This will probably be unpopular...

I've never had a Mickey bar but only because I am not a fan of the Klondike type ice cream and if I'm going to have ice cream, I much prefer chocolate (not the hard shell on the outside chocolate). And if I'm going to have ice cream, I want something really good, like a sundae. I've had Mickey waffles at WDW (mostly at buffets) and it was nothing to rave about. However, I went on a Disney cruise in 2016 and had them everyday! They were fresh, light on the inside and hot served with fresh cream and strawberries. Loved them. Now, if I can get that at WDW, I'd be happy.

Never had either, but I'm pretty sure I'd like them. We have a Mickey Mouse waffle iron at home so we can make them any time we want. If I'm eating ice cream at WDW it's gonna be a No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream, or Ghiardelli at DS. Nothing against the Mickey bars, I'll bet they're good.

If you like waffles a Mickey Waffle is made in a way that can't really be made at home unless you have a really hot 220v waffle iron. It makes more like a deep fried donut.

I like Mickey Bars because I like dark chocolate. If they were milk chocolate, I'd be ehh about them.

I like the Waffles too.

I'm not a huge fan of the waffles, I'll admit. I've tried them several times and they're just meh to me.

It took me forever to try a Mickey bar, I always thought they must be boring, they're just chocolate ice cream bars. Well, a couple years ago DD and I did the Frozen thing at HS where we got free ice cream novelties during the parade. It was hot and I don't like the frozen lemonade cups, so I decided to try a Mickey bar. It was sooooooo good! I'm sad with myself for not trying one sooner. Now I get one almost every day when we're there. mmmmmmmm

I love the Mickey bars!! It is similar to a Mickey Ice Cream Bar that I had a lot when I was a kid. The waffles..not so much.

I've never eaten a waffle (or pancake) in my entire life. So, obviously, not going for any Mickey waffles. The pictures of them are cute, though. I just can't stand the smell of syrup. Never tasted that either, and never plan to.

I don't like Mickey Bars because the chocolate is way too THICK. It's gaggy. I don't know any other word to describe my feelings about it. If it were nice and thin, like the chocolate on the ones you buy in the store, they would be much better. They also need to be about half the size they are. As is, they are just too big for a snack.

I’ve had a Mickey bar on basically every trip since we knew they existed. Is it the best ice cream ever? No. But it’s refreshing on a hot day and also nostalgic. It’s a must do for us! I think there have been 2 versions over the years. (I need to go back to our early photos and look! Now I’m dying to know.)

I think my name pretty much indicates that I’m a big fan of the waffles :) But, I also loved the Mickey pancakes they used to have at TS places before they transitioned most of them over to waffles.

For old time’s sake, I wish someplace would bring those back. I loved the Mickey pancakes with fruit on them at the Poly when I was a kid. I also wish there was a fresh Mickey pancake QS like they have (had? it might be gone) at Disneyland. Such a classic spot and so cool to see them making the pancakes as you ordered.

What can I say, I like Mickey shaped food :)

Last edited:
I love Mickey Bars, and order one at least once for dessert on every DCL cruise we take.

I like Mickey Waffles with strawberries and real maple syrup, a lot!

I prefer the Mickey ice cream sandwich, and as for the waffles, well, my kids go nuts when we see them so they're "good" in that respect. I can get better waffles here at home.

I always see all these posts with people all excited about their Mickey Bars, and Mickey Waffles.
Do you folks honestly like Mickey Bars and Mickey Waffles, or is it more the tradition and memories of having them? Is it the novelty of eating something Mickey - shaped? I think Mickey Bars are really rather average, and difficult to eat. Almost as soon as you bite it, the chocolate starts to fall apart. As for the waffles, I think they are terrible, and really greasy, and they don't taste like a waffle at all.
Does popcorn taste better at the movies on in your living room?

Does the drink-with-the-umbrella taste better when lounging on the beach - it's the same booze inside?

My father-in-law SWORE that ice cream from the Plaza, with the view of Cinderella's Castle, was the best ice cream ever....it's Dryers.

Do 'Klondike bars' taste better than Mickey Bars?

When served inside Disney, Mickey Bars, particularly the Ears, taste better. This is a well-known fact.

On the other hand, Mickey waffles are a different issue - I have never been served one directly from the waffle-maker. But yes, the Ears are the best part of these too.

To answer your question more directly - my grandparents took my sister & I to Disney in the early 1970's (I remember E-tickets) and could not afford the Mickey Bars. As an adult, I can well-afford the pleasure of a Mickey Bar. So these taste better to me for a host of reasons.

I've never had a greasy Mickey Waffle before. They are always good where we've had them. But Mickey bars aren't my thing. I do enjoy the Mickey pretzels though and they have usually been soft and fresh.

Although I enjoy a Mickey bar well enough, I prefer the Mickey ice cream sandwich. BUT, I’ll take a chocolate and vanilla swirl soft serve ice cream in a cup, not a cone, over either of them.

I don’t eat waffles myself (save the calories at various WDW breakfast buffets for smoked salmon), but DW really enjoys the gluten free Mickey waffles. In fact, she has a Mickey-head waffle iron reserved for making gf waffles at home (to avoid cross contamination).

I’ll forgo the mickey bar for a dole whip any day of the week. As to Mickey waffles... they’re magical.

Great question! :mickeybar

Since I grew up with Mickey bars and the Minnie strawberry bars, as well as turkey legs, those for me always taste a little better than anything else just because of the nostalgia. As far as waffles go, I have only tried the nutella and fruit waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow and thought it was good, though nothing worth noting.

Now as far as the Dole Whip is concerned... I have absolutely zero clue why there is such a hype with it. Tried them twice and didn't care for either. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter