Third week of August or last week of September?

iwasdaisy

Mouseketeer
Opinions? Thought? I've never traveled to WDW during this time. We homeschool so school isn't an issue for us. We are driving in and want to be able to use the pool. We are considering PO Riverside if that makes a difference.

Weather should be about the same for time periods, the only difference I can think of is that in August you may still have some family vacationers so it could be a bit busier than the end of September.

I actually think August is the better choice. A lot of schools have started up by then. End of September is pretty busy now with food and wine. Plus you'll have better hours since it's still summer and the Halloween parties won't have started yet.

We also homeschool and are headed down for the first 2 weeks of September this year.

Honestly, the crowd differences will probably be minimal. There are no uncrowned times. End of August will have moderate crowds, last week of September will have moderate crowds. Weather might affect them some. Meaning if there is a predicted storm, crowds may thin out. Or they may increase if a storm happened a week or 2 before & people change their plans. Either week will be hot & humid, although last week in September might feel a little less, but not by much. You will definitely be able to swim then & no jackets will be needed. Many schools are still out in August & some schools have breaks at the end of September. Plus many people will pull their kids out of school anyway. Food & Wine & Halloween parties are happening at both times. The best advice is pick whichever time works better for your family & don’t look back. Kind of like buying airfare! :rotfl2:

We went during August a few years ago. The weather was lousy but the low crowds more than made up for it. We originally booked at Port Orleans but changed the reservation when we found a 60% off deal on the Poly with discounted park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!