to Costco today in Poway. It was totally jammed. I don't get either why some people loaded up on water. I'm just glad to have TP and laundry soap. Now it's wait and see.

Don’t you remember the Great Poway Water Crisis of 2019? People are probably still traumatized from that. We live in San Diego but travel to Poway for my daughter’s gymnastics practices every day. She still won’t drink out of the water fountain at the gym, because maybe they didn’t clean everything completely out. That’s a 12 year old’s rationale...

Don’t you remember the Great Poway Water Crisis of 2019? People are probably still traumatized from that. We live in San Diego but travel to Poway for my daughter’s gymnastics practices every day. She still won’t drink out of the water fountain at the gym, because maybe they didn’t clean everything completely out. That’s a 12 year old’s rationale...

Yes. It was really sad, because it was over the holidays and so shut businesses down during their busiest time of year. I'm sure they are still trying to recover. And now with a virus probably affecting business...not good. 😥

Governor Newsom Declares State of Emergency to Help State Prepare for Broader Spread of COVID-19 ..... why,

Emerald City Comic Con (Seattle, Wa.) finally announced it will offer refunds - but still not cancelling. It goes March 12-15, pulls in about 100,000 people. Artists and literary guests are cancelling, but Reed Pop still hasn't. At least people will get their money back, now if they decide not to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter